The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't let the result fool you.

They aren't going to be that shit next week. BIG changes. Zabaleta isn't going to be starting in central midfield. Kompany will be starting. They'll probably bring in Caballero who has proven to be better and more reliable than Bravo this season. Nolito will probably come in too.
Too much to put right in too short a timeframe. Stop being so negative.

They aren't going to be that shit next week. BIG changes. Zabaleta isn't going to be starting in central midfield. Kompany will be starting. They'll probably bring in Caballero who has proven to be better and more reliable than Bravo this season. Nolito will probably come in too.
They will do is look to counter the way we play? They will need to think about us. Pep will set his team up to stop us playing. They cant afford to play their own game, whatever that game is.They will be a little worried about us and the way we are playing. Chelsea did them over under similar circumstances. There is no reason why we cant win this..

They will be better next week, but if we play like we have the past few weeks we should win, but probably 2-1 or 3-1. Losing Verts hurts, I don't think we will keep a clean sheet.

We stuck 4 past Caballero last season so you can take that negativity and shove it up Pep's arse. :tobyarm:

They will do is look to counter the way we play? They will need to think about us. Pep will set his team up to stop us playing. They cant afford to play their own game, whatever that game is.They will be a little worried about us and the way we are playing. Chelsea did them over under similar circumstances. There is no reason why we cant win this..

I think they may line up like this:

Willy
Otamendi - - - - -Kompany - - - - - - Stones
Sagna - - - - - - - - - Toure - - - - - - - - - Fernando - - - - - - - Clichy
Sterling - - - - - - - de Bruyne - - - - - - - - Nolito
Aguero​

Today's loss at Everton makes next weeks game even harder. Pep will want a response and he'll tear them a new one after the game.

When City turn up they are an incredible force, but we've shown in the past that we can beat them, and with our recent form and formation I think we are the most feared team in the league. Pep will be looking at this fixture and be thinking 'I don't fancy that'

If Jan is fit then great, if not then Davies in for him. Same everywhere else.

I never predict a score, but 3 points here would open up a 6 point gap between us and them. If they can close that, we can catch Chelsea.

COYS

Funny innit... had they won today, i'd be shitting it that they were hitting form, and would continue that against us.
As it is, they're probably not gonna allow two consecutive defeats, and will no doubt aim to take todays' demoralising defeat out on us...

You can't win sometimes!

That's why i'd have taken a draw before the game...

...and now i'm left hoping Man Utd grab an equaliser in the 2nd half. What levels have I stooped to?

THAT'S what being at the top end of the table does to your mind... what's become of us?

Willy
Aguero​
New rules re # of players?

After our 6-match winning run, at least (points-wise) it's taken the pressure of this being a MUST VIN!

Yes, it would be amazing to win up there (again) and repeat the trick from last year, but the last 6 games have given us a maximum 18 from 18 points - including the wholly extra bonus of beating Chelsea - whilst an amazing achievement, this has taken a monumental effort, and there's 2 ways to look at it; we're on a roll... we'll take on all-comers... we're an unstoppable juggernaut... ...or, the run has to end somewhere!

I'd take a draw right now, purely 'cos it will take points off them as well... a win for them, and we're right back in the 'pack'... a win for us, and we might even create some distance between us and 4th, depending on how results go today.

Either way, it won't be the end of the world if we don't win... we can't keep calling every game a must-win, 'cos they're not all must wins... if we're gonna drop points, it wouldn't be unheard of to drop them at City...

And at least we've beaten West Bromwichoodoo Albion yesterday... now that was becoming annoying!!

If Utd lose today and we beat City next week then we have a gap between us and fifth place. So winning against them is well worth it even if our aim was only top four, but I think we are better than top four. If we drop points then we likely to 9 behind Chelsea which is probably unassailable. Win and it is only 7 points and we have an easy run of fixtures.

Willy
Aguero​

If they are allowed that starting XII, then yeah, we are screwed

Willy
Aguero​
Not got a clue how many changes they will make. All i do know is too many changes , they will get beat. We are a decent side , they will respect that, i do know.

The radio is great a the moment, Jose and Klopp swapping insults. Joes is a fraud, bad loser and hasn't got a clue.
Klopp has genuine passion for football. great stuff.

Please forgive me father for I have sinned, I celebrated a untied equaliser....:kaneshh:
What a great day for spurs and we haven't even played! :vertna:
A perfect Sunday, now time for roast beef and yorkshires!
:walker-scream:

Back
Top Bottom