The Injury Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good news is that I didn't see any new injuries in the Barcelona match, and the returning Lamela played about 30 minutes without showing any signs of discomfort.

No new updates since before the Barcelona match Barcelona v Spurs - team news | Tottenham Hotspur but :

Aurier - being assessed by our medical staff over a groin problem

Trippier - is undergoing an individual preventive and conditioning programme for his groin problem.

Dembele (ankle),

Foyth (hamstring)

Sanchez (hamstring)

Wanyama (knee)

Not sure we are going to see any more of these back for Burnley. But I live in hope

Good news is that I didn't see any new injuries in the Barcelona match, and the returning Lamela played about 30 minutes without showing any signs of discomfort.

No new updates since before the Barcelona match Barcelona v Spurs - team news | Tottenham Hotspur but :

Aurier - being assessed by our medical staff over a groin problem

Trippier - is undergoing an individual preventive and conditioning programme for his groin problem.

Dembele (ankle),

Foyth (hamstring)

Sanchez (hamstring)

Wanyama (knee)

Not sure we are going to see any more of these back for Burnley. But I live in hope

Poch did say before the Leicester game that Foyth would miss Leicester and Barcelona but sure he was going to be ready for Burnley.

But all of the others are definitely out - it's whether we bring Foyth in for Burnley or for the Woolwich game.

Poch did say before the Leicester game that Foyth would miss Leicester and Barcelona but sure he was going to be ready for Burnley.

But all of the others are definitely out - it's whether we bring Foyth in for Burnley or for the Woolwich game.

Thanks.

If Foyth is fit for Burnley, I'd be tempted to play him in that and give either Alderweireld or Vertonghen a rest before we play Woolwich when I'd like to revert to an Alderweireld/Vertonghen CB partnership.

Thanks.

If Foyth is fit for Burnley, I'd be tempted to play him in that and give either Alderweireld or Vertonghen a rest before we play Woolwich when I'd like to revert to an Alderweireld/Vertonghen CB partnership.

I was thinking the same thing - will be interesting to see how Poch plays it. He could feel that the cup game away at Woolwich would be the perfect opportunity for Foyth to rectify his errors in the league game. I'd personally hope we go full strength against Woolwich, or very little rotation to say the least. (Lamela for Eriksen, Lucas for Son etc)

Right lads, I pulled my hamstring in an eleven aside match two weeks ago. First time I've done it. Fucken agony.

Anyway, I went back to training last night. Everything was fine. Tonight I played a game of fives. About half an hour in I played a one two, and with clear sight of goal I opened up on my left for a Stoichkovesque ripper. I connected and bang, the fucken hammy goes big time.

Any physio cunts out there with good advice? I'm flying to Antwerp tomorrow and I'm hobbling about like I've a broken arse.

Deep fry your hamstring!

TEAM NEWS:

@Serge_aurier (groin) & @mousadembele (ankle) have commenced on-field rehabilitation.

@daosanchez26 (hamstring) & @JuanMFoyth (hamstring) have entered late stages of conditioning work.#COYS

@trippier2 (groin) is continuing an individual preventative and conditioning programme.

@VictorWanyama (knee) continues his rehabilitation.

Looks like Foyth will not be back for the Burnley match which is a shame.

But it does look like Sanchez will be back earlier than thought (originally pencilled in for January) and both he and Foyth will be back in a few days or a week,

Likewise Aurier and Dembele seem to be making good progress and return this side of Christmas.

Trippier and Wanyama seem to be furthest away from a return from the language used

From Poch's press conference :

Alasdair Gold‏Verified account @AlasdairGold
Poch: "I am more motivated to play against Burnley than the previous games because to reduce the distance between Liverpool and City. To be up there is a massive motivation and I hope we all feel the same." He also said Trippier, Aurier, Sanchez and Foyth could play Saturday.

I suspect that Poch is being very gungho about the return of 4 players v Woolwich on Saturday, but I take it as a good sign and that all 4 could be back within 10 days/2 weeks with a couple of them back for Saturday.

Good news we could do with a few more in the squad given the schedule of games coming up !

Last edited:
zp2DTSsl_bigger.jpeg
SimonBrundish‏ @SimonBrundish
Here’s how the World Cup is still effecting the @premierleague clubs, into mid Decemberpic.twitter.com/Yom0Phg6wj

DuXv6rRXcAAOi1o.jpg

Yup, we are top of the 'injuries after world cup' league !

Fuck sake man, how was I to know? I felt ok. And I could hardly resist putting the fucken hammer right through the baw when I could see the whites o the keeper's eyes. I'm gutted mate. Gutted.

How long do I need to wait before I take to the stage again?

Get a Stage tonight to Wick with a one way ticket

The only caveat to this is:

I know it goes against the official Spurs press release somewhat, but if it's from Poch's own mouth...

TEAM NEWS c Burnley :@ericdier misses today's game due to a virus.@JanVertonghen misses out due to a thigh injury.

We are running out of CB's now without Foyth, Vertongen and our CB/DM Dier, meaning Davies playing at CB (where he plays for Wales) and Eyoma (academy CB) being on the bench. And Skipp starting at least in part as we don't have too many midfield options, I think he was always going to get more chances in PL, but slightly surprised he starts this soon. Delighted though.

On the positive side, Trippier is recovered enough to start against his former club.

Last edited:
Dier update | Tottenham Hotspur
Eric Dier has undergone surgery to remove his appendix.

The England international midfielder was diagnosed with appendicitis after contacting our medical staff due to acute Abdominal pain. He received immediate treatment to assess and then remove the appendix.

He will now undergo a period of recovery before commencing rehabilitation and it is expected he will return to training with the squad in January.

Along with our Medical staff, we wish to thank the NHS for their excellent treatment of Eric.

Looks like Oliver Skipp is going to get more playing time in December, as our established CM alternatives are only Winks and Sissoko with maybe Dele and/or Eriksen dropping back. We also have a few other decent youngsters who could play a role off the bench, or even more, such as Jamie Bowden (played in pre-season 2018) or Tashan Oakley-Boothe (played in pre-season 2017) !

Dier update | Tottenham Hotspur
Eric Dier has undergone surgery to remove his appendix.

The England international midfielder was diagnosed with appendicitis after contacting our medical staff due to acute Abdominal pain. He received immediate treatment to assess and then remove the appendix.

He will now undergo a period of recovery before commencing rehabilitation and it is expected he will return to training with the squad in January.

Along with our Medical staff, we wish to thank the NHS for their excellent treatment of Eric.

Looks like Oliver Skipp is going to get more playing time in December, as our established CM alternatives are only Winks and Sissoko with maybe Dele and/or Eriksen dropping back. We also have a few other decent youngsters who could play a role off the bench, or even more, such as Jamie Bowden (played in pre-season 2018) or Tashan Oakley-Boothe (played in pre-season 2017) !

Thank the NHS????

...Fuck me; all that dosh and no-one else can foot the bill?????

Injuries this season have been crazy but we've dealt with it incredibly well.

Agree, think that Poch has started to learn how to rotate players well, and now starting to bring through a few more youth players - something Fregue did at ManU incredibly well but I've not seen any other PL manager master. Learned in adversity but I hope he continues next season to use all the squad at his disposal as IMO its the only way to have a real go at 3 competitions simultaneouslt

Tottenham Hotspur‏Verified account @SpursOfficial
TEAM NEWS: @mousadembele (ankle) and @Serge_aurier (groin) are continuing with on-field rehabilitation. @ericdier (appendicitis) is continuing his recovery following surgery to remove his appendix.pic.twitter.com/GygZQgpXYY
  1. Dusyr9gW4AA6wLT.jpg

Dusy5W1WsAEzs8g.jpg

Dusy6aeWkAAj7RY.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur‏Verified account @SpursOfficial
  1. Duszl01W4AUbxdK.jpg

Duszm1DWsAAXBGJ.jpg
TEAM NEWS: @JuanMFoyth (thigh) @daosanchez26 (hamstring) Both have returned to training with the squad.pic.twitter.com/nhnjx1mgDs
  1. Dus0bSkWsAEeGjb.jpg

Dus0ceFW0AErou2.jpg

Just hope Sanchez and Foyth are not being played too quickly due to Vertonghen's injury

Back
Top Bottom