The Mighty Spurs - Swans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trippier was shit. I'd be looking at integrating kwp now
Not blowing my own trumpet but I was always wary about Trippier being the successor to Walker.
I heard a lot of he’s better and younger, the first is rubbish and the second is true by 6 month.
It’s a shame if people thought he was so young he was going to get better. He started 6 games near the end of the season and did ok. But you cannot judge seeing as he was not tested that much.
He’s very average. If his crossing is off there’s not much else in his locker. He’s had one good performance this season. Liverpool.
It could be just a bad spell, but I think he flatters to deceive.
Hopefully it’s the former as we need him

How? He literally did nothing. Just passed it back to sanchez whenever he got it

How is the BPS score calculated?
Players score BPS points based on the following statistics (one point for each unless otherwise stated):

Action BPS
Playing 1 to 60 minutes 3
Playing over 60 minutes 6
Goalkeepers and defenders scoring a goal 12
Midifielders scoring a goal 18
Forwards scoring a goal 24
Assists 9
Goalkeepers and defenders keeping a clean sheet 12
Saving a penalty 15
Save 2
Successful open play cross 1
Creating a big chance (a chance where the receiving player should score) 3
For every 2 clearances, blocks and interceptions (total) 1
For every 3 recoveries 1
Key pass 1
Successful tackle (net*) 2
Successful dribble 1
Scoring the goal that wins a match 3
70 to 79% pass completion (at least 30 passes attempted) 2
80 to 89% pass completion (at least 30 passes attempted) 4
90%+ pass completion (at least 30 passes attempted) 6
Conceding a penalty -3
Missing a penalty -6
Yellow card -3
Red card -9
Own goal -6
Missing a big chance -3
Making an error which leads to a goal -3
Making an error which leads to an attempt at goal -1
Being tackled -1
Conceding a foul -1
Being caught offside -1
Shot off target -1

Not blowing my own trumpet but I was always wary about Trippier being the successor to Walker.
I heard a lot of he’s better and younger, the first is rubbish and the second is true by 6 month.
It’s a shame if people thought he was so young he was going to get better. He started 6 games near the end of the season and did ok. But you cannot judge seeing as he was not tested that much.
He’s very average. If his crossing is off there’s not much else in his locker. He’s had one good performance this season. Liverpool.

He was great against Madrid.

Thought we looked very good and comfortable first half, not so sure why we lost control around the hour mark. Sanchez needs to be careful in clearing situations, thats something he can learn off Vertonghen.

Dele is finding his form again - he really seems to be the kind of guy who gets motivated by hate and booing.

If he was better than Walker City would have bid for him instead.
He aint in the same class.
I still think he's a decent back up though and his attitude is first class.
The way some posters were claiming at the time that we'd sold our second choice RB was a bit naive and silly though.

Carlos at least has some dignity. Fair play to him
He knows that’s how it goes sometimes. Sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don’t
Sometimes I feel Pochettino is too soft when it comes to officials
Especially when your hear Klopp, Wenger, Mourinho, Conte doing it seemingly to plant seeds.
Then again I’d rather have a dignified manager like Pochettino who is actually more of a man than any of them.
We are lucky to have him and the staff.
They are all respectful. Never seen any of them throw a tantrum on the touchline to anyone.

Didn’t he threaten that little shit Conte with a one way trip to the bottom of the Thames the other season?

I want to punch Souness in the face.. All the big decisions went to spurs?? Fuck off you drunkard Cunt.

What about when llorente was clean through and the dick held his flag up? What about pen on Dele? What about pen on Son??

Fuck off you washed up Cunt.

Hasn’t forgiven us for Billy Nic saying he wouldn’t make it in the 60s

Dirty bastard to boot

If he was better than Walker City would have bid for him instead.
He aint in the same class.
I still think he's a decent back up though and his attitude is first class.
The way some posters were claiming at the time that we'd sold our second choice RB was a bit naive and silly though.
The line I really liked was that City didn't bid for Trippier because they knew we wouldn't sell him

:walker-scream:

Back
Top Bottom