The Injury Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So many injuries this season, quite possibly related to the World Cup and limited/no pre-season, that its easy to lose track of which players are injured and when they might become available.

I've taken dates from English Premier League Injury Table who say they base the date on average recovery times, unless specific information is available

Luke Amos - Out for season
Victor Janssen (Foot) - No return date
Jan Vertonghen (hamstring) - 15 December
Danny Rose (groin) - 24 November
Moussa Dembele (ankle) 13 January 2019
Davinson Sanchez (hamstring ) - ??? a few weeks ??
Eric Lamela (cut head in Palace match ) - after international break ?
Kieran Trippier (knock in Palace match)

Just Returned :
Victor Wanyama
Eric Dier

Tottenham Hotspur‏Verified account @SpursOfficial

1f4f0.png
@mousadembele has flown out to @Aspetar for world class treatment as he continues his rehabilitation from an ankle injury. #COYSpic.twitter.com/iAv2JRnEWB

Drzj0wKW4AE2sxP.jpg

Harry Winks went to the same place last season for his injured ankle before having an operation on his ankle

I'll guess that Dembele will come back and still have trouble with his ankle only to then have surgery (which he probably should have just had done in the first place).

I'll guess that Dembele will come back and still have trouble with his ankle only to then have surgery (which he probably should have just had done in the first place).

Yup, that's exactly what I was warning of with the reference to Winks treatment.

Lamela also had extensive treatment somewhere (don't think it was revealed where) before needing an op - but it was revealed somewhere that avoiding an op was the players choice - which caused him to be out for getting on for almost a season.

Based on the above I do worry we've already possibly seen Dembele play one of his last games in a Spurs shirt

Yup, that's exactly what I was warning of with the reference to Winks treatment.

Lamela also had extensive treatment somewhere (don't think it was revealed where) before needing an op - but it was revealed somewhere that avoiding an op was the players choice - which caused him to be out for getting on for almost a season.

Based on the above I do worry we've already possibly seen Dembele play one of his last games in a Spurs shirt
Lamela went to Rome as far as I know

Right lads, I pulled my hamstring in an eleven aside match two weeks ago. First time I've done it. Fucken agony.

Anyway, I went back to training last night. Everything was fine. Tonight I played a game of fives. About half an hour in I played a one two, and with clear sight of goal I opened up on my left for a Stoichkovesque ripper. I connected and bang, the fucken hammy goes big time.

Any physio cunts out there with good advice? I'm flying to Antwerp tomorrow and I'm hobbling about like I've a broken arse.

I have to say our injury list is absurd....are we warming up properly? It’s not normal
What is worrying is the regularity with which injuries that our doctors/physios diagnose as simple and short term end up being long term instead.

Lamela, diagnosed with a minor hip problem, ends up out for over a year.
Wanyama's slight knee problem that ends up going chronic is another example.

Right lads, I pulled my hamstring in an eleven aside match two weeks ago. First time I've done it. Fucken agony.

Anyway, I went back to training last night. Everything was fine. Tonight I played a game of fives. About half an hour in I played a one two, and with clear sight of goal I opened up on my left for a Stoichkovesque ripper. I connected and bang, the fucken hammy goes big time.

Any physio cunts out there with good advice? I'm flying to Antwerp tomorrow and I'm hobbling about like I've a broken arse.

Don't be a dumb cunt and run two weeks after pulling your hamstring.

Fuck sake man, how was I to know? I felt ok. And I could hardly resist putting the fucken hammer right through the baw when I could see the whites o the keeper's eyes. I'm gutted mate. Gutted.

How long do I need to wait before I take to the stage again?
I refer the honourable member to the answer given by Joe Clash earlier.

Fuck sake man, how was I to know? I felt ok. And I could hardly resist putting the fucken hammer right through the baw when I could see the whites o the keeper's eyes. I'm gutted mate. Gutted.

General recommendation is 4-6 weeks rest, but frankly I’d give it longer.

I got a stress fracture from running too much earlier in the year. Was a right pain in the ass, but I did the same thing as you and came back way earlier than I should have to running. Re-injured myself, and made it far worse. Rested longer the second time and no issues.

Give it time ye fucken dummy.

Minimum of one case of scotch. Stay indoors for at least a month with a few short walks, taking half a bottle of medicine a day.

I have to say our injury list is absurd....are we warming up properly? It’s not normal

Virtually all muscular injuries (eg hamstrings) which are usually a sign of tired players - result of players in World Cup final or 3rd/4th play off having no pre-season after a 3 week break. Add in players like Eriksen who run the most not having enough of a break too.

Add in the fact that when you have 4 or more players out continually, inevitably all the other players tend to need to play more, so its difficult to rest the players between matches.

Poch always trains players hard - but our limited pressing this season (and pressing is a Poch favourite) is a clear sign he recognises the players cannot do it this season safely (if we did press more we'd have even more players out)

Give it 6 weeks before you run but use this time to strengthen your arse, lower back & quads, this will protect and prevent it from happening again.

Or do what I do and ignore what you're supposed to do and start jogging about a bit after a couple of weeks, do not work on the bigger muscle groups and whatever you do do not warm up or do a cooldown.

Back
Top Bottom