The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can fuck off with Ginni - she’s mine. Her dad is a bigwig in the ECB and she’s getting me tickets for all days of the Ashes series,
and all I have to do is say “you’re right honey - he sounds like an absolute pig”. Get in line you chancer.

Veteran status respectfully noted.

Tamzy is a bore, but she’s rich, so she’s tolerated. We don’t let hypocrisy get in the way of having a good time.

Damn; that names taken? ....Thought i was onto a winner. I guess NappyDugOut is all a bit too route one.

BooteeBitch3000 it is then.

If you don’t leave your house you can’t get into trouble - and two veritables in one sentence? You’ll do for me, I like a wordy guy.

Anyway, off to bed now to dream of muslin cloths, PNSD and child benefit books.... Peace out, boss.

I am going to start calling this the 'west ham paradox'

Namely, why is it that we smashed west ham all the time when we weren't that good, but as when we got better we started having more problems with them?

Since we first got champions league football (2010/11 season) our record has been W8 D3 L8. For what is a mid table team, that is pretty pants. Our only league double in that time was 2012/13. In 2013/14 we lost three fucking games against them. Not to mention that the 2-3 victory in 2013 and 2016 required last minute winners in games we were losing, and the 1-0 win at upton park in 2014 was a late winner after they missed a penalty. The 2-2 draw in the home game that season required a last minute goal to avoid defeat, as did our home draw last season.

I think it's a case of asymmetric pressure. We have little to gain by beating them (it's expected) and everything to lose. On the other hand they have little to lose and everything to gain, given that the players know that getting one over us tides the fans over. It's the same reason cupsets tend to happen.

I also suspect the west ham players have our number. They seem to know that if they keep us scoreless for long enough we will panic and give them an opening.

For these reasons i utterly hate it when we play west ham. Maybe this is how Woolwich felt about us when we were shit. One of the difficulties of getting better as a team is that the dynamic between rivals shifts. I've noticed that in the three seasons leading up to us finally finishing above Woolwich we didn't lose a league game against them. Since then we've lost two (nearly three) of the four we've played, despite going into each of those games as clear favorites.

I'm not saying this is a hard and fast trend, but i'm not sure if we really know how to play as favorites yet. Particularly in situations where the other team has little downside and huge upside. Something to work on for next season.

It's not complicated, they quite literally never have anything to play for except beating us. There's generally three shittier teams than them that will go down and they're never gonna get into the top 4. So at the tail end of the season the game against is all they have left. They plan for it weeks in advance, and I'm serious about that. They use the games beforehand as practice games to work on tactics and formation to iron out problems. The 2nd game of the season against them is always liable to be tricky. We say it's their cup final like a kind of joke, buy there's a lot of truth to it because it's generally all they've got left.

Lack of movement and poor service is trashing our ability to score. Dele seems to take too long on the ball and is making poor decisions. We don't have enough quality in the squad to put balls into the box and as such Llorente is feeding on scraps. Alli, Trippier and Eriksen have the ability and we really need them to step up now.

Respect to West Ham. They didn't play dirty, didn't try to injure players b4 tuesday and were better on the day.

Fatigue seems to have had a big effect on the squad since Xmas, both mental and physical.

If we get to the ECL final we have 5 games left.

Well I never saw that coming, Funtime Freddy is not a Spurs fan, my you hid that well Freddy lad..
we’ve won the last three times at the rented non football stadium and yet we just treat that as the norm as you’re just a bottom half club there to make up the numbers..
£100m spent on cripples and OAPs and still only 11th..😂😂😂
Still, forget the League and enjoy your great cup ru....oh wait a minute, they were ended by the mighty Wimbledon and I can’t quite remember who else knocked you out of the cup competitions😂😂

You’ve gone 39 years without a trophy and have won a pathetic 4 trophies in your sad little existence. You sold your sole for an athletic bowl and have to put up with it for. Another 96 years.
You’ve never seen CL football at any of your shit little grounds, we only had to wait a week before we saw it at the best stadium in the world.

Yep, you really have plenty to crow about..:dembelelol:

Ps, next time could you give us some clues as to who you are because none of us had any idea who you were and you had us all totally fooled..:dembelelol:

Guys in future if some troll comes on the board to crow about a result, please do not feed him. These guys are obvious bait who are trying to induce further meltdown so that they can laugh at us more.

In future ignore and move on. Do not engage. Do not try to explain why we are a better/bigger club. It just makes you seem insecure, petty and drags you down to their level.

Had a lot of Spammer related banter today since returning to work based on the fact that the win was the first any away team ever had at NWHL , is it really that important ? Did anyone remember that West Ham were the first team to win at the Emirates until sky dredged it up last week , does anyone know who won the first match at the spec savers or ethiad ? Reality is it was a tight 1-0 win for them that keeps them in the hunt for a top 10 finish and done us little harm in the end

Had a lot of Spammer related banter today since returning to work based on the fact that the win was the first any away team ever had at NWHL , is it really that important ? Did anyone remember that West Ham were the first team to win at the Emirates until sky dredged it up last week , does anyone know who won the first match at the spec savers or ethiad ? Reality is it was a tight 1-0 win for them that keeps them in the hunt for a top 10 finish and done us little harm in the end

Every day that goes past it's less important as more teams score against us an get points off us over the coming months and years. Soon it will be an anecdote, nothing more, like Ledley's 8 second goal wheich is no longer the fastest

Back
Top Bottom