The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still pissing myself laughing at how we managed to nick a point out of this game..
They're not at all bitter about not winning

Yep, we're a shtty tin pot club who have corrupt refs on our side. They're as salty as their tears.

Thing is, this incident happened before the game... in my mind, it shows they meant it more!

Had they just come out of the ground, having witnessed the game we all saw, then, no doubt, some of them would've been quite pissed off (and pissed) and angry...
Not saying it's any sort of excuse for that level of anti-semitic abuse... but as we all know, the 'goading' (and dare I say 'banter'?) that goes on before a game like that, is verrrrry different to the atmosphere after it... when tensions, jubilation, anger, frustration are all mixed into a melting pot of hatred, and can often come to a head.

Before the game (when let's face it, no one knew how the game would pan out) ...you could argue there's a slightly more 'optimistic' atmosphere about... during which, if you decide to sing summit about the opposition, it's usually more light hearted than fucking Gas Chambers!!

Chelsea, West Ham & ArseAnal aside, I can honestly say that the atmosphere before a match is exactly what football is all about... there's almost a "we're all in this together, we'll give eachother some stick, but let's see how the game pans out first" ...I've seen opposition fans chat, swap scarves, shake hands, take pics before games... but rarely afterwards...
I guess what i'm trying to say, is that the effect the game itself may have had in skewing someone's rational judgement just isn't there before a game.

Therefore they meant it. Therefore throw the fucking Torah at them!
...and I wish the online media would stop distorting their faces... show the cunts for who they are!!

To this day that is the one game I regret missing.
l was offered a ticket and turned it down..
l was offered a ticket and turned it down...

l was offered a ticket and >>> turned it down... <<<<
turned it down...
turned it down...
turned it down...
down...
down...

:dierno::kanehand::dempsey::paulinhobored::avbfacepalm::avbshock::pochfacepalm:

No amount of smileys can fully encapsulate the full horror of this sentence!

l was offered a ticket and turned it down...

l was offered a ticket and >>> turned it down... <<<<
turned it down...
turned it down...
turned it down...
down...
down...

:dierno::kanehand::dempsey::paulinhobored::avbfacepalm::avbshock::pochfacepalm:

No amount of smileys can fully encapsulate the full horror of this sentence!

I know Mate, it still haunts me today..Not my best decision..:pochrolleyes:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/abuse-spurs-fans-manchester-tram-12499209

mens_t_shirt_-_mrs_browns_boys_-_thats_nice_now_feck_off_-_navy_cropped_large.jpg

According to Bluemoon we 'provoke' this response by calling ourselves 'yids' :avbfacepalm:.
According to 'Bluemoon' football started it's existence in 2008!

Actually, that does make me wonder whether the general 'consensus' that us Spurs fans have brought all this upon ourselves, is 'cos most 'modern day fans' didn't know football existed before the PL was projectile vomited into their lives in 1992...

I doubt very much that many know (or even care) about football in the '70s and '80s... even less what part it played in the way Spurs fans have been forced to react to it, in the only way we knew how.

All they think is that we get what we asked for, 'cos we started calling ourselves 'Yids'
...without ever bothering to question Why...?

Fucking Bluemoon!!

On the few occasions I've browsed Bluemoan, I have to say I'm not very impressed with their average IQ.

If I could be bothered, I'd refer them to a very funny book by Man City fan and writer, Colin Shindler:

Manchester City Ruined My Life by Colin Shindler | Waterstones

Not only is he Jewish, but he tells of a large Jewish community in Manchester, mainly supporting Man City.

It's a good read; you certainly don't need to be a City fan to enjoy it.

On the few occasions I've browsed Bluemoan, I have to say I'm not very impressed with their average IQ.
If I could be bothered, I'd refer them to a very funny book by Man City fan and writer, Colin Shindler:
Not only is he Jewish, but he tells of a large Jewish community in Manchester, mainly supporting Man City
It's a good read; you certainly don't need to be a City fan to enjoy it.
From the Manchester Evening News:
A video in which football fans can be heard singing anti-Semitic insults is being investigated by police.
The chants were apparently directed at Spurs supporters.
Apparently?? Who else would they have been directed at... the vast Jewish community of Manchester perhaps?

Among the chants, a group of men are heard singing about gas chambers in a reference to the Holocaust.
Thanks for the insightful info!
Most Tottenham fans are not Jewish, but the club has a historical association with London's Jewish community.
Well that's Ok then... as long as most aren't Jewish (and obviously wouldn't be offended) it doesn't count I guess!

Back
Top Bottom