TFC Minibus/partybus thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think you have to be 21 and have at least one year's driving experience to rent a car and drive it in France (same as the U.K.). I'd be more than willing to drive down to Lyon and help out. Calais to Lyon is about 7 hours and Paris to Lyon is about four and a half? Doable. Personally I'd rather get the Eurotunnel to Paris and drive from there as it's a much more manageable journey and isn't that more expensive considering that you'd pay less petrol and there's a lot of people to share the bill. Thoughts?

The eurotunnel doesn't go to Paris. The eurostar does (no cars). Did you mean grt the eurostar to Paris and then hire a vehicle from there? Everyone would then have to purchase a rtn ticket to paris, not sure how that would be cheaper.?

As i said above hiring a mini bus driving to folkstene and getting the eurotunnel doesn't need to be arranged asap. Even after we all know we got match tickets.

Oh and for flyers i've been on many a snow trip via Lyon airport and in Feb its easy to spend a very long time there (if your outbound plane ever makes it)

Nice one, I'm from Ramsgate originally! Although I'm studying in Portsmouth at the mo. Are you going to Sunderland away?

Nah I am working that day, albeit in the evening but I don't fancy my chances of getting back in time.

I do actually live in Ramsgate, but apart from us 2 and any sheep lovers no one has probably ever heard of the place

The megabus is £27rtn (that is cheap), you still have the paris-lyon leg and that about £70rtn.

It does turn into a bit of a mission though........you'll have to do the overnight bus both ways, so back home Sat morning.
9hrs to Paris is ridiculous (get all the way to Lyon in that time)
I did the overnight Eurostar train to the Alps once, thought it would be great, it wasn't. :mong:

For approx £50 less imo it's not worth it. (the London-Lyon train takes 5hrs)

Of course if you are a soap dodging student then yall all good. :bae:

Back
Top Bottom