TFC Minibus/partybus thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I take it most of us live with 5/10 miles of North London? Maybe meet outside Kings X station?

Does anyone know what hire companies are like with regards to people bringing alchohol etc on board? And, for that matter, if you can do the same if you employ a driver?

I've gone to many away games on coach (non-league, never been to a spurs away game...yet) and we were always told not to drink as apparently it is illegal to drink alcohol on a public road, that didn't stop us and we never got caught and the bus driver didn't care much. So it's fine, but you do it at your own risk, just don't smash up the bus.

By the way I am so in

Bagsy not me!
I need to show you how rape works

25137840.jpg

How about a 10 hour drive to Lyon?

Take shifts!

South of France, get the cheese in son!

Yeah lets take this international (before we've even taken it national:))

Lyon easily do-able in 7/8 hours (f*ck knows what you're drivng eggsoakley:p), loads of options for the ferry (drinking off to a flyer) or euro tunnel (for speed).

Cheap hotels galore, etap, ibis etc.

This is a real easy one, with no sh*t airports and rip off airlines.

Get a VW Caravelle or Shuttle so we can get a wriggle on. WHO's IN?

Yeah lets take this international (before we've even taken it national:))

Lyon easily do-able in 7/8 hours (f*ck knows what you're drivng eggsoakley:p), loads of options for the ferry (drinking off to a flyer) or euro tunnel (for speed).

Cheap hotels galore, etap, ibis etc.

This is a real easy one, with no sh*t airports and rip off airlines.

Get a VW Caravelle or Shuttle so we can get a wriggle on. WHO's IN?
I'd be well up for it if we can manage something. I've got a driver's licence but I don't have an insured car at home - can I still drive? p.s. I'm 21

I'd be well up for it if we can manage something. I've got a driver's licence but I don't have an insured car at home - can I still drive? p.s. I'm 21

Either pay someone to drive/or take shifts amongst the drivers in the group (have to check on the ins situation)

Back of a knapkin.........

21 Feb - Lyon - 40,500 (tickets?)
500 miles folkstene - lyon
£300 bus hire (2days)
£220 gas
£100tolls
£80 ferry/tunnel
£40 hotel room (2prm)
£30 match ticket

£700/?
+
£50 hotel+ticket

That would turn it into a 2 nighter.....as i don't think anyone would want to drive back straight after the game.

probably leave early thursday.......back friday evening

good thing is there is plenty of time to plan it as we're not at the mercy of the airlines. Never much problem getting a ticket for the ferry (bet you'd recommend portsmouth:)) or tunnel.

Yeah I think that would be good. Trouble is my mate is pushing to get the train booked now in case the prices go up, but I really want to do the trip this way - would be much cheaper! I'm not sure what to do now. I could potentially get two more people to come on the trip with us. Even if we get seven then that's 70 quid each (rougly) which is cheaper than the train anyway. I can drive long distances if I'm able to (can I do so without having a car insured on home soil?) - I drove to Eastlands and back in the same day/night when we got fourth!

Think you have to be 21 and have at least one year's driving experience to rent a car and drive it in France (same as the U.K.). I'd be more than willing to drive down to Lyon and help out. Calais to Lyon is about 7 hours and Paris to Lyon is about four and a half? Doable. Personally I'd rather get the Eurotunnel to Paris and drive from there as it's a much more manageable journey and isn't that more expensive considering that you'd pay less petrol and there's a lot of people to share the bill. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom