the EVERTON AWAY match thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did anyone else realize that the last 2 teams we've played and then Everton had drawn 4 from their last 6 games before we played them. If we win this we could be onto something here :levyeyes:.

Also not really sure why all the pessimism. We're hitting a good patch of form at the moment.
Everton not so much, 1 win in their last 9 games and that was against Sunderland.

We have a good shot at this, could even go 3rd if Chelsea fuck up vs Sunderland.

I think we are going to miss Bale big time, Everton are the type of team you need someone to do something a bit special against to beat at home.

Did anyone else realize that the last 2 teams we've played and then Everton had drawn 4 from their last 6 games before we played them. If we win this we could be onto something here :levyeyes:.

Also not really sure why all the pessimism. We're hitting a good patch of form at the moment.
Everton not so much, 1 win in their last 9 games and that was against Sunderland.

We have a good shot at this, could even go 3rd if Chelsea fuck up vs Sunderland.
They should have beaten many of the opponents which ended up in a draw, including the goons.

Moyes has consistently got the most out of his squad and in Fellani and Jelavic they have decent attacking players, and Jagielka, Baines and Howard are probably some of the most consistent performers, usually very solid at the back and difficult to break down.

I think we are going to miss Bale big time, Everton are the type of team you need someone to do something a bit special against to beat at home.

The perfect chance for someone like Siggy to step up and show what he can do.

Also if Dembele isn't special not sure what is

They should have beaten many of the opponents which ended up in a draw, including the goons.

Moyes has consistently got the most out of his squad and in Fellani and Jelavic they have decent attacking players, and Jagielka, Baines and Howard are probably some of the most consistent performers, usually very solid at the back and difficult to break down.

Still, they're there for the taking, no point going into the match thinking you've already lost. It's football anything can happen.

The perfect chance for someone like Siggy to step up and show what he can do.

Also if Dembele isn't special not sure what is
Pretty sure I didn't say Dembele wasn't special.
Just the more players you have that can really hurt teams, the better....obviously.

Pretty sure I didn't say Dembele wasn't special.
Just the more players you have that can really hurt teams, the better....obviously.

I know you didn't, you said we need "someone" special, and I'm saying we have someone special, more than just one player at that. We have the capacity to smash em, so lets do it.
COYS

yes but Dembele isn't the type to run past 3 players then drive it into the top corner is he?
I'm all for positive thinking but I dont think anyone is going to smash Everton at home.

It will be a tight game. If Defoe starts I can see him being isolated and getting frustrated until Ade comes off the bench to help him out setting him up for a 35 yard overhead Zlatan style bicycle kick.

I think we are very capable of beating them, if Norwich and Woolwich can get a draw there, not sure why we can't or do better.

We saw how well Ade and Defoe played against Woolwich (for 17 minutes). With Ade coming back I think there are plenty of positives.

Still, they're there for the taking, no point going into the match thinking you've already lost. It's football anything can happen.
Pessimism and cynicism is not so much a state of mind but a way of life, 30-odd years of supporting spurs has taught me well how to deal with abject misery and disappointment.

So as much as 'anything can happen', invariably and statistically it is usually the inevitable which happens.
Given we have used up our 'statistically unlikely event' on beating United away this season already, I can only really envisage a draw currently as the most likely outcome.

sorry, but hey on this occasion I suspect 'shit happens'.

Back
Top Bottom