Teamwork

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sitting here looking at our squad, and the usual enthusiasm and belief of winning the title this season is here and booming.

Suddenly it's overtaken by a stupendous thought. Bloody hell, this REALLY is a good squad. These might not be rose-tinted specs for a change. We might actually bloody well do it, not because other teams implode and fuck up, but because we are actually good enough.

How the fuck did that happen?

I think it is down to teamwork. Not the usual teamwork, but a different, more important team. The team that runs THFC. Levy takes some credit for assembling this team, but if you are a Levy hater you can be happy, because you can now give the credit to somebody else, whether it is AVB for the playing style, Baldini for the recruiting, Steffen for exciting the lads, Ramsay for producing wonderkids, or even Donna Cullen for raising our profile. Maybe even one of the back room boys whose names we dont know.

And that's the whole point - we are truly a team and is it the first time ever that you have seen teamwork to this extent in the EPL? OWF, for all his brilliance, was a one man band with helpers. At THFC we truly seem to be developing a Staff, where one man is no longer important. This is what I mean by teamwork. And that is so brilliant, for it means that we are building something for the truly long term.

Has there been another club run so professionally?

When you look at others who were around our level not so long ago, it does make me feel happy about ENIC and Levy. Im a huge fanboy.

Blackburn, Villa are a few examples of clubs that have gone down the pan who were once on a par.

Newcastle too. They should really be where we are given the size of their stadium and the fact they are a one club city. luckily the are run by morons

I am more thinking of clubs above us, who tend to be run by one person rather than a team, and I am enthusiastic about the way a really good team, irrespective of the personnel, is beginning to show the potential to overtake the one man bands.

Will Manure continue as a one man band under Moyes, or will it become more of a team? I think Shitty is becoming team led, but Chavs are back to one man band and Wenger operates as if he is one man band with a hand tied behind his back...

We are standing on the cusp of acheiving great things, positivity is a game changer and the supporters are a big part of this.

Back
Top Bottom