The Mighty Spurs - Swans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the main concern today was that after being so so dominant that Swansea might grab another lucky draw against us. Despite the conditions should have put the match to bed with a second much earlier. Sanchez is starting to be a bit of a worry with rash challenges. Poch so right to get him off. Think the decision to bring on Kane was right as we needed a second and could not wait to react after an equaliser. Poch is often criticised for late subs but think he got it right tonight. Thought Dele was good but Son should have scored earlier.
Sky concentrated on first goal and Sanchez non booking and ignored the time Llorente through and maybe not offside and our penalty claims. Not sure who decided that but not seen the blonde before and probably someone behind the scenes.
3points and no obvious injuries. Spammers played tonight as well and will be as tired as us.

3 points playing in a lake on the road with Kane not starting - take that any day against any team. Don’t understand the negativity, they were playing in a monsoon.

3 points playing in a lake on the road with Kane not starting - take that any day against any team. Don’t understand the negativity, they were playing in a monsoon.
Agree to a point. Although the negativity only lasted till Dele scored. Its been fairly positive since then i think

I only realised the other week that Conte's had a hair transplant like Rooney
Where have you been? He was balding during his playing days.... :pochlol:

image-jpeg.40971

Just watched a delayed Motd after work.
Nice 3 points, given conditions and such.

Is the combination of Upson and Keown possibly the most banal/fucking awful pundit duo ever?

Playing on a bog takes it out of your legs .... Poch got the subs on early so that will help but there will be a few tired players after that "slog in the bog" ....

On the plus side Spammers had an even tougher game against West Brom ..... with a cup game just 24 hours after their trip to Wembley not sure how strong a side they will put out .... even if it is their cup final

Mission very much accomplished. Don’t judge our quality on or off the pitch on an evening like that. What a shocker of a place. Just be grateful for 3 points and pray that for us poor sodden sods just getting in that we recover from the BIBLICAL storm. Have to say, I can’t remember the Bible story where Moses took the Israelites to a rubbish away match in the wind and rain, and it was all a bit naff except that they were grateful for the 3 points...

Mission very much accomplished. Don’t judge our quality on or off the pitch on an evening like that. What a shocker of a place. Just be grateful for 3 points and pray that for us poor sodden sods just getting in that we recover from the BIBLICAL storm. Have to say, I can’t remember the Bible story where Moses took the Israelites to a rubbish away match in the wind and rain, and it was all a bit naff except that they were grateful for the 3 points...
I'm sure there would have been a parting of the Red Swansea joke available if they had been wearing their red kit...

Couldn’t watch the match so I just watched the highlights
A. What a pass by Kane, if it was KdB the media would be creaming
B. First half was played in non football conditions
C. Llorente looked lively

Back
Top Bottom