The Big Match

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Takes me back. A typical weekend during the season:

Saturday morning - play for the school
Saturday afternoon - Southern Amateur League against guys twice your size
Sunday morning - ringer for the local pub team
Sunday afternoon - Big Match (on a black and white telly that took about a minute to warm up)

Three games in a weekend and my poor mum with a mountain of washing (only posh people had washing machines in them days).

... and you tell that to the kids of today and they'll never believe you...

Takes me back. A typical weekend during the season:

Saturday morning - play for the school
Saturday afternoon - Southern Amateur League against guys twice your size
Sunday morning - ringer for the local pub team
Sunday afternoon - Big Match (on a black and white telly that took about a minute to warm up)

Three games in a weekend and my poor mum with a mountain of washing (only posh people had washing machines in them days).

... and you tell that to the kids of today and they'll ever believe you...

You missed out Friday night

Ten pints, a packet of fags, a takeaway and change from a fiver!

You missed out Friday night

Ten pints, a packet of fags, a takeaway and change from a fiver!
Was that spent on the hooker? A penny to tit her up, tuppence to look at her tuppence, thrupence to feel it, a shilling for a handy j, sixpence for a blowie, two Bob to lean her against a post and light her lamp, half a crown to get in the brown?

Found the dusty box and i think there are some missing but the garage is freezing so here is what i have. No idea how to manage this so can someone more cleverer than what i am please suggest a way? As i say i will donate anything to Robbo's charity. Jack's each i think is fair.

Tottenham Hotspur official review of the season 1989/90

Greavsies Spurs best of the 70’s forest 6-1, Woolwich 2-0 (x2) stoke 2-1, villa 3-1, chelshit 2-2

1981 FA Cup final including full replay

Tottenham Hotspur review of the season 1995-1996

Greatest ever Spurs team by Terry Venables dated 1989

Official history of Tottenham Hotspur 111 years

1961 FA Cup final

Tottenham Hotspur’s greatest FA Cup victories volume 2

Hotspur video nov 94 – feb 95

Greavsies Spurs 6 of the best from the 80’s Forest 3-0, Liverpool 2-0, Watford away 3-2, Liverpool away won 1-0, Newcastle 5-1, oxford 3-1

Tottenham league cup campaign inc final 1999 (has Campbell on the front so maybe offensive to younger unaccompanied children)

FA Cup final 1991 limited edition signed by Justin Edinburgh and some forest wanker

THFC review of the season 1994-1995

THFC 6 of the best 89-90 season

THFC review of the season 1996-97

Official Spurs ‘the match’ v Southampton may 5th 1990

THFC official history 1882-2001 double video

The very best of Tottenham Hotspur a decade of goals 1981-1991

The Glory Glory Nights Spurs in Europe – fuck me that was £24.95 in 1989! Has 50 games on and is 2 hours

FA Cup final 1982 inc full replay

The pain and the glory Tottenham Hotspur dated 1995

All are VHS and in good nick.

This was a great day. Argentinians, ticker tape, Hoddle and Taylor, 52k crowd, agro up and down High rd, Park lane and in the ground, atmosphere brilliant and a great football match. Only things that spoilt it were the cages and a fucking alsation ripping my strides.

I have over 40 VHS Spurs tapes if anyones interested. I even have 'the match' which was a Tottenham official recording of the game. I have Southampton and United at home at the end of the 89/90 season. Most are 1980's and some 1990's. I will dig them out later and list them on here so if anyone wants them let's say a fiver each which i will give to Graham Roberts' charity.
Stick them on YouTube I’ll donate to the charity on behalf of TFC Forum

Stick them on YouTube I’ll donate to the charity on behalf of TFC Forum

Nice idea.. I'd do the same but converting all those tapes; that's a seriously time consuming proposition... Tape length x 3 approx.

One of my first Tottenham Christmas presents was Greavsie’s “6 Of The Best” videos from the 1980s. It had that match, Watford away with the Hoddle chip and a few other decent ones. They’re almost like Bible stories to me. Forever locked in my mind as part of our culture and history. Love it.
I still have that video.....and a recorder to play it on!!!

I have over 40 VHS Spurs tapes if anyones interested. I even have 'the match' which was a Tottenham official recording of the game. I have Southampton and United at home at the end of the 89/90 season. Most are 1980's and some 1990's. I will dig them out later and list them on here so if anyone wants them let's say a fiver each which i will give to Graham Roberts' charity.
Bang em on eBay.

This was a great day. Argentinians, ticker tape, Hoddle and Taylor, 52k crowd, agro up and down High rd, Park lane and in the ground, atmosphere brilliant and a great football match. Only things that spoilt it were the cages and a fucking alsation ripping my strides.

Lest we forget. The single stairs up to the dressing rooms, both sides going up together. The tackles and the pitches. Earthier. But 52,000 on that afternoon in WHL and an incredible atmosphere. A very different football feast today but soon 62,000 in the NWHL and the single terrace. Goosebumps.

Watched that one like it was on right now :tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom