The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm off work and free from the little ones. If I'm well, I'm down for this and it's been a while since I've seen a game at the Lane. Possibly the league game against Leicester last year. Shocking stuff.

What I took from the Stoke game is how big the difference is between the top six sides and the rest (Stoke were 9th and we completely outplayed them, it was almost a non-contest).
The question is whether Everton are that much better that the sides below them? Are they closing the gap to the sides above them?
I think they are turning into a very good side under Koeman so this will be a difficult game.

Agreed on the same team as yesterday, the only doubt for me is Davies at WB, it's just not his game.
Not his fault though, he's a decent LB and LCB, but that's it.
Too risky I suppose to try GKN in that role ?

Feeling oddly calm about this one, I'm thinking 2-0. Gut feeling purely, since they have been playing well as of lately.

Dealing with Lukaku is half the battle. They're leaky at the back so scoring shouldn't be the problem. Don't want it turning into a game like their Bournemouth game. Think we should win it. 2-0 or 2-1.

Lukaku has never really had a great game against us (I've jinxed it)

I expect our 3 at the back to take care of him. With Alli in between the lines he'll cause their back line all sorts of issues. Hopefully Eriksens form continues as well.

Perfect result coming in at Leicester.

If it stays that way and Liverpool and Woolwich draw then it's a 6 point gap on them at least, maybe even 7.. providing we win.

Last edited:
Lloris
Dier-Alderweireld-Vertonghen
Trippier-Wanyama-Dembele-Walker
Eriksen-Alli
Kane

Not sure whether Walker on the left will work, but I just don't rate Davies in that position and with his speed he can contain Coleman. I also think Trippier deserves to play after his impressive Fulham display.

Would be hard not to go with the exact same team as long as everyone is 100% fit.

We pretty much have a weeks rest between every game from now until the end of the season so no excuses in terms of fitness. 1 goal conceded at home since November whist Everton have only won 2 away games since September (Leicester and Palace).
I think Everton won't be as hard as most people think. I don't think they'll sit back and I don't think they're good enough to sit back. Saying that, they have 5 cleansheets in their last 7 games but they haven't played anything like us away from home within that time.

Movement of Kane, Dele and Eriksen will be trouble for Williams and Funes Mori and I think the pace of Walker will cause all sorts of problems for Baines too. Schneiderlin and Gueye vs. Dembele and Wanyama should be one hell of a battle though.

Man Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich all play before us so we will be a bit of pressure on us if two of those win, luckily Liverpool have Woolwich so would be exceptional if both took points off eachother, expecting nothing but a walkover for United at home to Bournemouth.

We play before both Man City AND Chelsea though, so we could continue to be a point clear of City by the end of the weekend and also close the gap on Chelsea to 7 points to put a bit of pressure on them going into West Ham away.

Our last 8 fixtures against Everton at home:
0-0 Draw
2-1 Win
1-0 Win
2-2 Draw
2-0 Win
1-1 Draw
2-0 Win

Lloris
Dier - Toby - Jan
Walker - Wanyama - Dembele - Davies
Dele - Eriksen
Kane
I'll go with 2-0.
Kane x2

We don't have a weeks rest between EVERY game for the rest of the season. FA Cup v Millwall means rescheduled midweek game against Crystal Palace. And assuming we get through to the semifinals then the game away to Leicester will also be postponed to midweek.

We don't have a weeks rest between EVERY game for the rest of the season. FA Cup v Millwall means rescheduled midweek game against Crystal Palace. And assuming we get through to the semifinals then the game away to Leicester will also be postponed to midweek.

Look forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom