TFC - POTY nomination

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TFC POTY

• Alderweireld

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Eriksen

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Kane

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Llorente

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • Son

Votes: 65 63.7%
  • Vertonghen

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Winks

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
2018/19 season is coming to an end. We are just left with 5 games in the premier league and hopefully, another 4 more games to go in the CL.

Who do u think deserves to win the POTY award?

IMO, my own personal criteria for POTY are:

1) Determination
2) Perseverance
3) Contribution to team ( intangible- eg, team spirit, teamwork)
4) Contribution to team (tangible- assists, goals, intercepts, saves, blocks, key passes etc)

As such, Sissoko fit the bill very well.

His improvement is for all to see. This demonstrates grit and perseverance. When he plays, he gave the team an assurance in possession and out of possession.

To me, he will be a worthy winner of POTY. But Sonny is close though.

Son, but only because Harry has been injured so much
Then Harry - he's just a level up from all of the others
Then Sissoko, for massive improvement, dynamism, athleticism and making the most of the talents he has.

As much as I love Kane (has this year kit with his name on it), just feel that he hasn’t been the same player as he was previous years. Certainly injuries and the taxing WC run has taken its toll, but, in terms of contribution, I wouldn’t rank him highly compared to the other players.

Son, but only because Harry has been injured so much
Then Harry - he's just a level up from all of the others
Then Sissoko, for massive improvement, dynamism, athleticism and making the most of the talents he has.

As much as I love Kane (has this year kit with his name on it), just feel that he hasn’t been the same player as he was previous years. Certainly injuries and the taxing WC run has taken its toll, but, in terms of contribution, I wouldn’t rank him highly compared to the other players.
Is this the guy who's knocked in 17 goals, despite not being at his best and despite having been sidelined with injuries? Don't judge him by how much better he has been, judge him by his contribution to the team - in comparison with the other players. On that basis he's at the top, but Sons contribution at plugging the gaps left by Harry, and that he has stepped up a gear gets him my vote over Harry.

Son and Sissoko simply for his remarkably transformation from a turd into one of our most consistent players every single game

Back
Top Bottom