The "Let's Keep It Together" Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I sit here watching Sheffield United outplaying Woolwich, I have to wonder if spending is not overrated. Especially when I see this 70 million pound Pepe miss a sitter. I get it that City and Liverpool are getting it right, but effort and teamwork are a big factor too.

An away day Oop Norf Preston North End would be a grand day out when did we last play them?

I remember us playing them in the 2nd Round of the Coca Cola Cup back in 96/97. In those days, the 2nd Round ties were done over two legs and we drew 1-1 at Deepdale and beat them 3-0 at the Lane. If we'd lost the tie, it would have spared us the 6-1 hammering we got at Bolton in the 4th Round.

I think the hardest question he has is what to do with Eriksen.

He is by far and away our best midfielder. He can link play. We are so fucking flat without him (don’t get me wrong, we can be shit with him too).

So that’s Poch’s main call. Does he mug him off on principle or hold his nose and play him.

I don’t think I can handle a central midfield of Winks and Sissoko. It’s actually physically painful to watch.

Ndombele and maybe even GLC to figure into the mix.... Could be interesting.

Ndombele and maybe even GLC to figure into the mix.... Could be interesting.

GLC and Sess at this point could do no worse than what we currently have tbh, Ndombele hasn't exactly ripped the turf up but it's early days and he has contributed more than most players in this team so far and Poch is playing him wrong I think.

Truth be told the fucking youth team could do better at this point, it's all for nothing though because the reality is the manager is tactically putting us at a disadvantage anyway.

I could literally pick a better 11 and tactics than Poch.

How exactly? You don’t even watch the players play anymore. How do you know? - your team might well be shit. You could write 11 players down on the back of a fag packet - so what? So could everyone, but to confer this dubious accolade on yourself is slightly worrying. As for tactics? Fire away. And you’d still have to have the respect of the super 11 you’d picked to implement those tactics and I don’t know how that would happen given that you contradict yourself even more than Pochettino.

Are you the type of guy who has people falling under your spell the moment you meet them?

I have no idea how to link it on my phone sorry but the Alistair gold video on YouTube where he posted his thoughts after Watford is excellent .

He speaks a lot of sense. Yes criticizes Poch (a lot) but it's balanced and has a go at some of the players even more.

The crucial point he makes though is we're going to have to rebuild whether poch is manager or not, so it's a case of whether we want him to have the chance or someone else.

But when you see some of the options and them think we have according to FIFA themselves one of the top three managers in the world it's laughable that were even considering changing. It's not like Pep or Klopp are waiting in the wings here.

So in January or the summer were I think it's fair to say 90% likely no matter whose on charge to lost Toby, Jan, aurier, rose, wanyama and eriksen. That's a whole new back four we need as a minimum.

We lose the core of this existing cycle so we're moving on even if we keep the manager.

Don't get me wrong I'd like him to hurry it up by dropping a few of them into the youth team but I understand that loyalty exists when you have personal relationships with people.

Yep, it's a very strange table right now. It is possible to make up 5 points with 29 games still to go, but we are also only 4 points clear of the relegation zone.
5th place and relegation are only separated by 7 points right now which isn't much at all.

Regardless of who our opponents are and how they set up we continue to use the same formation game after game ?? A bit predictable isn't it ?
You really think the green shoots of recovery will sprout if we do do that together with leaving Rose and Vertonghen out of the squad ?
Why has no-one told Poch it's that simple :thumbdown:.

I really do admire your loyalty to the manager and unstinting faith in him and his 'philosophy' but surely even your bottomless barrel of confidence and belief in Poch must be starting to have a slightly hollow sound to it ??
The only thing having a knock on effect throughout the team is Poch....and it's a negative one. I'm sorry and I know you cannot see it that way so we shall agree to disagree until perhaps harsh reality makes you reconsider your position.
:coys:
He's not getting a tune out of them and has made questionable decisions, but you can't accuse him of not trying different things.
we played 5 at back or 3421 on saturday
433 and 4231 before that
and diamond.
what else is there, 442?
he's tried 4 different RBs incl sissoko there which was a move a lot of people were clamouring for.
he's brought in Dier as DM which people were calling for
he has tried Moura, contrary to belief
he's played our new signings when he has had them.
he played youngsters and returning to fitness players v colchester
they've all turned out shit.

I think the hardest question he has is what to do with Eriksen.

He is by far and away our best midfielder. He can link play. We are so fucking flat without him (don’t get me wrong, we can be shit with him too).

So that’s Poch’s main call. Does he mug him off on principle or hold his nose and play him.

I don’t think I can handle a central midfield of Winks and Sissoko. It’s actually physically painful to watch.
The team and tactics have been built around Ericksen to a large degree which is why we are so shit when he is either not playing or not bothered. Fundamental managerial error.

Maybe Lo Celso is the answer, but if Poch continues to play the same donkeys who are letting us down week after week then it doesn't really matter who we signed.

He's not getting a tune out of them and has made questionable decisions, but you can't accuse him of not trying different things.
we played 5 at back or 3421 on saturday
433 and 4231 before that
and diamond.
what else is there, 442?
he's tried 4 different RBs incl sissoko there which was a move a lot of people were clamouring for.
he's brought in Dier as DM which people were calling for
he has tried Moura, contrary to belief
he's played our new signings when he has had them.
he played youngsters and returning to fitness players v colchester
they've all turned out shit.
And the common thread there is...

The team and tactics have been built around Ericksen to a large degree which is why we are so shit when he is either not playing or not bothered. Fundamental managerial error.

Maybe Lo Celso is the answer, but if Poch continues to play the same donkeys who are letting us down week after week then it doesn't really matter who we signed.
There's making Eriksen your focal point, which is one thing, but Eriksen's inclusion or exclusion can't make up for centre halves who can't track their men.

Back
Top Bottom