Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I expect from ALL players: Professionalism, commitment & hard work.
Pricetag: Breeds anticipation of quality.
There’s a legitimate expectation that a multi million pound, in demand player, is actually going to butter the parsnips though.
For whatever reason, we aren’t getting anything like what we paid for. And I do feel for the lad. Big expectations weigh heavy. I so want him to do well with us but I just don’t get the vibe that he’s 100% fit, healthy or committed.

Let him get fit then judge him. I think that's fair for everyone. People are inferring a lot from a little.

There's a reason why he was linked with basically every club in Europe for last season.

I've been given him the benefit up till now, I've always said that if he can get fit he clearly has some talent.

If he doesn't have the right mentality though then it really doesn't matter.

Tonnes of ability, but doesn't put the graft in. Winksy was back and forward all game while he ambled around.

Only looks interested in attacking and making himself look good with his little touches and flicks...very talented, but that's not enough at half that money.

Currently sauntering about like a midfield version of silky Adel who wasted away his talent.

The way I see it is quite simply if the likes of Ndombele and Dele were as good as people say they are, then we would be that little bit better than we actually are.

So sick of this nonsense....did someone actually use the words Ndombele and Contribute in one sentence?
To what? The pie shop?

Last edited:
Tonnes of ability, but doesn't put the graft in. Winksy was back and forward all game while he ambled around.

Only looks interested in attacking and making himself look good with his little touches and flicks...very talented, but that's not enough at half that money.

Currently sauntering about like a midfield version of silky Adel who wasted away his talent.

Under the right manager he could psychologically mature and fulfil his potential.

Unfortunately I can also see him going the other way to be honest.

I really want this guy to succeed and I see the potential player that he could become, but how the actual fuck is he still not fit yet. How long are we going to be talking about this for? It's like he's had a whole season out of the game before coming to us.

The way I see it is quite simply if the likes of Ndombele and Dele were as good as people say they are, then we would be that little bit better than we actually are.

So sick of this nonsense....did someone actually use the words Ndombele and Contribute in one sentence?
To what? The pie shop?
Pretty sure him living with Sissoko is a bad combination.

I hate being negative about players, especially newbies, as they do need time to settle. But the signs so far are not good. He does need to show that he gives a toss, which has not yet been in evidence, in my eyes.
Still early days, so hope he can show what he is capable of and worth the huge chunk of our transfer funds we spent buying him.

I hate being negative about players, especially newbies, as they do need time to settle. But the signs so far are not good. He does need to show that he gives a toss, which has not yet been in evidence, in my eyes.
Still early days, so hope he can show what he is capable of and worth the huge chunk of our transfer funds we spent buying him.
Very much so, I have said before this guy looks like he could be the new Yaya Toure, but it’s just not happening.
Just be thankful GLC is looking like a very good addition to the squad recently. Him, a fit Ndombele and a genuine DM would be a great combination.
I must admit also I was a bit surprised Dier didn’t feature at all today.

Last edited:
What I’m waiting to see from him is that first big tackle. When I see him really crunch someone I will be convinced that he can make it, because on the ball he has great skill. When he has to win it back, he is soft as shit, either walking around or going in limply and falling over. Dembele was not afraid to murder someone if it meant winning the ball. There is such a clear difference in appetite between Ndombele and Lo Celso when it comes to that side of the game.

I don’t like “technical“ players who wait for others to win the ball back for them and who walk around when we lose the ball.

Let him get fit then judge him. I think that's fair for everyone. People are inferring a lot from a little.

There's a reason why he was linked with basically every club in Europe for last season.

and there’s a reason why virtually no one went for him except us. They done their homework and we based it off one brilliant game against Man City

The big question is do you clueless fuckers want Tanguy to become a goat with us or do you want to watch him do it at another team and have guilty voyeur wanks?
Because either way he's destined for greatness.

hahaha you are the clueless one. What the fuck are you seeing that we aren’t? I guarantee he will be back playing in France in another 2 years. Hasn’t got the heart for it. Talent only gets you so far.

Very much so, I have said before this guy looks like he could be the new Yaya Toure, but it’s just not happening.
Just be thankful GLC is looking like a very good addition to the squad recently. Him, a fit Ndombele and a genuine DM would be a great combination.
I must admit also I was a bit surprised Dier didn’t feature at all today.

Just to manage your expectations regarding the Yaya Toure thought process. At Tanguy's current age, Yaya Toure was playing for Olympiacos. From there he would sign for Monaco, Barcelona and then onto Man City where he finally found his feet. When Yaya was Tanguy's age of singing for Spurs (22) he played for Metalurh Donetsk, a club I have literally never heard of:

We forget how young Tanguy is compared to when other players peaked. The lad deserves time.

Last edited:

To what? The pie shop?
Bang on.

Ndombele deserves a fucking kick up the arse for how he’s contributing. He was awful today (again) and across the season he has done nowhere near enough.

Dele. Basically whatever. Been years since the guy looked world class.

Back
Top Bottom