The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, well, well....

Bluemoon

"OK First off all I would like to apologise to all the Jewish people around the world some of whom I class as my friends (maybe not for much longer)secondly to all my family , Thirdly I would like to apologise to all of you here on Blue Moon , there really is nothing I can say to excuse this . I was caught up in the moment and stupidly joined in with this chanting , It was aimed incorreclyt in response to the Spurs fans on the tram I Apologise to them also . It was meant as Football banter and in no way racsist or hate I am extremely embarrassed about all this . I have been in touch with GMP and no doubt will get the book thrown at me deservedly so no doubt many on here will say . AS a life long blue I am ashamed to have let everyone down including myself . I ask forgiveness though probly don't deserve it . It was stupid and I regretted it the moment I did it people who know me will no I am not a bigot or a racsist once again I apologise to all I have offended."

Well, well, well....

Bluemoon

"OK First off all I would like to apologise to all the Jewish people around the world some of whom I class as my friends (maybe not for much longer)secondly to all my family , Thirdly I would like to apologise to all of you here on Blue Moon , there really is nothing I can say to excuse this . I was caught up in the moment and stupidly joined in with this chanting , It was aimed incorreclyt in response to the Spurs fans on the tram I Apologise to them also . It was meant as Football banter and in no way racsist or hate I am extremely embarrassed about all this . I have been in touch with GMP and no doubt will get the book thrown at me deservedly so no doubt many on here will say . AS a life long blue I am ashamed to have let everyone down including myself . I ask forgiveness though probly don't deserve it . It was stupid and I regretted it the moment I did it people who know me will no I am not a bigot or a racsist once again I apologise to all I have offended."

Shove your apology up your Arse ( not you Joe )

Didn't one of them accuse this thread of racism.
Oh well.

50 yr olld men too. So sad.
It was no way intended to be racist, you know singing about gassing a race. It was In the heat of the moment.
Someone said gassed in he morning, and we all just joined in, not thinking that it meant we were condoning the act of the holocaust. My Jewish friends around the world never mentioned it. I never knew about the holocaust - my grandfather never told me he fought in a war against Nazi's- and I was unaware of all the history around Spurs and this type of stuff. I have only been following football for 40 yrs.
After all I'm only 50 yrs old. I'd been drinking since 10 in the morning too.
I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Didn't one of them accuse this thread of racism.
Oh well.

50 yr olld men too. So sad.
It was no way intended to be racist, you know singing about gassing a race. It was In the heat of the moment.
Someone said gassed in he morning, and we all just joined in, not thinking that it meant we were condoning the act of the holocaust. My Jewish friends around the world never mentioned it. I never knew about the holocaust - my grandfather never told me he fought in a war against Nazi's- and I was unaware of all the history around Spurs and this type of stuff. I have only been following football for 40 yrs.
After all I'm only 50 yrs old. I'd been drinking since 10 in the morning too.
I'm sorry.

There are no words.

If he wasn't caught on camera, there'd be no apology. Hollow words.
Must have been instantly recognisable, in glorious technicolor, from the footage. It's like getting caught in bed with another woman & trying to wriggle out of it. "In mitigation Your Honour, he did post this on his fans forum, such was his shame"...horseshit.
:dembelefingers:

Bluemoon

Bit o'punctuation wouldn't go a miss!!

Plus his spalling is appealing!

Do you think the irony that he spelt incorrectly incorrectlyt was lost on him???
probly (sic) too busy hissing gas chambers at 'Jews' on a Tram... again, the sublime IRONY!!

As a footnote, the thread on Bluemoon discussing this incident, has been deleted. Presumably because of the amount of people defending this twat.

Up until his damage limitation apology there was widespread condemnation. After, it was all 'he's apologised - that should be the end of it'. The mods at Bluemoon arses went and it was pulled. Disgusting club and fans.

But... but... but...

It was BANTER!

Word should be banished from the language, or at least have its dictionary definition changed

Banter (n, vb.) See also Bantz, Bantosaurus, Archbishop of Banterbury etc.
Being a complete cunt and hoping to get away with it when someone calls you on it

But... but... but...

It was BANTER!

Word should be banished from the language, or at least have its dictionary definition changed

Banter (n, vb.) See also Bantz, Bantosaurus, Archbishop of Banterbury etc.
Being a complete cunt and hoping to get away with it when someone calls you on it

Plenty on there saying it's no worse than fans singing about Munich. Well, Munich was an accident that killed 23 people - hardly comparable to the systematic, industrial slaughter of six million innocent people. They are morons.

Well, well, well....

Bluemoon

every 2 weeks Private Eye lands on the doormat. First up I go to "On the message Boards", to read what Bogbrush, Hatfield Gooner, Haley 123 and Tim the Househusband have to say. Some of it is genuinely laugh out loud.

And then you read the real thing above, and my mind goes so blank I can't even make a comment linking to satire. I don't know what I find more shocking - that he chanted such stuff, that he didn't mean it to be racist, that he didn't know how offensive it would be, that he's clearly only apologising not because of what he sang but because he was caught on camera and there's no way he can worm his way out of it.

I hope that GMP prosecute him and all the others they can identify.
I hope that the guilty ones are convicted.
And I hope that the worst offenders are given custodial.
It would be a start.

Disgusting club and fans.
Absolutely right. Man Utd > Man City any day of the week. I'm talking about the hardcore support not the gloryhunters.

Seems a long time ago now but it was a quality away day. Alli scored at the perfect time when they were just singing "have you ever seen Tottenham win the league", it literally shut them up. And to get the equaliser was priceless. Even though I think we needed to win for the title chase. Great away support. Seemed like a lot of younger lads were there unlike at Watford and Southampton, probably mostly using their dad's/uncle's/a random tout's season ticket, good passionate suppporters.

To this day that is the one game I regret missing.l was offered a ticket and turned it down..

Still can't believe I didn't go..
You're not the only one! I also missed that game and it's the one game I really regret not going to. I don't miss many domestic away games but for various complicated reasons it was really hard for me to get to, really wish I'd found a way. It's also the only really big, history making Spurs game I've missed in the last couple of decades...I vowed never to miss another big game after that, even if it means coming early from a holiday or whatever.

You're not the only one! I also missed that game and it's the one game I really regret not going to. I don't miss many domestic away games but for various complicated reasons it was really hard for me to get to, really wish I'd found a way. It's also the only really big, history making Spurs game I've missed in the last couple of decades...I vowed never to miss another big game after that, even if it means coming early from a holiday or whatever.
If I remember rightly it got rescheduled because of us getting to the FA Cup semi. The club had run all the away applications and set the LP cut-off, then the match got postponed by about 4 weeks to a mid-week evening, making it much bigger than it would previously have been. I probably wouldn't have got a ticket for it otherwise!

If I remember rightly it got rescheduled because of us getting to the FA Cup semi. The club had run all the away applications and set the LP cut-off, then the match got postponed by about 4 weeks to a mid-week evening, making it much bigger than it would previously have been. I probably wouldn't have got a ticket for it otherwise!
Yes I think you're right!

Although I was only watching on TV, will always remember the look of the away end going up after Crouchie's goal...absolute mosh pit.

Bit o'punctuation wouldn't go a miss!!

Plus his spalling is appealing!

Do you think the irony that he spelt incorrectly incorrectlyt was lost on him???
probly (sic) too busy hissing gas chambers at 'Jews' on a Tram... again, the sublime IRONY!!

He can't spell racist. I wonder if he can spell cunt?

Back
Top Bottom