The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Time to deliver a monumental statement of intent and continue this remarkable run of form

The Pep jocks are vulnerable at the back and we've already smashed them once this season

Same team as today

3:1 win - Ade with all 5

COYS

Will be interesting to see how we play. 3-4-2-1 or pack the midfield? Would go for the latter, but I trust Poch.

I dont expect a tough match actually. They dont have Gündogan and Fernandinho. We will overrun them. We need to keep being clinical and we should get away with 3 points. COYS

Either...

Lloris
Alderweireld - Dier - Wimmer
Walker - Wanyama - Dembele - Rose
Dele - Eriksen
Kane

or...

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Rose
Wanyama
Eriksen - Dembele
Sissoko - Kane - Dele

Last edited:
Amazing how a rich run of form makes even the most pessimistic of us predict or even expect a win against Man C. I'm still not sure that 'spursey' is dead and still at the 'hoping' stage. However if we did win, even I may think we are going to achieve real success this season. I do know that, if we can keep the momentum going, people will have to sit up and notice.

This will still be tough. I think we are more than a match for them but I think a lot of us thought that before we travelled to Old Trafford to.

They still have the likes of Silva, de Bruyne, Aguero who have been a thorn in our side in the past. I believe they are without Fernandinho who has been brilliant for them when not getting sent off and Gundogan being out injured is always a positive.

This will see us on a 7 game winning streak which we've never accomplished since the Premier League was founded which means we've gone 25+ years without doing so. A win here would not only give us some breathing room on City and potentially close the gap at the top, it will also send out a big statement like it did last year.

I think everyone should keep their feet on the ground. I for one would be happy with a draw. I believe that if we show the same form as we did against Chelsea, and more importantly keep concentration, we may even do better. One this for certain is that I won't be going down the bookies

....................................Lloris

...................Dier....................Toby................Wimmer

Walker.............................................................................Rose

..............................Wanyama

..............................................Dembele

.......................Alli...........................Eriksen

...............................Kane

0-2
Kane

I only see us winning this. City have some great players but they don't have a team and have several weaknesses. We basically have no weakness at all. We are mentally strong but they lack belief. I think they will be dreading this. We'll win by at least two goals. I am really looking forward to it.

This is a tough one to predict. Last time out Kane was out injured for us and DeBruyne was out for City. 2 very important pieces for both sides. Really looking forward to this game but kind of see a 2-2 draw coming from this game.

What's the city team likely to be for this, do they have many injuries.

Personal preference is the same system with Davies replacing Verts but it if we switch to 2 CB's in a 4231 then Wimmer instead.

What's the city team likely to be for this, do they have many injuries.

Personal preference is the same system with Davies replacing Verts but it if we switch to 2 CB's in a 4231 then Wimmer instead.

Bravo
Sagna - Stones - Otamendi - Clichy
Toure - Fernando
de Bruyne - Silva - Sterling
Aguero
?
That's a mix between what they've been playing the last few weeks. Unless Guardiola decides to combat our 3 at the back with 3 of his own, but we know how that's worked out this season.

I imagine his line up against us wouldn't be too different to his line up today. He may even decide to put Zabaleta in central midfield again.

After our 6-match winning run, at least (points-wise) it's taken the pressure of this being a MUST VIN!

Yes, it would be amazing to win up there (again) and repeat the trick from last year, but the last 6 games have given us a maximum 18 from 18 points - including the wholly extra bonus of beating Chelsea - whilst an amazing achievement, this has taken a monumental effort, and there's 2 ways to look at it; we're on a roll... we'll take on all-comers... we're an unstoppable juggernaut... ...or, the run has to end somewhere!

I'd take a draw right now, purely 'cos it will take points off them as well... a win for them, and we're right back in the 'pack'... a win for us, and we might even create some distance between us and 4th, depending on how results go today.

Either way, it won't be the end of the world if we don't win... we can't keep calling every game a must-win, 'cos they're not all must wins... if we're gonna drop points, it wouldn't be unheard of to drop them at City...

And at least we've beaten West Bromwichoodoo Albion yesterday... now that was becoming annoying!!

Back
Top Bottom