The lowest common denominator

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you make a wildly inaccurate prediction, expect someone to poke a bit of fun at it!

Not having a go at you, a lot of people thought similar, just a bit of fun!

Season not over yet but I get your drift!

Quietly confidant of top 4 now even with this clown in charge!

:pochwtf:

Only kidding!

What changed?

A few things such as the team spirit gradually building etc but specifically the mullering we gave City and the way we battered Woolwich and how cheated I felt only getting a point!
I usually liken a trip to the Emirates to extensive root canal treatment!

But Poch isn't the Messiah and he has a way to go and I still thought he was dead wrong on team selection for the league cup NLD defeat.
And I was very unhappy after the 2-2 draw against Stoke!

But now I can see things moving in the right direction.

I'm not perfect even if you are and sometimes I get things wrong but I am happy to admit mistakes

:avbfacepalm:

l
If you make a wildly inaccurate prediction, expect someone to poke a bit of fun at it!

Not having a go at you, a lot of people thought similar, just a bit of fun!

but people will get shirty if u point out predictions of us winning the league (if we dont).
its not a bit of fun then!

l

but people will get shirty if u point out predictions of us winning the league (if we dont).
its not a bit of fun then!
Glass half full as usual?
What's wrong with being optimistic at the stage we are at?
& why do you give the impression that you are licking your lips at the thought of us failing so you can drag up people's enthusiasm & optimism as a stick to beat them with later on?
It would seemingly give certain folk as much pleasure as Spurs actually doing well, if not even greater pleasure.
:lennon:

Glass half full as usual?
What's wrong with being optimistic at the stage we are at?
& why do you give the impression that you are licking your lips at the thought of us failing so you can drag up people's enthusiasm & optimism as a stick to beat them with later on?
It would seemingly give certain folk as much pleasure as Spurs actually doing well, if not even greater pleasure.
:lennon:
nah. just think its a bit silly bringing up peoples old predictions.
imagine if we all did it.

yeah, everytime we lose i am straight on here telling people i told u so.

oh actually i am not! couldnt care less about getting football predictions wrong.
mate, u take predictions far too seriously if thats the way u think.

& i am just pointing out that some like pointing out negative predictions that didnt come true.
but never do it with positive ones that didnt.
just seems pointless to me.

but just my opinion.
if they want to carry on posting wrong negative predictions whilst ignoring wrong positive ones.
well, thats up to them.
i was just given my opinion thats it silly to bring up any wrong predictions.
imagine how many threads quoting wrong threads there would be.

anyway. carry on making up that i am happy when we lose & i am straight in here to tell people i told u so.

& actually read my post.
i said people will get shirty if u point out them saying we will win the title (if we dont).

wow! so negative. so much doom & gloom.
i said if we dont win the title. I didnt even say we wont.
i said if.

& actually that could mean we come 2nd. what a bloody disaster.

so many lies & assumptions in your reply to my post.
its unreal.

Last edited:
nah. just think its a bit silly bringing up peoples old predictions.
imagine if we all did it.

yeah, everytime we lose i am straight on here telling people i told u so.

oh actually i am not! couldnt care less about getting football predictions wrong.
mate, u take predictions far too seriously if thats the way u think.

& i am just pointing out that some like pointing out negative predictions that didnt come true.
but never do it with positive ones that didnt.
just seems pointless to me.

but just my opinion.
if they want to carry on posting wrong negative predictions whilst ignoring wrong positive ones.
well, thats up to them.
i was just given my opinion thats it silly to bring up any wrong predictions.
imagine how many threads quoting wrong threads there would be.

anyway. carry on making up that i am happy when we lose & i am straight in here to tell people i told u so.

& actually read my post.
i said people will get shirty if u point out them saying we will win the title (if we dont).

wow! so negative. so much doom & gloom.
i said if we dont win the title. I didnt even say we wont.
i said if.

& actually that could mean we come 2nd. what a bloody disaster.

so many lies & assumptions in your reply to my post.
its unreal.
Perhaps you should take your own advice & read my post. I didn't say that you are happy when we lose. I said you give that impression.

So scott scott , are we all to look forward to you singing the club's praises when we do well, cursing our luck when we don't, & being even handed in your criticisms when we play poorly? All those things will happen in the remaining games this season for every club in football.

Is your glass half full when things don't go so well, or are you the type of person who will start whining about how shit we really are, ignoring all the positives from the season & how impressive we have been at times with such a young squad?

Will you tell people who were positive how deluded they were all along?

Above all, be careful using the words "lie" & "unreal" when you are addressing someone's post, or at least be ready to back up such a claim.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should take your own advice & read my post. I didn't say that you are happy when we lose. I said you give that impression.

So scott scott , are we all to look forward to you singing the club's praises when we do well, cursing our luck when we don't, & being even handed in your criticisms when we play poorly? All those things will happen in the remaining games this season for every club in football.

Is your glass half full when things don't go so well, or are you the type of person who will start whining about how shit we really are, ignoring all the positives from the season & how impressive we have been at times with such a young squad?
well im pleased u dont think i happy when we lose!

if we do well then i think u should just enjoy it.
rather than think its good we won the title, but what i am really looking foward to is scott singing our praises.

enjoy our successes, dont let strangers on an internet forum spoil that for u.

when have i been overly negative after a win?
read my posts after the newcastle defeat. i didnt exactly go overboard with criticism. just said we didnt play well & that u get games like that. move on.

the way u go on, u would think i had posted 100s of posts saying we are shit.

all i am saying is people seem to be ok with being wrong if it was a positive prediction.
but not a negative one.
i personally dont want to see posts of people being quoted on saying we will win the league. just like i dont want to see posts of people being quoted when they make wrong negative predictions.
just my personal opinion.

if u like seeing wrong prediction threads, then as u were.
this is a crap argument isnt.
think we should just not reply to each other & spare the forum from it.

all i am saying is people seem to be ok with being wrong if it was a positive prediction.
but not a negative one.

Probably because positivity is an admirable human trait. To keep going when it seems life has it in for you, to try to see the funny side of things, and the good in people rather than the bad?

Negativity brings its own set of problems. You seem to be arguing against human nature. Which is fine.

well im pleased u dont think i happy when we lose!

if we do well then i think u should just enjoy it.
rather than think its good we won the title, but what i am really looking foward to is scott singing our praises.

enjoy our successes, dont let strangers on an internet forum spoil that for u.

when have i been overly negative after a win?
read my posts after the newcastle defeat. i didnt exactly go overboard with criticism. just said we didnt play well & that u get games like that. move on.

the way u go on, u would think i had posted 100s of posts saying we are shit.

but not a negative one.
i personally dont want to see posts of people being quoted on saying we will win the league. just like i dont want to see posts of people being quoted when they make wrong negative predictions.
just my personal opinion.

if u like seeing wrong prediction threads, then as u were.
this is a crap argument isnt.
think we should just not reply to each other & spare the forum from it.
Football & this forum is all about predictions ,discussion of tactics & team selections before every Spurs match. And post match discussions/post mortems. This place would be one enormous cunt off otherwise (see every international break) if it even existed.

Similarly, if people were just enjoying the wins & suffering the losses to themselves, the forum would be empty.

And frankly, nobody cares if you, or I, sing their praises or not. It's amazing you think that they would. People share views & opinions on here. No more, no less. The stronger the views & opinions, the stronger the responses.

Probably because positivity is an admirable human trait. To keep going when it seems life has it in for you, to try to see the funny side of things, and the good in people rather than the bad?

Negativity brings its own set of problems. You seem to be arguing against human nature. Which is fine.
I just think u can be positive without highlighting & quoting others who have wrongly predicted negative things.
I know, I am weird. I just feel you can be positive without quoting & taking the piss out of wrong negative predictions.

I just think u can be positive without highlighting & quoting others who have wrongly predicted negative things.
I know, I am weird. I just feel you can be positive without quoting & taking the piss out of wrong negative predictions.
But the post in question called Poch a clown after we'd finished 5th with a squad of kids, bad influences and not good enoughs. Nobody minds posts that are seemingly negative as long as they're backed up with facts. That post wasn't, nor are most of the negative posts on here. It's always the same people, and this season they've been mostly wrong.

But the post in question called Poch a clown after we'd finished 5th with a squad of kids, bad influences and not good enoughs. Nobody minds posts that are seemingly negative as long as they're backed up with facts. That post wasn't, nor are most of the negative posts on here. It's always the same people, and this season they've been mostly wrong.
I know. I just think u should enjoy spurs doing well rather than go around looking for any negative spurs posts from earlier in the season.
anyway, each to their own. whatever floats your boat.
I have made my boring point.

I know. I just think u should enjoy spurs doing well rather than go around looking for any negative spurs posts from earlier in the season.
anyway, each to their own. whatever floats your boat.
I have made my boring point.
Well it was only one, and it was spectaculary wrong. I don't think people make a habit of it. We'd all look pretty daft if they did.

Well it was only one, and it was spectaculary wrong. I don't think people make a habit of it. We'd all look pretty daft if they did.
well theres more than 1 in this thread.
we have all made our point. so i will drop it now!

Was it Bazali who after the first or second game of the season went into a mini meltdown and claimed we needed 6-8 new players just to make 4th?

Because someone definitely said that, and made an honest point that he felt we'd finish 15th or some garbage like that.

Fucking lol.

I read that, and 11-13 players for the title. Don't think it was Baz, sounds more like itk or triffic totnam. Complete bollocks.

At least Bazali Bazali has recanted, albeit reluctantly!

He was very down on Poch initially but has, I suppose, like pretty much all sentient posters on here, been won over by the spirit Poch has forged, together with the shrewd tactical plans he has asked the players to implement.

Not always been a fan of Levy but looking at how Villa is run it could be much much worse, wasn't that long along we were fighting for the same league positions. Have a read of their forum, just depressing, not sure this forum could cope if our club was run like that.

Half Time Walk Out In Protest!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom