The FA Cup 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very happy with this draw. New away trip for me. Hope it’s Tranmere as we’ll get a better allocation.
Hope its Tranmere also.
Friend of mine who moved to Port Sunlight in the early 90's (He's a Yid), has been in touch to say that a ticket and his spare room are available for me that weekend. He knows someone in the club, it will be in the main stand though, so will have to sit on my hands.
Now sit back and watch Trannie fuck it up in the replay. (Spursy).
:pochrolleyes:

All northern birds are fit. Love the fake tan!!

Yes we have Royal Birkdale of course

Cheer us on. It’s a nicer place that Tranmere!!
Did you spend more than us in the summer? Is there a fruit & veg stall near your stadium? Any famous people from Southport?

ofhabit-filgm-b27b30.gif

We were taken over in the summer and have a budget now of £5k a week which is big in terms of the national league north. We average around 1000 at home but have a huge catchment area. Unfortunately with Everton and Liverpool on doorstep we can’t compete. We took 800 yesterday and a few years back sold 3000 for a fa cup trip to derby. The game would be a sell out.
Obviously we’d lose but I’d expect it would be a new ground for many of you guys

Famous people from Southport. John bishop and unfortunately mark lawrenson but the towns new star is tommy fleetwood

We were taken over in the summer and have a budget now of £5k a week which is big in terms of the national league north. We average around 1000 at home but have a huge catchment area. Unfortunately with Everton and Liverpool on doorstep we can’t compete. We took 800 yesterday and a few years back sold 3000 for a fa cup trip to derby. The game would be a sell out.
Obviously we’d lose but I’d expect it would be a new ground for many of you guys

Famous people from Southport. John bishop and unfortunately mark lawrenson but the towns new star is tommy fleetwood
Is there possibility to set up some temporary stands in case it ends up being you guys? To take in some extra numbers.

On a serious note although I wouldn’t expect you at full strength, if you did go out the champions league and I certainly hope you don’t, Poch really needs a trophy now so the FA cup would become a must go to for you all surely?

Well isn't it nice to see a courteous and open welcome from Southport.

I, as you may have read, have an aunt and uncle residing in Southport and have spent many pleasant trips to visit them of late.

I can also confirm that my cousin is a somewhat large and tattooed women who loves Everton and beer. And is single.
Your cousin sounds like a catch.

On a serious note although I wouldn’t expect you at full strength, if you did go out the champions league and I certainly hope you don’t, Poch really needs a trophy now so the FA cup would become a must go to for you all surely?
From our point of view as fans yes. Sadly the club doesn't think the same way. It's all about the money, and there's no money for us in the cup - only a slight commerical boost maybe, but a single league victory and the increase in the chance of Top 4 that brings is significantly more valuable than winning the FA Cup. Whichever of you go through will face a heavily weakened team, likely ten or eleven changes from the side the plays the league game beforehand. Expect out-of-favour or unfit first teamers, the likes of Gazzaniga, Llorente, Lamela or Sissoko rather than the youth team though.

From our point of view as fans yes. Sadly the club doesn't think the same way. It's all about the money, and there's no money for us in the cup - only a slight commerical boost maybe, but a single league victory and the increase in the chance of Top 4 that brings is significantly more valuable than winning the FA Cup. Whichever of you go through will face a heavily weakened team, likely ten or eleven changes from the side the plays the league game beforehand. Expect out-of-favour or unfit first teamers, the likes of Gazzaniga, Llorente, Lamela or Sissoko rather than the youth team though.

Not sure why you are including Sissoko and Lamela in that category. Neither is unfit or out of favour.

Do you even watch spurs?

games on TV?

Manchester United v Reading

Tranmere or Southport v Tottenham

Frank Lampard's Derby v Southampton

Wrexham or Newport v Leicester

Solihull Moors or Blackpool v Woolwich

Woking v Watford

Wolves v Liverpool

Hi Southport fan here. Obviously it’s a massive draw for us but there’s a big game to get through next week.
We drew at Tranmere yesterday and should have won. Don’t worry about the league positions this is what the cup is all about.
If you’ve never been to Southport it’s on the coast just down from Blackpool. Plenty of hotels and B&Bs and a great night out. It’s also cheap!! £3 a pint. The ground holds 6000 so you’d be more likely to get 1500. Mainly standing behind goal with about 300 seats. It’s would be one of the biggest matches of our history. Any questions feel free to ask and I’ll check the forum.
All the best in your games beforehand.

Are we allowed to bring bananas into the ground?

Back
Top Bottom