"Tempo" in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Not sure how many will be familiar with Davspurs ramblings on DML :harryblow: , does my head in to read them but he's consistently raised "tempo" as reasons some teams appear fitter.

Just wondered if anyone else thought the same? With the amount of money involved in football these days, most clubs probably have a stop at nothing approach to winning.

For instance any difference between doping and say what Carroll did when Mendes' shot crossed the line. Amounts to cheating however you look at it.

Saw this mentioned on the Episode 13 discussion ideas - was it talked about??

Is Tempo a new type of drug, you know, like Cake?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwylBRucU7w[/youtube]

I think he's talking about some drugs,

however I think he has failed to listen to the verve, as we all know the drugs don't work.

I have started reading about the tour de france, (its a sport i had no idea about or interest in, and its quite interesting reading about the level of doping in the sport, and how there is so many ways round the tests,)

the main thing from the book i have taken so far, is its the poor/not very good riders that get caught cos they cant afford the research and doctors and new methods to stop getting caught, so it would reason that lower leagues around the world would get caught in football, but no so i dont believe its rife in football at all

Yeah it is perfomance enhancing drugs, I think mainly Ephedrine he refers to, which is a stimulant similar to amphetamines, so raises energy levels.

It's also used in diet pills, appetite suppressants etc. Point in case who he mentions a lot was Koule Toure recently, who took his wife's diet pills.

I'm to cynical to think that there's no drugs involved in top level football, Davspurs argument is that a lot of clubs use it - but Spurs don't.

I don't really know enough about banned drugs and their effects to really comment, in a team sport it's difficult to really say. When you start seeing footballers die aged 40 of heart attacks like WWE wrestlers then I think you'll have to worry.

from this book, they say now the most common drugs to be used is EPOS, which thickens the blood with red blood cells, and can be limited that well, ( cycling the limit is 50) so many go up to the limit with the natural average closer to 30. Red blood cells carry the oxygen, which in turn allow you to go for longer.

this thickened blood leads to lots of death during sleep as the heart struggles to pump it round, so this leads to athletes having to set alarms during the night, to do some exercise to get it pumping round the body again

In the same line of thought, and very hard to detect is too bank blood, which means you take a few litres of your own blood during down time, and transfuse it back into your body for the event, which means more blood to carry oxygen, this has been detected when people use other peoples blood, which is easier to detect.

not sure it is rife in football, but this is what i read from aforementioned book, so thought i would share

SpursUltra said:
Not sure how many will be familiar with Davspurs ramblings on DML :harryblow: , does my head in to read them but he's consistently raised "tempo" as reasons some teams appear fitter.

Just wondered if anyone else thought the same? With the amount of money involved in football these days, most clubs probably have a stop at nothing approach to winning.

For instance any difference between doping and say what Carroll did when Mendes' shot crossed the line. Amounts to cheating however you look at it.

Saw this mentioned on the Episode 13 discussion ideas - was it talked about??
http://www.dearmrlevy.com/dml/2010/3/11 ... 37-34.html :whistle:

That is the first time I have read that blog post/comments (only started reading DML last summer)...

... it is pure comedy gold :crouch:

Careful – speak of the devil and he (she?*) shall appear.

*What was the outcome of the gender thing? Didn't he come back later and say he was actually a he? Anyone remember? It gives me a headache.

Back
Top Bottom