The FA Cup 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I assume you're not going then?
Nope.
This is the problem though, Levy could charge £40 a ticket and we'd still sell 30,000 so in his eyes there isn't a problem. I get supporting the team through thick and thin but there has to be a point where it's gone too far in terms of costing.

Nope.
This is the problem though, Levy could charge £40 a ticket and we'd still sell 30,000 so in his eyes there isn't a problem. I get supporting the team through thick and thin but there has to be a point where it's gone too far in terms of costing.

Not sure what would happen if Europa League football comes back to the Lane. 20-30k crowds max at current ticket prices. Would really lose out on the CL money.

He has to see it coming from statements he’s making. Tighten the belt is the usual Levy way. We risked big money in the summer and it’s not paid off at all to date

It is what it is though.

Family 4xTickets for this cup game are cheaper than me buying the family ticket package and watching Stevenage Boro play Oldham next Tuesday. Puts that into perspective.
Only difference is could be home by 10pm and spend about £60 less on travel and food If I stay local.

But we struggle midweek for these lesser games as the ground is a real journey to get to for a lot of our fans now. A lot have moved out of London and rely on trains etc and taking time off work.

Fair play to those who go to watch Spurs play Middlesbrough Tuesday night. The hardcore.

But we struggle midweek for these lesser games as the ground is a real journey to get to for a lot of our fans now. A lot have moved out of London and rely on trains etc and taking time off work.

Fair play to those who go to watch Spurs play Middlesbrough Tuesday night. The hardcore.

Exactly this.

Anyway, sleep is for wimps.

:pochsulk:

Not sure what would happen if Europa League football comes back to the Lane. 20-30k crowds max at current ticket prices. Would really lose out on the CL money.

He has to see it coming from statements he’s making. Tighten the belt is the usual Levy way. We risked big money in the summer and it’s not paid off at all to date

It is what it is though.

Family 4xTickets for this cup game are cheaper than me buying the family ticket package and watching Stevenage Boro play Oldham next Tuesday. Puts that into perspective.
Only difference is could be home by 10pm and spend about £60 less on travel and food If I stay local.

Completely agree.
The ticket price is one thing but the cost of actually going to the game is so much more.

I've spent a grand on my season ticket but every game is an additional £50-£70 in train fares, food, drink etc.

So when we get given an extra game that we have to play on a cold midweek in what is typically the hardest month of the year (financially), charging more than the original fixture cost is just downright wrong in my opinion.

Not that the club cares...we're all just numbers.

£20 ain't too bad for fuck sake.
Don't think people can moan too much either about travel for home games, they chose to either move away or support a team miles from where they're from.
Got to say though, some of our top top support are northerners/midlands, top fellas.

The winner v Southampton in 4th Round is not chosen for TV.
The following Emirates FA Cup rourth round games have been selected for live television broadcast:

FRIDAY 24 JANUARY 2020

Northampton Town v Derby County (8pm) – Live on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate

SATURDAY 25 JANUARY 2020

Brentford v Leicester City (12.45pm) – Live on BBC One and BBC iPlayer

Hull City v Chelscum (5.30pm) – Live on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate

SUNDAY 26 JANUARY 2020

Manchester City v Fulham (1pm) – Live on BBC One and BBC iPlayer

Watford or Tranmere Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers or Manchester United (3pm) – Live on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate

Bristol City or Shrewsbury Town v Liverpool (5pm) – Live on BBC One and BBC iPlayer

MONDAY 27 JANUARY 2020

AFC Bournemouth v The Scum (8pm) – Live on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate.

Nope.
Bang on

I’ve stopped going the last few months , I don’t enjoy watching this team at all anymore but I would still be going week in week out if the prices were justifiable

I mean the cheapest ticket for Brighton at home was the best part of 50 quid

It’s obscene

Nope.
Nail on the head!

Completely agree.
The ticket price is one thing but the cost of actually going to the game is so much more.

I've spent a grand on my season ticket but every game is an additional £50-£70 in train fares, food, drink etc.

So when we get given an extra game that we have to play on a cold midweek in what is typically the hardest month of the year (financially), charging more than the original fixture cost is just downright wrong in my opinion.

Not that the club cares...we're all just numbers.
The club cares. It's Levy who doesn't!

Back
Top Bottom