Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering that Toby and Eriksen have refused multiple offers on the table, no it's not really surprising.
Fair point, I guess what I should’ve said is that when you think what some of their peers are on, at far “lesser” teams, it’s remarkable that they’re still on what they’re on (and what they would’ve started on, I guess).

If it’s cash they’re after and we’re not offering enough, why are they still here.

Fair point, I guess what I should’ve said is that when you think what some of their peers are on, at far “lesser” teams, it’s remarkable that they’re still on what they’re on (and what they would’ve started on, I guess).

If it’s cash they’re after and we’re not offering enough, why are they still here.

Players sign 4-5 year contracts which are good at the time. We probably still had a 100k wage cap around the times they signed.

Ultimately the contract value and length is presented to them, and they sign it. Can't have too much sympathy.

Players sign 4-5 year contracts which are good at the time. We probably still had a 100k wage cap around the times they signed.

Ultimately the contract value and length is presented to them, and they sign it. Can't have too much sympathy.
I don’t have any sympathy, trust me, it just surprises me, that cloggers at West Ham are probably earning double some of our best players. That’s all.

Doesn't seem quite to the levels of ''Poch fitness''. But it'll come.

Technically though, looks as fantastic as expected. His passing looks excellent.

He's good now, but come October and at peak fitness, this boy is going to be a phenom.

Is this lad really on 200k per week?
I guess Levy got scared of all the 'pay what they want' people around or something.

Well his agent will certainly have had a lot of leverage with the fee we paid for him.

I am a little dubious though. 200k a week doesn't give us much wiggle room when it comes to pushing for a contract renewal if he is a success at Spurs.

Side note: I can only imagine that Lucas figure of 80k a week is out of date. His new contract must have bumped him up to 100k+, surely?

Well his agent will certainly have had a lot of leverage with the fee we paid for him.

I am a little dubious though. 200k a week doesn't give us much wiggle room when it comes to pushing for a contract renewal if he is a success at Spurs.

Side note: I can only imagine that Lucas figure of 80k a week is out of date. His new contract must have bumped him up to 100k+, surely?
I'd say it's pretty certain he is on 200k tbh. The guy was arguably the most wanted midfield talent in world football after Frenkie de Jong, so we needed to push the boat out to get him.
I know we all want to believe he came to Spurs because he was immediately taken by our charm or whatnot, but the financial package we offered him was probably one of the biggest reasons, so big probs to Levy for that.

I'd say it's pretty certain he is on 200k tbh. The guy was arguably the most wanted midfield talent in world football after Frenkie de Jong, so we needed to push the boat out to get him.
I know we all want to believe he came to Spurs because he was immediately taken by our charm or whatnot, but the financial package we offered him was probably one of the biggest reasons, so big probs to Levy for that.
No chance he's on max contract. Leaves little room for contract growth and he won't be on the same as Kane.

Somewhere in the mid to low 100's.

Off the ball, he's been bang average in both games. Hopefully it's just him, a new team, a new league and a new system.

However, on the ball, he's exceptional.

Back
Top Bottom