That Wembley feeling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice piece, I had a big attachment to the old Wembley, still scarred (physically) from my first visit as a 7 year old when falling down the concrete stairs on the way out (literally just as my dad said be careful and hold the railing these steps are dangerous) after watching Ole Olsen crowned world speedway champion back in 1971. Even watching the dogs on a Friday and the Wembley Lions race there on a Saturday was magical because this was the hallowed turf where we won the world cup. Most precious moment amongst many great memories was seeing Spurs there for the first time in 1981, and even at the new Wembley I still get goosebumps heading towards the stadium and will never tire of or fear going to the place.

Nice piece, I had a big attachment to the old Wembley, still scarred (physically) from my first visit as a 7 year old when falling down the concrete stairs on the way out (literally just as my dad said be careful and hold the railing these steps are dangerous) after watching Ole Olsen crowned world speedway champion back in 1971. Even watching the dogs on a Friday and the Wembley Lions race there on a Saturday was magical because this was the hallowed turf where we won the world cup. Most precious moment amongst many great memories was seeing Spurs there for the first time in 1981, and even at the new Wembley I still get goosebumps heading towards the stadium and will never tire of or fear going to the place.

The old place was magical, even if in reality it needed freshening up and the stands being moved close to the pitch.

The new one just feels so uncertain. It's what I fear most about new WHL, that it just won't fit right.

Back
Top Bottom