The Guy Behind

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not TGB as such, but I'm not a good person to be sitting near when it's not going well. More bad language, pulling out hair and gnashing of teeth than criticising. My own mother doesn't recognise me when I watch a game that's rubbish.

I'm not TGB as such, but I'm not a good person to be sitting near when it's not going well. More bad language, pulling out hair and gnashing of teeth than criticising. My own mother doesn't recognise me when I watch a game that's rubbish.

I am tired of people who attend games and treat it like a "day out" and expect games to be some sort of clean non-intrusive experience where nobody around them gets upset at what they are seeing, it's such a "nose up" attitude to have at a football game imo.

Hell, you even see these same people complaining when others sing in a positive manner, they just want to sit there in peace and quiet and watch a nice game of football while they eat their sandwich being boring cunts and doing nothing but then have the nerve to complain about others who actually care about the club and their team.

It's these passionless, lifeless and frankly daytripping football supporters that are killing the soul of the game imo (and the atmosphere.)

Now don't get me wrong, someone moaning from start to finish at a game and calling the players cunts etc is just annoying so I completely get what this piece is saying but at the same time, some people just get annoyed the second someone so much as makes a single complaint.

My mate was at the Bayern game and had someone turn around and tell him to fuck off because when the 6th goal went in my mate shouted "gutless" (he hadn't said a single thing up until that point either btw, it was just a gut reaction) he also noted that the bloke who told him to fuck off hadn't sung a single song all game and was just sat there pretty much the entire time on his phone not even paying attention.

This is the problem, I agree that having a moaning cunt in your ear all game is grating but I feel like some people don't want anybody to show any feeling or passion towards the club, they just want their nice day out, just tells me that their hearts aren't really in it.

Does TGB ever shower you in confetti pre-match....?
In which case, I apologise to all TGIF (The Guys In Front) I may have 'covered' down the years...

I am tired of people who attend games and treat it like a "day out" and expect games to be some sort of clean non-intrusive experience where nobody around them gets upset at what they are seeing, it's such a "nose up" attitude to have at a football game imo.

Hell, you even see these same people complaining when others sing in a positive manner, they just want to sit there in peace and quiet and watch a nice game of football while they eat their sandwich being boring cunts and doing nothing but then have the nerve to complain about others who actually care about the club and their team.

It's these passionless, lifeless and frankly daytripping football supporters that are killing the soul of the game imo (and the atmosphere.)

Now don't get me wrong, someone moaning from start to finish at a game and calling the players cunts etc is just annoying so I completely get what this piece is saying but at the same time, some people just get annoyed the second someone so much as makes a single complaint.

My mate was at the Bayern game and had someone turn around and tell him to fuck off because when the 6th goal went in my mate shouted "gutless" (he hadn't said a single thing up until that point either btw, it was just a gut reaction) he also noted that the bloke who told him to fuck off hadn't sung a single song all game and was just sat there pretty much the entire time on his phone not even paying attention.

This is the problem, I agree that having a moaning cunt in your ear all game is grating but I feel like some people don't want anybody to show any feeling or passion towards the club, they just want their nice day out, just tells me that their hearts aren't really in it.
Under the circumstances I would say only shouting gutless once during that hellish abomination of a performance shows remarkable restraint on the part of your friend.
Strange behaviour from the guy who told him to eff off, to put it mildly.

Back
Top Bottom