You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Competition The FA Cup 2018/19

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by TottenhamAberdeen, 3 Dec 2018.

1. 94Spurs94

Lamela is literary unfit, that's why he wasn't even on the bench on Sunday. And Sissoko is someone we normally play in these games.

• Disagree x 1
  2. Yid7

Frank Lampard's Derby.
    :harrylol:

• Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Guido

If I'm driving up is it best to take my hubcaps off the car just to be on the safe side?

• Funny x 3
  4. Guido

Near Blackpool you say?
    [​IMG]
    :gazza2:

5. Southport FC

In the event of it being Southport, There will be 1100 terrace tickets and 206 Seats available for visiting fans

• Like x 3
  6. Boltonspur

Only as a nutritional snack...& no littering you oik.
    :pochunimpressed:

• Funny x 1
  7. Totti

I know these are the games we all prefer - either home or away at a shit team but I dread these fixtures. Awful pitches, players who aren't really technically good just wanting to go out there and bash our players up. I absolutely hated those games last season with Rochdale and Newport (Rochdale replay at Wembley wasn't too bad).

Especially when we tend to rotate heavily and it looks like we have 11 strangers on the pitch. Just hope we can get in there, get it over and done with and nobody gets injured. Hopefully get in the hat for the fourth round and move on.

• Agree x 2
  8. spursmalc

Better than getting a top team and Knackering the best players, dropping points in subsequent games or even worse getting knocked out. Think we have moved on from 11 strangers and just rotate from the squad.

9. Totti

#89 Totti, 5 Dec 2018
    Last edited: 5 Dec 2018
    The games are played on a weekend the Premier League is suspended so I couldn't care less about knackering players. They get a weeks rest. Am I meant to be empathetic towards millionaire footballers who can't play 1 game in 7 days?

If I was manager, I'd play this line up against Tranmere/Southport

Gazzaniga
    KWP - Alderweireld - Foyth - Rose
    Eriksen - Winks - Sissoko
    Lucas - Kane - Son
    But we know Poch won't - it'll be a team involving the likes of N'Koudou, Llorente, Wanyama etc. players who won't be here in the summer, playing like they've never played with eachother before despite training 2 years together, instead of just going full strength and destroying them.

• Agree x 1
  10. asterdroid

The other guys do need game time, and while there's a chance they get caught out like last season, poch needs to fix this since other teams manage just fine playing their second line team e.g. woolwich in Europa League

11. Totti

They do - we have the League Cup for that though. This trophy tends to come in midweek where we can afford to rest players. We do a pretty good job of switching our team up in that tournament too.

As we are also likely to be knocked out of the Champions League, the Europa League will also provide a good opportunity too.

12. CSWY

Supporter

Football is all about the culture and experience. Being at games. Seeing other clubs. Having a laugh with them and at them. Rochdale last season was an awful game but it was fun going. Personally, I love matches like that. Generally, I love away games.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  13. Rocket

BT have this on the Friday evening apparently.

• Like x 1
  14. Totti

#94 Totti, 6 Dec 2018 at 3:55 PM
    Last edited: 6 Dec 2018 at 4:07 PM
    [​IMG]

Brilliant.

So we play Cardiff AWAY on the Tuesday and then have to play in an FA Cup away game just 3 days later which will make it 3 games in 6 days. Though I imagine our players would just stay in Wales.

I mean, both Tranmere and Southport also play on the Tuesday (both are away) but damn the fixture dates haven't been kind to us at all this year have they!?

15. alexwooty

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/dec/06/fa-cup-on-tv-third-round-061218
    Yep, appears so. Ridiculous to make fans make that journey on a Friday.

Woking v Watford also picked for TV, a local-ish fixture that they could have put into the Friday night slot without much fuss... but no, they put it as 2 pm Sunday instead.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  16. Nutter-Naylor

Supporter

17. The Fish

We shouldn't be surprised as we know they couldn't care less about the fans. DIsgrace all the same. Fuck TV

• Agree x 2
  18. Nutter-Naylor

Supporter

Cue some BT Sport has been ex-player who couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo slagging off our support for not attending.

Fuck BT and fuck Sky.

19. 94Spurs94

Willing to bet we'll sell out our allocation despite their shit.

• Agree x 2
  20. gaz

gaz

being able to use their clubhouse was good.

• Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info