The "Let's Keep It Together" Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread is based on the assumption that Poch isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future and, for better or worse, we're stuck with him. This thread also assumes that there won't be any new signings in the January Transfer Window and again, for better or worse, the players we have are the ones who will be carrying our hopes for the season.

We need to get past the "waiting for something to happen" mindset and get behind the team. I don't know what we can expect from our current lot but, at this stage, I'll settle for our Premier League survival and anything else we get is a bonus.

Please don't post any negative comments about Poch or Levy here. That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about keeping our club alive; it doesn't matter if we go to the absolute depths of non-league football as long as we love our players and want them to win.

0ba41f273603018208e055cd83d9082dc262e03871e053fb4b9c778b2205d6f9.jpg

I'm happy for Poch to stay if he rediscovers his passion for the job and grows a set of testicles and is able to start making tough decisions and drop certain players.

But this shoehorning players in around "must plays" is doing nothing for us, him, or our players.

I'm happy for Poch to stay if he rediscovers his passion for the job and grows a set of testicles and is able to start making tough decisions and drop certain players.

But this shoehorning players in around "must plays" is doing nothing for us, him, or our players.

50% negative
50% positive

Get Out

This thread is about keeping our club alive; it doesn't matter if we go to the absolute depths of non-league football as long as we love our players and want them to win.

Well as someone who spends a fair amount of his time near the depths of non-league football I will put this here as an accurate representation of how alive ENICs Spurs would be if they ever found themselves down there.........

karlins6-3-10-11.jpg

This thread is based on the assumption that Poch isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future and, for better or worse, we're stuck with him. This thread also assumes that there won't be any new signings in the January Transfer Window and again, for better or worse, the players we have are the ones who will be carrying our hopes for the season.
giphy.gif

We need to;

a) Decide on a formation and stick to it
b) Get Rose and Vertonghen out of the starting lineup - physically they have both dropped off very quickly and its having a knock on effect throughout the team with other players needing to cover for them

If we can do both of the above then our form will improve steadily

We need to educate Poch on how to get the best out of his existing squad. A few emails from Sammy and others should work the trick.
Refrain from squandering more money in January and instead use the funds to get the long overdue statue of Levy erected outside the stadium.
Would be a great focal point to bring all the fighting factions together.

We need to;

a) Decide on a formation and stick to it
b) Get Rose and Vertonghen out of the starting lineup - physically they have both dropped off very quickly and its having a knock on effect throughout the team with other players needing to cover for them

If we can do both of the above then our form will improve steadily

Regardless of who our opponents are and how they set up we continue to use the same formation game after game ?? A bit predictable isn't it ?
You really think the green shoots of recovery will sprout if we do do that together with leaving Rose and Vertonghen out of the squad ?
Why has no-one told Poch it's that simple :thumbdown:.

I really do admire your loyalty to the manager and unstinting faith in him and his 'philosophy' but surely even your bottomless barrel of confidence and belief in Poch must be starting to have a slightly hollow sound to it ??
The only thing having a knock on effect throughout the team is Poch....and it's a negative one. I'm sorry and I know you cannot see it that way so we shall agree to disagree until perhaps harsh reality makes you reconsider your position.
:coys:

We need to educate Poch on how to get the best out of his existing squad. A few emails from Sammy and others should work the trick.
Refrain from squandering more money in January and instead use the funds to get the long overdue statue of Levy erected outside the stadium.
Would be a great focal point to bring all the fighting factions together.

I could literally pick a better 11 and tactics than Poch.
How?
I’d say “Harry, how do you and the lads want to play”.
And I’d listen to them.

If you were manager for the day, you’d play the diamond and tell the boys “sorry but you know that window in July 2018..? That’s why I’m playing a formation you hate and are shit at”

:adethumbup:

I think the hardest question he has is what to do with Eriksen.

He is by far and away our best midfielder. He can link play. We are so fucking flat without him (don’t get me wrong, we can be shit with him too).

So that’s Poch’s main call. Does he mug him off on principle or hold his nose and play him.

I don’t think I can handle a central midfield of Winks and Sissoko. It’s actually physically painful to watch.

Back
Top Bottom