Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The he's overweight drivel has been done to death, he is not just injured and consequently unfit. Sooner we get him integrated the better.
Ben Davies was out for over 3 months

played 2 90s. Looks fit as a fiddle

what’s up with this guys fitness ???

and it’s not asked mockingly I’m genuinely confused why we are talking about a young professional footballer struggling to last 90mins

and it’s more from frustration cos I think the bloke can be an absolute superstar

It’s because he knows he can. Be marked or closed down makes no odds. He’s got the body movement to send them away from where he’ll push the ball

basically he’s confident he won’t get tackled

of course like the previous maestro Dombele

Ben Davies was out for over 3 months

played 2 90s. Looks fit as a fiddle

what’s up with this guys fitness ???

and it’s not asked mockingly I’m genuinely confused why we are talking about a young professional footballer struggling to last 90mins

and it’s more from frustration cos I think the bloke can be an absolute superstar
Your question may be in good faith but you base it on an inherently flawed premise. Comparing Ben and Tanguy's recovery from, totally different injuries, with no quarter given to their body types (Ectomorphic versus Endomorphic) age and experience is very problematic. Put simply people are different. He is adjusting to a new league and culture on and off the pitch, he's never had injury issues before , he was able to boss EPL teams whilst at Lyon: if you had to ask me to guess, he has been mismanaged. The patented Poch preseason did him way more harm than good. The injury then got in his head and he lost confidence in a body he hither to took for granted. He will come good im very confident, but we made alot of our own problems with him. I do worry about some of the strategic sporting stuff around Spurs. A D.O.F would really help.

Your question may be in good faith but you base it on an inherently flawed premise. Comparing Ben and Tanguy's recovery from, totally different injuries, with no quarter given to their body types (Ectomorphic versus Endomorphic) age and experience is very problematic. Put simply people are different. He is adjusting to a new league and culture on and off the pitch, he's never had injury issues before , he was able to boss EPL teams whilst at Lyon: if you had to ask me to guess, he has been mismanaged. The patented Poch preseason did him way more harm than good. The injury then got in his head and he lost confidence in a body he hither to took for granted. He will come good im very confident, but we made alot of our own problems with him. I do worry about some of the strategic sporting stuff around Spurs. A D.O.F would really help.
Ok of course your quite right I didn’t apply any real scientific approach. I was going for the more laymen’s reasoning in that

to be a professional footballer one has to have a certain baseline of fitness .... regardless of whether one is an ape positive ectomorph or other

now whilst appreciating we are all different it remains a reasonable question because what is going on is unusual

a footballer that played all last year
Got a preseason (we believe)
And has picked up minor knocks

suddenly can’t last a full 90 mins

now Ben maybe the best example and Tanguy the worst example of body types (who knows). But the difference is enormous and it remains perfectly acceptable to question why he can’t get fit

Ok of course your quite right I didn’t apply any real scientific approach. I was going for the more laymen’s reasoning in that

to be a professional footballer one has to have a certain baseline of fitness .... regardless of whether one is an ape positive ectomorph or other

now whilst appreciating we are all different it remains a reasonable question because what is going on is unusual

a footballer that played all last year
Got a preseason (we believe)
And has picked up minor knocks

suddenly can’t last a full 90 mins

now Ben maybe the best example and Tanguy the worst example of body types (who knows). But the difference is enormous and it remains perfectly acceptable to question why he can’t get fit
I think I did answer your question. You just kind of repeated it....

One thing I will say .... he’s all action on the ball. The body movements the short sharp faints. The footwork

this is an energy sapping style of play

on the ball he goes all sonic the hedgehog mode

Mixed in with his gait and explosive power, it'll take its toll.

Mixed in with his gait and explosive power, it'll take its toll.
All action style
Explosive power
Poor running action
(Possibly a history of not taking in the food)

at the highest level this can add up

Tanguy might actually have to go over and above even the best conditioning to allow for these handicaps

Back
Top Bottom