Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Important to remember he's still 22 coming into a terrible situation.

Showed some great flashes this season, but is too much of a defensive liability at this point. Needs to play with true proper CDM or in a more advanced role

He looks to have slimmed down a bit in the back to training video the club just posted.

Maybe he is struggling with adapting to English food/food culture? It wouldn't be the first time a foreign player has had that struggle.

for me he just looks so absolutely lost in the system that i cannot make any reasonable assessment of him. I use the word system lightly because i'm not sure that there is one. They neither press with the forwards or retreat and fill the space/track players. In the last two games Brighton/Munich players could have wandered blindfolded into space between the lines. I have no idea wtf they're doing in training but the whole thing is a fucking mess.

He can run, he's just got a really odd, kind of leaning forwards - arse out, running style. But he's never been a busy cunt. But in this league, he's going to have learn to be a bit busier.
I read some quotes from him yesterday where he said he has been told to be less nonchalant.

I think he needs to be taught how to run properly. His technique is shocking.

Maybe he is struggling with adapting to English food/food culture?

After all, it is an acquired skill, not being a fat cunt...

If an average bloke knows how to eat properly and cook, there's no reason a millionaire shouldn't. He could hire a personal chef and nutritionist and not even notice the money gone.

It's what makes me chuckle when I read stories about "Dele hires nutritionist", really? You're a professional athlete and you don't know how to treat your body?

Nonchalant is the right word for his demeanor. I am not asking for a King or a Dawson out there, but I would like to see him show some emotion and get involved.

It is clear he isn’t going to settle into a CM2 role unless he has a true DM there next to him. With our current squad, which lacks engagemenf from proper FB play, he will have to continue to cover a lot of ground in the middle of the pitch. Even if we get Lo Celso, Winks, and Ndombele in a CM3, I have a feeling we will still wondering if he can cover the ground.

We need to get him the ball as much as possible- he is a fucking machine at creating chances and advancing play. We do need a dynamic CDM alongside him though as he is not going to be able to perform that role.

Our attack and midfield is so poor right now though I don't want to imagine playing without him in CM. He's a talent worth building around.

Nonchalance
It's practically impossible to change a running style, I've heard actual runners do it but all they do is run (not focus on opposition, ball and teammates etc) and that's primarily in a straight line and dependant on their event they run to pace too, so all quite controllable to a degree.

Kane is a classic example of a "unique" running style, no knee lift and a flat gate makes him look slower than he really is, I'd maintain that's why the world of football watchers thought he was shit (it's taken me 4yrs to get used to him running and I can now officially say I'm assimilated and no longer question what I'm watching).

Same with Sterling to a degree but the opposite to Kane he has a small gate, tiny feet and T-Rex arms, just looks very weird but at least does give the impression of some kind of industry is happening.

Ledley King ran with a back straight as a board just looked odd.

Ya Ya Toure is possibly the most similar to Ndombele in running style, without the pronounced 50 degrees lean. I think we need to focus on his ability on the ball which is really good. He absolutely needs to get up to speed in general fitness and he's at the right club to do that. I would like to see him do more off the ball, just not sure that's in his game or that we are still quite shit without the ball in midfield (probably both). Some balance might be struck with Lo Celso, I profess to not having watched him at all prior to arriving but from what I've read and his cameo appearance before getting injured he looks like the player that can provide the "business".

It's practically impossible to change a running style, I've heard actual runners do it but all they do is run (not focus on opposition, ball and teammates etc) and that's primarily in a straight line and dependant on their event they run to pace too, so all quite controllable to a degree.

Kane is a classic example of a "unique" running style, no knee lift and a flat gate makes him look slower than he really is, I'd maintain that's why the world of football watchers thought he was shit (it's taken me 4yrs to get used to him running and I can now officially say I'm assimilated and no longer question what I'm watching).

Same with Sterling to a degree but the opposite to Kane he has a small gate, tiny feet and T-Rex arms, just looks very weird but at least does give the impression of some kind of industry is happening.

Ledley King ran with a back straight as a board just looked odd.

Ya Ya Toure is possibly the most similar to Ndombele in running style, without the pronounced 50 degrees lean. I think we need to focus on his ability on the ball which is really good. He absolutely needs to get up to speed in general fitness and he's at the right club to do that. I would like to see him do more off the ball, just not sure that's in his game or that we are still quite shit without the ball in midfield (probably both). Some balance might be struck with Lo Celso, I profess to not having watched him at all prior to arriving but from what I've read and his cameo appearance before getting injured he looks like the player that can provide the "business".

I've never been able to keep a straight face while watching him run. That arm flapping is fucking hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom