Terry Venables

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a weird one, because the cynic in me says most of the players weren't even born when Venables was in charge... they never met the man, or were coached by him... if anything, it affects the fans way more... the emotion is from our memories of being there at the time...

all the players have to do is harness that emotion and win it for the fans... which is why nights like that always feel even more disappointing when we lose...

Most of the players would've probably had to Google Terry Venables, or have it explained to them by a senior member at the club... so I'm not expecting them to put on a show for him, that's up to us, by observing the minutes' silence/applause immaculately, and singing the songs that remember him with added gusto...
we most definitely did our bit....

I remember when Matthew Harding died, and we played Chelsea in the next game, and they beat us... but that was probably 'cos he was their Chairman/Owner at the time, and they all did it for him...

I wonder what the result will be the game after Joe Lewis eventually dies... doesn't bear thinking about!!
Ha re Joe Lewis.

Yeah- I don’t think they’d have a clue or really care who El Tel was for example but the wave of emotion that must hit them from 60k people feels like it gets to them. I guess they’ve said it helps when we’re behind them and geeing them up so I don’t know why I’m surprised that they’d be adversely affected by our downs too!

Back
Top Bottom