The coolest football song ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Roosterfarian said:
Thelonious Filth said:
feel free mate, I've heard the Bob Marley rumour as well. I've also heard Michael Holding (legendary cricketer, now commentator) is a Spurs fan as well! Holding has the greatest voice of all time, go on youtube to check it out!

Thelonious you are right, I checked out Holding on You Tube. He has a great voice!

Now, if you could only explain cricket to a baffled American! Seriously though, that sport seems inscrutable. I can see some similarities to the American sport of baseball, but it seems confusing to the uninitiated.

I will try to start a thread on reggae soon. Would enjoy seeing You Tube clips of the favorite reggae songs from the forum members.

By the way, love the job that you and the other lads are doing with the Podcast. Keep up the great work!
I'm no expert on cricket, I think drwinston001 may know a lot more than I do.

The Bob Marley thing is a bit of a stretch to call him a full blown Yiddo, but he 100% followed Spurs. It all boils down to him being mad about Ossie Ardiles and, when visiting London 1 time, asking his manager to get him a Spurs shirt with Ossie's number on it.

Tottenham was a hotbed for West-Indian immigrants in the 70's and was renowned for it's underground Reggae scene. It was full of sound-systems like the famous Fatman HI-FI, Tippa Sound and, of course, Saxon.

As such there is quite a lot of Spurs fans in the reggae community. More recently, Deman Rockers of the Ragga Twins is a HUGE Spurs fan, having come off the infamous Broadwater Farm. Oddly, his brother and other half of the Ragga Twins, Flinty Badman, is a Liverpool fan, despite the fact that he actually used to play for Spurs youth (and Charlton I believe) before turning to his music career

Thelonious Filth said:
feel free mate, I've heard the Bob Marley rumour as well. I've also heard Michael Holding (legendary cricketer, now commentator) is a Spurs fan as well! Holding has the greatest voice of all time, go on youtube to check it out!
I could listen to Michael Holding all day

Thelonious Filth said:
Roosterfarian said:
Thelonious Filth said:

Thelonious you are right, I checked out Holding on You Tube. He has a great voice!

Now, if you could only explain cricket to a baffled American! Seriously though, that sport seems inscrutable. I can see some similarities to the American sport of baseball, but it seems confusing to the uninitiated.

I will try to start a thread on reggae soon. Would enjoy seeing You Tube clips of the favorite reggae songs from the forum members.

By the way, love the job that you and the other lads are doing with the Podcast. Keep up the great work!
I'm no expert on cricket, I think drwinston001 may know a lot more than I do.

Think again,there's an Indian on this forum. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom