The mighty Spurs v West Ham. 12.30 K.O - 27th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Pikey" always used to be an insult for Arsen*l, who crossed the river from Plumstead Common in their their brightly-painted tinkerwagons to flog their lucky heather and bake hedgehogs near Finsbury Park.

People who use it to refer to West Ham are Johnny-come-lately plastic new fan cunts

:harrylol:
My friend's mother grew up as an Irish Traveller. I said it in passing once and he nearly gave me a smack. He said they really hate it.
I am not telling people what they can or cannot say. It is however pretty rich to spend pages talking about racism while referring to the other team as a 'pikey'.

My friend's mother grew up as an Irish Traveller. I said it in passing once and he nearly gave me a smack. He said they really hate it.
I am not telling people what they can or cannot say. It is however pretty rich to spend pages talking about racism while referring to the other team as a 'pikey'.
They particularly hate it because its what some Romany s call them(Irish Travellers).

I think I'll add some fuel to the 'is the word racist' fire.

Definition from Urban Dictionary:

Pikey (or Pikie)

From the English "turnpike", the place where itinerent travellers and thieves would camp near a settlement.

Pikey is not a racial group, the term is used to describe anyone who lives in a caravan or shares the same values and "culture" of "the travelling community", and whose main sources of income are as follows:

Stealing cars,
Flogging heather and roses in pubs for "childrens' charities",
Nicking lead off roofs,
Burgling garden sheds,
Blagging entry to old peoples houses to rob them,
Doing dodgy tarmac jobs ("we've got some Black stuff left over from a job up the road"), sometimes with mint imperials used as a substitute for white chippings,
Using snow to lay slabs on when the sand ran out,
Stealing your bollocks if they weren't in a bag and anything else that's not nailed down and anything that is nailed down but will fit in the back of an untaxed Transit when nobody's looking.

Characterised by lurchers on a string, a unintelligible language that "isn't English, it isn't Irish, it's just Pikey" (source: Film: Snatch), a penchant for
harecoursing
ketamine,
lighter fuel,
fighting in pubs
shopping at Lidl.

Best avoided.

I thought it was serious until about half way down!

Don’t want them getting anything. Not even a goal. They’ll be so up for this one though. Hope they don’t sit deep and it’ll give Son and Lucas more space
If they get a goal we'll never hear the end of it. Even if we win 5-1. They'll say "We won the World Cup...first team to score at the new White Hart Lane...Ronnie Kray's my uncle...all our season ticket holders were born within earshot of Bow Bells..." etc etc.

Is winks defo not able to start tomo? Could really do with him getting minutes before Tuesday.. means probably Dier/Wanyama?

SINGING TOMORROW

Please please please to all my fellow Spurs fans who are at the ground tomorrow can you sing your hearts out and drown out that woeful bubble song (it's gotta be the worst football song ever) and I would love to have a rendition of CHIM,CHIMANEY to shut those pikey cunts up COYS

SINGING TOMORROW

Please please please to all my fellow Spurs fans who are at the ground tomorrow can you sing your hearts out and drown out that woeful bubble song (it's gotta be the worst football song ever) and I would love to have a rendition of CHIM,CHIMANEY to shut those pikey cunts up COYS
yes but replace 'bastards' with 'wankers' then they can't chant it back. Mind you.....................

Do any of the 323 brethren meet up before games? I'll be a billy no mates tomorrow and would love to have a pint with some of the fine gents and gentesses on here.

Is winks defo not able to start tomo? Could really do with him getting minutes before Tuesday.. means probably Dier/Wanyama?

Poch is taking no risks, Serge Aurier (hamstring), Erik Lamela (hamstring), Moussa Sissoko (groin) and Harry Winks (groin) – continuing on-field rehabilitation and remain unavailable. Harry Kane (ankle) – undergoing rehabilitation.

Well this has made me more confident, knowing the Spammers may be playing with 10 men:

Manuel "Why am I here?"Pellegrini said:
Wilshere in Hammers squad
Tottenham v West Ham (12:30 BST)
West Ham United
First up, Pellegrini is asked about the shape of his squad for Saturday's trip to fierce rivals Tottenham.
Jack Wilshere, who returned from a long lay-off with a substitute appearance against Leicester last week, is available.
"For this week, Jack Wilshere has continued without problem. Manuel Lanzini has returned to training with our squad. So has Javier Hernandez. Samir Nasri could be next week," Pellegrini says

Back
Top Bottom