The Mighty Poch Men vs. Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the longest in the shower?

• Total voters
At the end of the day, Everton away is always a tough, physical, fast game, they're a good side, we often struggle to play well for the whole game, it's often a draw, and in my opinion it's a good result. The performance until Janssen came on was a bit worrying, yes, but we can't draw anymore conclusions until we've played a few more games. Onwards and upwards.

Lucky not to lose in the first half, unlucky not to win in the second.

Pretty stodgy stuff until Janssen came on and Everton started to gas out.

The double DM system wasn't creating any chances for us. There was a concerning amount of exploitation of our back line in the first half. Harry got almost nil service.

On the plus, Walker and Rose played well. Walker can still hit the nitrous tanks when it's needed, Dukes of Hazard style. Lamela's header was a beaut. And again, Janseen seems a very versatile player. Tracked back, won balls, was creative. Unlucky not to win it for us with his poke in front of goal.

Was never a sure win on paper, and never has been. So taking the point grudgingly, and hoping we let loose this weekend against Palace.

COYS

Well, there's also the Kane end of season form, Euro form, start of last season form, and the way he/we struggled in the first half of the Everton game. And then there's Alli's end of season form, euro form, and the way he played against Everton. It wouldn't surprise me if those wanting to see Janssen had more than 1 decent cameo in mind.
Indeed, it's more than just one game people are basing this on. Kane in particular has been rather ineffective for a while now. Personally I think he could do with a longer holiday in order to rest. Not sure if a position change like going back to ten is the solution, to me he just seems tired and has done so for a while now.

What do people want to do, send Kane away to a beach somewhere for 2 weeks and then start his pre season training all over again?

Or just train as normal all week then leave him on the bench? I don't see how it'd benefit him. He didn't play particularly well 1st half but not many in the team did.

What do people want to do, send Kane away to a beach somewhere for 2 weeks and then start his pre season training all over again?

If only we could... obviously we can't afford that as a club to miss our striker, but long-term I do think it actually benefits Kane to have a longer break. He has been overplayed these past two years imo. He was our only striker last year and the year before it wasn't much better with Adebayor disappearing and Soldado not being used much either. And in between he has played a tournament with the U21's and now just returned from France where he played in the European Championship.

Or just train as normal all week then leave him on the bench? I don't see how it'd benefit him. He didn't play particularly well 1st half but not many in the team did.

What we're doing now doesn't really seem to benefit him and us either though. The season has barely started and for me it feels like we're already pushing him beyond what is wise, again.

Hmm I think he was okay and looked fine. In the first half no can blame him for not getting in the game. In the second half he hung back because of Janssen. I feel people are being a little harsh on him. He did a great ball to Lamela where we nearly scored. A ball I think only Eriksen would have been capable of doing.
Also let's all put things in perspective in the last 35 minutes we totally destroyed them and could have won the game by a 2 goal margin. Yes Janssen coming on was part of that but Kane also played his role. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. I am feeling very confident about Palace.

Hmm I think he was okay and looked fine. In the first half no can blame him for not getting in the game. In the second half he hung back because of Janssen. I feel people are being a little harsh on him. He did a great ball to Lamela where we nearly scored. A ball I think only Eriksen would have been capable of doing.
Also let's all put things in perspective in the last 35 minutes we totally destroyed them and could have won the game by a 2 goal margin. Yes Janssen coming on was part of that but Kane also played his role. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. I am feeling very confident about Palace.

Don't want to be harsh on Kane.

But he was really, really poor, he was too during the Euros and increasingly so as early as end season games.

So yes, I think we should include Vince. If I had to chose between VW and VJ in the first XI, I'd chose Vince, hands down.

I don't know if Kane just needs a wee rest, or if he just needs someone to take the workload off him for a bit.

Don't want to be harsh on Kane.

But he was really, really poor, he was too during the Euros and increasingly so as early as end season games.

So yes, I think we should include Vince. If I had to chose between VW and VJ in the first XI, I'd chose Vince, hands down.

I don't know if Kane just needs a wee rest, or if he just needs someone to take the workload off him for a bit.

He's just a two season wonder!

:kaneear:
:pocheyes:

I've been thinking about this a bit today, and I feel as if it's a little strange that so many people (myself included) were clamoring for a backup striker and now there are people that are desperate to start Janssen next to Kane knowing full well that we would then be forced to buy another striker as backup to Janssen in case he gets hurt.

Baz! Horlicks not working?

Ps. Did you get a CL package?

Unfortunately not Joe as too much on this year!

Moving house by October then out of country Nov/ Dec!

Supposed to be relaxing at my age!
(Nothing wrong with Horlicks!)

But have contacts etc so will become a senior Lilywhite!!

Back to thread and getting pissed off with some of the melting!
Especially with Harry!

We rarely start well and a good point on Saturday although I thought we were unlucky not to get all 3!
Why is it that when we play Everton their keeper is always MoM?

COYS

Kane was not 'really really poor' on Saturday at all, he created probably our most clear cut chance from open plan following the goal. Also was wrongly called for a foul in the box (1st half) on Mori when he went down like a sack of shit and the ref bottled it.

Back
Top Bottom