The Carrick effect

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know ManU have signed Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, however I can't see them wanting to sell Carrick. They have finally woken up to how important he can be for them, and this season they'll be back in the Champions League. Schweinsteiger, like Carrick, has had some injury problems recently, so they can't fully rely on him.

Would love to see Carrick playing for us again, but I won't hold my breath.

I know ManU have signed Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, however I can't see them wanting to sell Carrick. They have finally woken up to how important he can be for them, and this season they'll be back in the Champions League. Schweinsteiger, like Carrick, has had some injury problems recently, so they can't fully rely on him.

Would love to see Carrick playing for us again, but I won't hold my breath.
I agree it won't be easy. But they also have players like Herrera and Fellaini and with his career coming to a close and the Euros in the summer it may be his last chance

Wouldn't be surprised to see Carrick as a centre back for ManU this season.
I think he'd thrive if he moved back down the pitch a bit.

Agree he could still do an important job for us. However, given that we play United first game of the season, I doubt they'd sell him to us before that, even if they were willing to sell him. they clearly aren't desperate to balance the books just yet (which surprises me with those asset stripping dwarfs from across the pond) so why risk him flying out of the traps against them with a point to prove whilst they are still gelling their new players?

If we can get him for a season do it; with such a young squad it makes sense to have older experienced players to shape players game.
We're also crying out for a player to link up play moving out from the defence, the amount of times we've watched full backs try and move the ball to the midfielder like BAE to Parker or Modric and end up failing and being caught with their pants down.

So, hypothetically ManU don't want to sell Carrick, I believe there would be another player out there (available too) who could have a similar effect....

Stoke-City-v-Leicester-City-Premier-League.jpg

Actually I was saying we should sign him when he was at Weak Ham.

Over to you sir.

Well I was saying it when he was still a 10 year-old at Wallsend Boys club
(I assume all Geordie kids who went on to have a career in professional football were obliged to go there? ...it's like SENRAB for ALL London footballers... you went there... even if you didn't!)

Well I was saying it when he was still a 10 year-old at Wallsend Boys club
(I assume all Geordie kids who went on to have a career in professional football were obliged to go there? ...it's like SENRAB for ALL London footballers... you went there... even if you didn't!)

I knew his parents. My nan is from the area.

I remember going to his christening and saying at the time the lad has the thighs of a decent cm and look at his eyes. He sees pictures. I wrote to the club and said Maybe Doug should keep an eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom