The Injury Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If someone else had missed this (like I did) then here is a link that has both - some speculation and some quotes.

Would be beyond massive to get him back in time when we face Dortmund.
P.S they lost to Werder on pens today in DFB Pokal, so they are not imposible to be taken down!!

The first leg is a week's time, so really not hopeful - and I'd worry they were brought back too quickly which might set them back. .

But if they were fit - even only to take a place on the bench, I think it would be a great boost for the team and fans.

The first leg is a week's time, so really not hopeful - and I'd worry they were brought back too quickly which might set them back. .

But if they were fit - even only to take a place on the bench, I think it would be a great boost for the team and fans.

Well, he posted video of doing some running/prepearing exercises on 31.01.
That is 14 days before the Dortmund game!

But ofc I agree - we should not take big risks with him and should not hurry him back.
Just if he would be ready (conditional, once more) it would be friggin aweeesooome :)

Well, he posted video of doing some running/prepearing exercises on 31.01.
That is 14 days before the Dortmund game!

But ofc I agree - we should not take big risks with him and should not hurry him back.
Just if he would be ready (conditional, once more) it would be friggin aweeesooome :)

Sure, but Harry injured on about 15 Jan and club then said 'early March, so I'd be happy with Burnley on 23rd - 10 days before forecast time. Same with Dele

But to get Harry back 10 days before that (in total taking about 3 weeks off the forecast 7 week recovery period or about 40% less time) sounds almost superhuman......(where's that pic of Kane as Superman when you want it !)

3rd highest injuries to have to contend with over the season & the only one of those 3 putting up much of a fight with their targets for the season. Yet another thing seemingly against us that we've had to deal with. Over 5 injuries per game so far with a squad our size I see a fair old slab, I'm trying to recall a game where we've been able to play our strongest XI all from the start

Edit: I'd probably say our strongest first XI if everyone was fit is Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane. I don't know if we've ever actually been able to field this starting XI which would be mental if true. Any bods know if this teams every stepped foot onto a pitch with one another?

Last edited:

3rd highest injuries to have to contend with over the season & the only one of those 3 putting up much of a fight with their targets for the season. Yet another thing seemingly against us that we've had to deal with. Over 5 injuries per game so far with a squad our size I see a fair old slab, I'm trying to recall a game where we've been able to play our strongest XI all from the start

Edit: I'd probably say our strongest first XI if everyone was fit is Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane. I don't know if we've ever actually been able to field this starting XI which would be mental if true. Any bods know if this teams every stepped foot onto a pitch with one another?

Although that graphic shows Spam and Woolwich top, does it take into account first team players only and the quality of those players.

If we had (for example) KWP, Llorente, Vorm, Skipp, Foyth injured, then that would not of been as bad as the injuries we have had. Kane, Dele, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele etc. and Son away at the Asian Cup.

Also if you have 1 or 2 injuries at a time that is not as bad as having 5 or 6 FIRST team players injured at the SAME time.

Although that graphic shows Spam and Woolwich top, does it take into account first team players only and the quality of those players.

If we had (for example) KWP, Llorente, Vorm, Skipp, Foyth injured, then that would not of been as bad as the injuries we have had. Kane, Dele, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele etc. and Son away at the Asian Cup.

Also if you have 1 or 2 injuries at a time that is not as bad as having 5 or 6 FIRST team players injured at the SAME time.

I think Woolwich figures are probably skewed by long term injuries to the likes of Welbeck, Holding and Bellerin et al, and whilst I'm not over familiar with their team I think most of them are back up players rather than automatic starters - Ramsey is often injured but not sure if he is regarded by Emery as a starter or not, but he's probably the only first team starter if Emery thinks so.

Wilshere would be in Woolwich's figures but is now probably in Wham's

sHyf8NSL_bigger.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur‏Verified account @SpursOfficial
TEAM NEWS: @dele_official (hamstring) and @HKane (ankle) have commenced on-field rehabilitation. @Ben_Davies33 (groin) is continuing rehabilitation. @vincentjanssen (knee) and @ericdier (virus) are unavailable this weekend.pic.twitter.com/AvjcpLPSZE

Dy4pwngX4AEmbu6.jpg

Dy4pyDsXcAAHpaV.jpg

Dy4p1oLXgAMXAV4.jpg

Dy4p2e1WoAEm9jm.jpg

Ben Pearce‏ @BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Danny Rose is being assessed after getting a shin wound against Leicester on Sunday. Kane, Alli and Davies are all out, while Vincent Janssen is ineligible. Dier and Lamela are available though.

Alasdair Gold‏Verified account @AlasdairGold
Spurs injury news: Danny Rose faces a late fitness test after he suffered a gashed shin. Kane, Alli and Davies all continuing injury rehab. Dier and Lamela back and available. Janssen ineligible.

TEAM NEWS: @dele_official (hamstring) @Ben_Davies33 (groin) @HKane (ankle) All three players are continuing rehabilitation.pic.twitter.com/EdOcQUpX9Z
  1. DzNMpd_XcAAdK3S.jpg

DzNMqh-WoAI0JyF.jpg

DzNMrhRWsAA6boh.jpg

DzNNJ2RWwAE7UYx.jpg

TEAM NEWS: @ericdier (virus) @ErikLamela (back) Both players have returned to training with the squad. @vincentjanssen (ineligible) - unavailable for selection.

Luke Amos also spotted in the gym doing rehab.

Hope Rose is fit enough to start, alternative with Davies out is to play Jan Vertonghen there but (all respects to Jan) Rose is the superior LB

Good news that Dier is back, think he may srart in a 3 man midfield with Winks and Sissoko. Lamela fit enough for bench if his back still an issue ?

Ben Pearce‏ @BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Danny Rose is being assessed after getting a shin wound against Leicester on Sunday. Kane, Alli and Davies are all out, while Vincent Janssen is ineligible. Dier and Lamela are available though.

Spurs injury news: Danny Rose faces a late fitness test after he suffered a gashed shin. Kane, Alli and Davies all continuing injury rehab. Dier and Lamela back and available. Janssen ineligible.

TEAM NEWS: @dele_official (hamstring) @Ben_Davies33 (groin) @HKane (ankle) All three players are continuing rehabilitation.pic.twitter.com/EdOcQUpX9Z
  1. DzNMpd_XcAAdK3S.jpg

DzNMqh-WoAI0JyF.jpg

DzNMrhRWsAA6boh.jpg

DzNNJ2RWwAE7UYx.jpg

TEAM NEWS: @ericdier (virus) @ErikLamela (back) Both players have returned to training with the squad. @vincentjanssen (ineligible) - unavailable for selection.

Luke Amos also spotted in the gym doing rehab.

Hope Rose is fit enough to start, alternative with Davies out is to play Jan Vertonghen there but (all respects to Jan) Rose is the superior LB

Good news that Dier is back, think he may srart in a 3 man midfield with Winks and Sissoko. Lamela fit enough for bench if his back still an issue ?
Don’t think Jan would appreciate trying to mark Sancho. I would think they could take a risk with a gashed shin as we have 10 days till Burnley

Don’t think Jan would appreciate trying to mark Sancho. I would think they could take a risk with a gashed shin as we have 10 days till Burnley

Poch on Danny Rose: "Today it's impossible for him to start but will assess tomorrow if he’s available to be on the bench."

Not sounding good - but I agree with your thought

I fully expect that before the end of this seaso, one of our players wil be injured by a splinter from the stone or metal bench.

It's incredible how many njuries we have suffered and keep suffering.

We seem to have had 4-5 and more players out for the last 2-3 months. As one returns another goes off. 10 days off after wed by which time poss all back except Alli.
How would Liverpool cope with Mane and Salah out for two months at the same time.

TEAM NEWS: @dele_official (hamstring) is continuing on-field rehabilitation. #COYSpic.twitter.com/nut4EmUtVq
Dz7haChWwAA93rD.jpg

1. Dz7iHYyWkAM1s7a.jpg

Dz7iIc_WwAA4FEZ.jpg
Dz7ifPnX4AER9oN.jpg

Back
Top Bottom