The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The issue here is that Poch is going out of way not to pick him. You know the writing is on the wall. Why do you have to keep going on and on about it?

Let me try to explain why this matters so much (IMO anyway).

Apart from the now mandatory FFP requirements, we have always been a club run within a sustainable financial framework - like this or not, accept this our not, this is the reality. Now we have also just built a shiny new stadium for close to 1bn. As much as nice soundbites are made about the stadium and our transfer business being separate fiscal entities, in reality this is bollocks, we are a business who now has to service a 1bn debt. we have increased our revenue exponentially, which will hopefully enable us to that but the bottom line is there's no new magic beans - we are still a business run on a sustainable model as a normal business, we have to pay for what we buy/use and make what we sell or provide.

FFP and quotas limiting overseas and non home trained players puts massive premiums on any home grown players the minute they can kick a ball straight, which means that value in the transfer market is still easier to find in foreign, less economically strong markets. But the quotas on these players limits the number you can accommodate in squads.

It is vital, therefore, if we want to buy great, non HG, players, that our squad contains sufficient HG players, but as these are premium priced, it makes enormous economic sense to capitalise on what ever decent HG players we are producing at a tiny fraction of the cost.

As an added bonus, these kids have been prepared by our coaching staff, including Poch, to understand exactly what he wants from them, their characters and personalities are completely familiar to us, they do not need to learn a language or settle into a new culture.

And they are almost guaranteed to run through walls to try and succeed. They are not on 150k contracts.

I genuinely feel we are wasting this resource terribly and it has very big knock-on effects.

They don't have to be world class to be viable. Aurier isn't, Sissoko isn't, Rose and Davies aren't, Son and Alli spend at least 30% of their time fucking about.

Well I never saw that coming, Funtime Freddy is not a Spurs fan, my you hid that well Freddy lad..
we’ve won the last three times at the rented non football stadium and yet we just treat that as the norm as you’re just a bottom half club there to make up the numbers..
£100m spent on cripples and OAPs and still only 11th..😂😂😂
Still, forget the League and enjoy your great cup ru....oh wait a minute, they were ended by the mighty Wimbledon and I can’t quite remember who else knocked you out of the cup competitions😂😂

You’ve gone 39 years without a trophy and have won a pathetic 4 trophies in your sad little existence. You sold your sole for an athletic bowl and have to put up with it for. Another 96 years.
You’ve never seen CL football at any of your shit little grounds, we only had to wait a week before we saw it at the best stadium in the world.

Yep, you really have plenty to crow about..:dembelelol:

Ps, next time could you give us some clues as to who you are because none of us had any idea who you were and you had us all totally fooled..:dembelelol:
Brilliantly put,if that don't shut the pikey cunt up nothing will

One thing I find strange is their comments on the noise in the stadium. I think they actually sung about 5 times the whole game. I was above them and it was shocking support from them. They contributed absolutely nothing to the atmosphere. Maybe the worse away support I have seen from them. It was midday kick off, and yes we were poor, but funnily enough I think we were somehow still better than them.

Two of the most bizarre songs were 'punchbags of Europe' (yes, we are in Europe) and 'You're not Tottenham anymore'. Both chants were met with utter bemusement from us. Worse was 'LA LA' to the tune of 'running round Tottenham'. Stay classy; I still remember a few seasons ago every single one of them was chanting 'Adolf Hitler, he is coming for you' and a Lazio fan giving a fascist salute throughout.

Ah, I see.

I see a gooner troll.

I'm afraid not.

But I swear that the loudness of the chanting was not matched by physical movement of faces..

I've heard that this is slowly becoming the normality at stadiums now. Subconsciously the chanting coming through the speakers is making fans believe that the singing has been started by other fans.

This then preempts them to join in the singing.

One thing I find strange is their comments on the noise in the stadium. I think they actually sung about 5 times the whole game. I was above them and it was shocking support from them. They contributed absolutely nothing to the atmosphere. Maybe the worse away support I have seen from them. It was midday kick off, and yes we were poor, but funnily enough I think we were somehow still better than them.

Two of the most bizarre songs were 'punchbags of Europe' (yes, we are in Europe) and 'You're not Tottenham anymore'. Both chants were met with utter bemusement from us. Worse was 'LA LA' to the tune of 'running round Tottenham'. Stay classy; I still remember a few seasons ago every single one of them was chanting 'Adolf Hitler, he is coming for you' and a Lazio fan giving a fascist salute throughout.
Spot on. They were below my section too and I 100% agree with your assessment

I'm afraid not.

But I swear that the loudness of the chanting was not matched by physical movement of faces..

I've heard that this is slowly becoming the normality at stadiums now. Subconsciously the chanting coming through the speakers is making fans believe that the singing has been started by other fans.

This then preempts them to join in the singing.
You're the worst troll we have had here for a while, pretty easy to see straight through you. The username was the first red flag.

internet-trolls-mental-disorder.jpg

Back
Top Bottom