Team vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello Gents.

So we play the dippers this weekend, Whats your team?

---------------Friedel
Walker - Kaboul - King - BAE
GDS - Parker - Modric - Bale
------------Defoe - Ade

While GDS really needs to lose the chip on his shoulder, putting him in the first team may go someway to resolving his attitude, worth a shot? Also I would start Gomes......but Redknapp hates him. So Friedel it is.

What say you?

How in the name of Zeus did I miss the giant Tottenham vs Liverpool thread.....my bad.

No I cant see it either....but its a dream, he has the potential, Also I think kranjcar works best as a SS rather than a winger.

I will never get what people see in Gio. He does it for Mexico, but he's not good enough for the Premier League let alone Tottenham. I had hoped those bleating on about him would quieten down after how useless he looked last night, but seems not. I would take a fit Lennon over him every day of the week.

As for VDV. As we're at home I'd rather as play 4-4-2 and have a go, and as he's returning from injury don't risk it - put him on the bench, he's fit enough bring him on later. Away from home there is going to be plenty of games where 4-5-1 / 4-4-1-1 will simply be the best formation for us.

The trouble with Gio is that its obvious he COULD produce the goods, but his ego is so massive. I dont mind either way if he stays or goes.....prob best to give him a run in the carling or something

Where to play him is also a problem - wide right and he just cuts in all the time. He aint gonna get a game at LW, he isnt really a winger anyway. So, really, you need to drop a striker to play him (like VDV) and lets be honest, he isnt anywhere near as good as VDV is he?

SpursFTW! said:
The trouble with Gio is that its obvious he COULD produce the goods, but his ego is so massive. I dont mind either way if he stays or goes.....prob best to give him a run in the carling or something

Jenas *could* produce the goods - but fortunately its finally been realised he is deadwood.

The young Spanish lad Falque looked good in flashes against POAK and will improve playing with better players,but thinkin the team will be unchanged unless Rafa proves his fitness,IF Rafa is fit then it will be interesting to see what wobbly chops goes with 4-2-3-1???

What a blast from the past.
Was a good side. Great midfield with Lennon on the right and Bale left, Parker was superb for a while and Modric was Modric

Corluka absolute class too, obv King stellar and BAE was in good form too. Imagine Kane and Son instead of Ade/Defoe

Remembering a time where we had the following array of talent at "attacking midfield":

Van der Vaart
Modric
Bale
Lennon
Kranjcar
Dos Santos
Pienaar?

I miss the days when we won nothing but were fun to watch, much better than winning nothing and being shit to watch...

I commented on a reddit post the other day (I know, right there was my first mistake...) asking whether 3 atb was always an attacking formation and said "not if you've tried watching Spurs" and some nonce chirped up to say "Spurs have one of the highest scoring teams under Conte..."

Alright you fucking stats nerd, have you tried watching us though??? Not so great watching all those goals fly in whilst your fucking eyes are bleeding from boredom is it!

Remembering a time where we had the following array of talent at "attacking midfield":

Van der Vaart
Modric
Bale
Lennon
Kranjcar
Dos Santos
Pienaar?

I miss the days when we won nothing but were fun to watch, much better than winning nothing and being shit to watch...

I commented on a reddit post the other day (I know, right there was my first mistake...) asking whether 3 atb was always an attacking formation and said "not if you've tried watching Spurs" and some nonce chirped up to say "Spurs have one of the highest scoring teams under Conte..."

Alright you fucking stats nerd, have you tried watching us though??? Not so great watching all those goals fly in whilst your fucking eyes are bleeding from boredom is it!

More recently we had Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Llorente....

Even now we have Kane, Son, Kulu, Rich, Lucas, Danjuma, Perisic, Gil

It's what you do with them that goes a long way.......

Last edited:

Even now we have Kane, Son, Kulu, Rich, Danjuma, Perisic, Gil

None of that last group really play in the middle third

We have the Danish Warrior as central playmaker

None of that last group really play in the middle third

We have the Danish Warrior as central playmaker

Well we play system that has a 3 man front line rather than a lone front man...... call them attackers, call them AMs, call them strikers like I said it's what you do with them that counts

Even now we have Kane, Son, Kulu, Rich, Danjuma, Perisic, Gil

You can list them like that and it seems as though we're stacked on numbers alone...

But Gil has been ostracised, Perisic is the Ghost of Perisic Past (as well as nominally being our lwb as opposed to an attacking midfielder), Danjuma's just here for an extended Stadium Tour/maybe a cheeky bit of Karting, Kane is a striker etc...

I'm just yearning for the days of a pure attacking midfielder, sure maybe I included Lennon/Bale slightly disingenuously, and GDS was never anything more than an exotic name... but still.

Modric, VDV, Kranjcar and even Pienaar.

Bentley was probably still on the books too...

:bentley:

As opposed to what in today's squad? In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king, either of Niko or Pienaar would be our most creative midfielder today by virtue of being our only creative midfielder!

Also when you look beyond my initial list, we still had strikers on top of that!

Back
Top Bottom