the EVERTON AWAY match thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can see why its the minority opinion.

Benny back = natural LB = playing natural CB (Verts) in his proper position = no Gallas = Caulker having a settled partner = more stability = better understanding = less mistakes.

Sorry about all the '='

Caulker worries me. He set up the first goal by taking the ball out of Lloris' hands just like the Liverpool game. Doesn't he understand French? And he was frozen in place just like Gallas and Vert on the second. I know it's part of the maturation process, but...he needs to grow-up faster!

Caulker worries me. He set up the first goal by taking the ball out of Lloris' hands just like the Liverpool game. Doesn't he understand French? And he was frozen in place just like Gallas and Vert on the second. I know it's part of the maturation process, but...he needs to grow-up faster!

He will be a good un eventually, he's still our second best (fit) Centre back at the moment. Would rather Verts and Caulker than Gallas and Caulker.

But then again Caulker could learn alot from Gallas in much the same way as Ledley learnt alot from playing alongside Naybet (blast from the past.)

My internet was being w*nk so I had to follow it on Twitter which is probably one of the worst things in the world! I couldn't bring myself to watch any highlights either. It's not like us conceding in the last minutes of a game is AVB's fault... it's always been a trait of our beloved team!

Anyway, we need to push on with these 2 home games coming up.

My internet was being w*nk so I had to follow it on Twitter which is probably one of the worst things in the world! I couldn't bring myself to watch any highlights either. It's not like us conceding in the last minutes of a game is AVB's fault... it's always been a trait of our beloved team!

Anyway, we need to push on with these 2 home games coming up.

It happened under the previous bloke because he wasnt tactically aware and that was why we needed to upgrade they said.

Our main problem is that we are non-existent down our left side and teams are targeting it. Vertonghen is doing a decent enough job, but he's always tucking in and is giving the opposition whole swathes of territory to run into, he usually has Bale to help cover but Dempsey just wasn't there yesterday. I lost count of the amount of times Seamus Coleman broke down that side yesterday, his delivery was always shit...until injury time.

P0120.png

Just saw the game again. Yeah yeah, should be working.

Our pressing game truly is awful, only Dembélé and Sandro are where they are supposed to be. And we need to sort of how we clear the ball out ASAP as well. Preferably either to predefined wing player positions or just as long as possible at all. I think I saw 5-6 clearances right into the area in front of our box in the first half alone ... before I stopped counting.

We need Benny back fast. And Kaboul and Parker too. Then the squad problems can be adressed.

Also noted, how many players look very, very jaded. And we are only just entering the Christmas programme.

Yeah, but no more Europa League games for a while will be a boost, we have no game until next Sunday now.
True, that.

Cannot say I am not happy with that break.

It's all fine and dandy having ambitions in 2 tournaments, but not when we only have about 16-18 able class players and 5-6 of the being injured and the rest needing rotation.

He's growing up plenty fast enough for a CB mate. Not to make silly comparisons but...

At a couple weeks shy of 21, Caulker has played a full season for a Premier League team, earning much praise on the way (and making player of the season for his loans in Div1 and Championship), and then has been an integral part of a Spurs team well in the hunt for CL at Christmas. He has also worked his way into the England set-up already.

Pique was just moving back to Barca at 21, having played a good amount of games on loan for Zaragoza and a few games for Man U and didn't break into the national team until he hit 22... Now one of the best CBs in the world.

There'll be plenty of mistakes left in Caulker yet, it's inevitable. but if he carries on in the direction he's going, we'll be fine.

The only worry I have about Caulker is that all the praise and early success will make him full of himself, and think he's truly made it before he really has...

Back
Top Bottom