the EVERTON AWAY match thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could see AVB starting JD at striker, Ade in the hole and Dempsey on the left in place of Bale. Though with the match being awayfrom home we will most likely see our standard 4-2-3-1 with JD at striker, Gylfi in the hole and Dempsey on the left. That worked pretty well the closing portions versus Fulham! Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dempsey on the left as he spent a lot of time coming in from there at Fulham and AVB has already referenced it.

Lloris​
Walker Caulker Gallas Vert​
Sandro Huddlestone​
Lennon Dembele Dempsey​
Defoe​

OR

Sandro *Dembele
Lennon *Ade Dempsey

EDIT: WOAH

Lloris​
Walker Caulker Gallas Vert​
Sandro Huddlestone​
Lennon Dembele Dempsey​
Defoe​
=​
150px-Star_of_David.svg.png

Away from home we usually concede possession and play on the break but tactically. Everton will be more likely to allow us the chance to break as they do push up, or have done more so this season and that is where we'll miss Bale.

There is nothing from Everton that makes me think this game is done and dusted, but as I thought we would draw against Fulham and we ended up swatting them aside, I'm going into this match with an abundance of confidence I wasn't expecting 8 days ago.

I think Adebayor has to play, Everton are a very physical team and we will need his presence, and also his ability to make the ball stick up their end

Dempsey was shit at Left mid last time and he's just been getting used to that number 10 role, why play him there when you have Gylfi, Falque and townsend

I think we are going to miss Bale big time, Everton are the type of team you need someone to do something a bit special against to beat at home.

Bale has never done well at Everton though, I remember Phil Neville keeping him very quiet a season or so ago.

I seriously think it will do us good for the season to play without Bale for a bit. It'll give some of the other players a chance to step up and take charge of a situation without feeling the urge to simply pass to him. A tighter, more controlled and patient passing setup might just work against Everton, especially if we start to frustrate them.

To be honest, and you guys may laugh, but I'd like to see Gylfi play on the left for this one, but realistically I'm sure he will put Dempsey there.

To be honest, and you guys may laugh, but I'd like to see Gylfi play on the left for this one, but realistically I'm sure he will put Dempsey there.
I'm pretty sure the last time the two of them were played in those positions, both looked clueless until Gylfi was instructed to play on the left wing and Dempsey shifted to the middle.

5-0 Spurs, :smesh:

Back
Top Bottom