The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't like how Watford, Bournemouth have been moved to 12.00Leicester to 12 .30 and Woolwich to 4.30 to accommodate Sky.
Swansea away moved to Wednesday 7.45

Koeman will target Davies. Probably with lookman or the other Davies.
It's a battle of the midfield really with Schneiderlin and Gueye v Wanyama Dembele.
But that Davies worries me. He is able to drive forward from midfield. We will find them hard to break down and maybe too much for just Wanyama and Dembele basically 2 DMs and a forward thinking midfielder.
If we play 4231 we could be vulnerable to that.
However 343 is vulnerable to a 433 unless you are really great at possession.

We are going to have to be right on our game and not allow them a second to settle in midfield.

Last edited:
Koeman will target Davies. Probably with lookman or the other Davies.
It's a battle of the midfield really with Schneiderlin and Gueye v Wanyama Dembele.
But that Davies worries me. He is able to drive forward from midfield. We will find them hard to break down and maybe too much for just Wanyama and Dembele basically 2 DMs and a forward thinking midfielder.
If we play 4231 we could be vulnerable to that.
However 343 is vulnerable to a 433 unless you are really great at possession.

We are going to have to be right on our game and not allow them a second to settle in midfield.

The good thing about our formation is with Dele and Eriksen playing in the roles they do, it really makes the opposition full backs come narrow. That leaves space for our wing backs to get into, meaning the opposition CDMs try and cut it out. That in turn leaves space for Dembele and Wanyama to fill.

Gueye and Schniederlin are good players, but no better than Kante and Magic yet we conquered those two. Plus, we have Dier who can help with midfield battle as Toby and Jan will have enough to battle with Lukaku.

We'll have most of the possession, we'll also make the most chances.. we just need to take them like we did on Sunday. Everton defend well, but they also give a lot of chances away. Stop Lukaku and you stop Everton.

Lloris
Dier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen
Trippier-Wanyama-Dembele-Walker
Eriksen-Alli
Kane

Not sure whether Walker on the left will work, but I just don't rate Davies in that position and with his speed he can contain Coleman. I also think Trippier deserves to play after his impressive Fulham display.

Davies will start. Poch always wants a left footer on the left side.. you saw that with Wimmer playing LB vs Chelsea.

If we were to start one of the RBs at LB then I'd rather it be Trippier. Or even put Vertonghen there and Wimmer at centre half.

The good thing about our formation is with Dele and Eriksen playing in the roles they do, it really makes the opposition full backs come narrow. That leaves space for our wing backs to get into, meaning the opposition CDMs try and cut it out. That in turn leaves space for Dembele and Wanyama to fill.

Gueye and Schniederlin are good players, but no better than Kante and Magic yet we conquered those two. Plus, we have Dier who can help with midfield battle as Toby and Jan will have enough to battle with Lukaku.

We'll have most of the possession, we'll also make the most chances.. we just need to take them like we did on Sunday. Everton defend well, but they also give a lot of chances away. Stop Lukaku and you stop Everton.
yes we will have to play like we did v City and Chelsea.
Totally agree.
We have to be on it from the off.
I don't think we will lose
They have the same away record as us over last 8
Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 3
However we have scored 12 and let in 10
They have scored 8 and let in 12
Our losses have been at Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea . We also played City and Woolwich in those 8 away games, all 5 others in the top 6
Theirs Chelsea, Southampton and Watford. Only playing City and Chavs out of the top 6 kIn those 8.

long shot but really could do with two tickets for this one, fuck stubhub though.

Just had an email offering me the chance to buy a ticket.

Following a number of cancellations that have been received from other supporters we are now able to offer the One Hotspur Bronze or Lilywhite member with this email address registered and who applied in the ballot application period a ticket for the match.

The tickets available may be in a different price band from your original application however you will be able to purchase any available seats. Tickets are available in all stands, on a first come first served basis and are subject to availability.

These tickets will be available to you until 3pm on Thursday 2nd March. After this time any available seats will be offered to One Hotspur Members.

I cant be bothered now though. Gives me the hump that 13.5k people applied for the 5.5k tickets available & 4 days before the match there are tickets available in all areas (one of the PL upper 'ST' blocks is actually Green).

JakeYIDDO JakeYIDDO wait until 3pm tomorrow, almost certain you will get one then.

Gives me the hump that 13.5k people applied for the 5.5k tickets available & 4 days before the match there are tickets available in all areas (one of the PL upper 'ST' blocks is actually Green).
I don't understand this. Are you saying that 13.5k people applied for those tickets and then loads said they couldn't make it after going to the trouble of applying?
Genuinely interested as I'm in the fortunate position of not having to go into the ballot so not sure how it works.

I don't understand this. Are you saying that 13.5k people applied for those tickets and then loads said they couldn't make it after going to the trouble of applying?
Genuinely interested as I'm in the fortunate position of not having to go into the ballot so not sure how it works.

Not sure, i think it would primarily be ST holders that cant/dont want to go judging by the PL upper block that is 'green' (next to the Sky/BT box) & the fact that tickets are available in all parts of the ground. Perhaps they are struggling to sell on StubHub?

Hoping to get down for this one.

Saw the Everton games home and away a couple of years ago, Kane winning it at Goodison and watching a Soldado goal at the Lane. Lennon was amazing in that game, no wonder Everton signed him afterwards.

Following a number of cancellations that have been received from other supporters we are now able to offer the One Hotspur Bronze or Lilywhite member with this email address registered and who applied in the ballot application period a ticket for the match.

The tickets available may be in a different price band from your original application however you will be able to purchase any available seats. Tickets are available in all stands, on a first come first served basis and are subject to availability.

These tickets will be available to you until 3pm on Thursday 2nd March. After this time any available seats will be offered to One Hotspur Members.

I cant be bothered now though. Gives me the hump that 13.5k people applied for the 5.5k tickets available & 4 days before the match there are tickets available in all areas (one of the PL upper 'ST' blocks is actually Green).

JakeYIDDO JakeYIDDO wait until 3pm tomorrow, almost certain you will get one then.
Thanks Nutter, much appreciated.

That's Mr Nutter to you

That's Mr Nutter to you
:dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom