TFC's Tactical Autopsy Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Poch utilize Kane as a 9/10 hybrid like England? Son as Sterling, Lucas/Dele/Lamela as Rashford/Sancho?

I've been against it but if its a more effective Kane it may be worth trying a bit and hope that Kane gets back some of his old movement off the ball.

Should Poch utilize Kane as a 9/10 hybrid like England? Son as Sterling, Lucas/Dele/Lamela as Rashford/Sancho?

I've been against it but if its a more effective Kane it may be worth trying a bit and hope that Kane gets back some of his old movement off the ball.
This is one of the reasons I want to see us play a 4-3-3. I still want Kane as the center forward, but playing with two wide players up top (think of a combo of Son, Lucas, Dele, Lo Celso playing out wide with him) will allow him to drop a bit deeper and feed the wings. That in turn opens up space for him to make runs in and receive passes from the wider players. Firmino is so good in this role and I think Kane would be even better with his insane passing ability.

I'd at least give something like this a try...

Foyth-Sanchez-Jan-Davies
Lo Celso-Winks-Ndombele
-------Son-Kane-Dele-------

To be honest, Kane kind of plays a similar role for us anyway, he always been a "fulcrum" type of 9, who drops in and holds up, and he's developed this side of his game as he's matured.

We just need to switch to the 433 to get the best out of him and the other players we have.

This is a frighteningly damning statistic.

This measures the amount of passes made by teams in their opponents third and the amount they allow opponents to make in theirs. Obviously this isn't an exact correlation with success per se, but was you can see, it is generally a good indicator of the more successful teams in their respective leagues. We have a worse ratio (1.10 - make 135 allow 123) than teams like West Ham.

This is a frighteningly damning statistic.

This measures the amount of passes made by teams in their opponents third and the amount they allow opponents to make in theirs. Obviously this isn't an exact correlation with success per se, but was you can see, it is generally a good indicator of the more successful teams in their respective leagues. We have a worse ratio (1.10 - make 135 allow 123) than teams like West Ham.

...and yet you've got a problem with The Dong. :wansum:

fuck off with your 'disagree' RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK . It's me and bus-conductor bus-conductor 's fight He's being all goldilocks with his DM choice and impugning the dong's character so he can plump for Weigl.

iu

Do you not think Didier Ndong could be useful for us?
Sure as fuck could have been useful on a free last summer or January. But no Five, he wants another 'intelligent passer' since we will be 1 below our quota once CE leaves. And bus-conductor bus-conductor already crying his eyes out. BC loves to watch players that put in the yards so he can point to those stats. Of course those stats neglect the fact that if CE would have put in the challenge 70 yards ago he wouldn't have had to run so much.

You finish the Dijon-PSG game Five? Also, my BuLi links have gone shit?

Same. It's painful. I had to download BMG's game as a .rar file, and the picture quality is shite.
I had all the games for the last 2 weeks ready to go but now all the links are removed...even the fucking Russian ones. When did Russia start caring about copyright?

Do you not think Didier Ndong could be useful for us?

The trouble is, in our situation, it’s easy to say any fucker who can actually do basic busy cunt stuff would be useful, isn’t it?

I honestly haven’t watched loads of Ndong at Dijon or Guingamp last year, just bits and bobs, he’s robust and has got some ability but I don’t think he’s the most reliable character, and the point I made to Todd was that after getting relegated with Sunderland twice, he behaved like a cunt, they actually sacked him, and we do have our fair share of stupid twats already in our dressing room don’t we.

Right now, as a CM he could be useful, but that says more about us than him. Honestly, I think we can do better, on the pitch and off it.

As one of the biggest alcoholics I ever knew used to say, "Beggars can't be choosers, man."
BCs still playing him down. I think he is better than what he gives him credit for. And he sure brings more than any academy product we have that's currently 'ready'.

And along your lines of 'beggars' is exactly why this was proposed. 3 TWs gone and we still have the same need that's going unaddressed. for me, it better be one hell of a player we are waiting for and not some fucker whose going to get run around while he does his best Janssen impression in the MF.

And BC self-servingly left out the mitigating circumstances at Sunderland. He just hates athletic ability. It's unfair in his world.

While reading the piece about Sacramento (Joao Sacramento: Jose Mourinho's new No 2 at Tottenham Hotspur is a coaching prodigy shaped in Wales) that someone posted in the Mourinho thread it linked to this Interesting Little Piece on Tactical Periodisation:

I'm still not quite clear what it is after reading that

Back
Top Bottom