Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was the best player on the pitch in the first half, absolutely fantastic. His passing is seriously off the charts. Sure he's not a destroyer of a CDM but he definitely wins balls back in the middle of the pitch. His fitness will continue building but he's a gem of a player from what I've seen.

Poch took him off for a reason. Goes on the missing list every single game and does not track back.

Fatigued to smitherens. Watch him as he comes off in games.

They have been destroyed, by Poch's bad habits escalating.

The reason none of them could stay switched on = fatigue. In the body so the mind...

He doesn't look fit, does he? Got some lovely touches but not a 90 minute player, as yet. Trouble is, don't know if we have the luxury of giving him the time he may need to get up to speed, so to speak.

He’s not been any better than Sissoko outside of his two goals.

Sissoko not capable of playing some of those passes in opening 30mins last night.

I don’t think anyone is saying Tanguy is “ripping it up” - but there is definitely signs of high quality.

We’ve invested heavily in him, but now need a formation to get the best out of him. Currently I’m seeing it as Tanguy or Winks as I think we need a proper DM. Eric Dier from 2016 would be nice.... but as he isn’t available, we either need players to play roles they’re not 100 percent suited to or a new way of playing until we get those players in.

He doesn't look fit, does he? Got some lovely touches but not a 90 minute player, as yet. Trouble is, don't know if we have the luxury of giving him the time he may need to get up to speed, so to speak.

I'd be starting him every game Mrs P and subbing him after 60 minutes for Sissoko or a different option like Dier depending on the games need.

He looks lovely little player that can cause issues for teams but he needs looking after as he gets used to the intensity of this league.

I'd be starting him every game Mrs P and subbing him after 60 minutes for Sissoko or a different option like Dier depending on the games need.

He looks lovely little player that can cause issues for teams but he needs looking after as he gets used to the intensity of this league.

The game is 90mins. But this doesn’t mean everyone has to play 90.

Agree, if Tanguy can run a game for 60 - let him do it.

Same with attackers - some players are just more suited to playing last 20 against a tiring defence, so why not use them this way?

Other sports have this mindset.

The best baseball pitchers are the “closers” who do the final innings or two.

NFL have different teams whether they attack or defend.

Cricket has opening bowlers, partnership breakers, wicket takers, control bowlers.

Different roles for different players depending on what is required.

He was one of our best players yesterday until he ran out of breath in the second half and got sloppy. He ran the show for us in the first half with ease.

People are right to point out his flaws (not fit for 90 minutes yet, lack of defensive work. But anyone who had watched him in France knew about that). But to ignore what he contributes with is being ignorant to what role he plays in the squad. He is not a DM, his role is a combination of Dembele and Modric's.

He'll grow into it.

He was one of our best players yesterday until he ran out of breath in the second half and got sloppy. He ran the show for us in the first half with ease.

People are right to point out his flaws (not fit for 90 minutes yet, lack of defensive work. But anyone who had watched him in France knew about that). But to ignore what he contributes with is being ignorant to what role he plays in the squad. He is not a DM, his role is a combination of Dembele and Modric's.

He'll grow into it.

I don't think the yellow card just before half time did him any favours. It meant his game had to change slightly or he got sent off. Right call subbing him, wrong call not shoring things up but then again we were at one stage chasing 3 goals. It happens

I don't think the yellow card just before half time did him any favours. It meant his game had to change slightly or he got sent off. Right call subbing him, wrong call not shoring things up but then again we were at one stage chasing 3 goals. It happens
Subbing him was definitely the right call. He was huffing and puffing and getting sloppy and as you said was on a yellow.

I don’t think anyone is saying Tanguy is “ripping it up” - but there is definitely signs of high quality.

We’ve invested heavily in him, but now need a formation to get the best out of him. Currently I’m seeing it as Tanguy or Winks as I think we need a proper DM. Eric Dier from 2016 would be nice.... but as he isn’t available, we either need players to play roles they’re not 100 percent suited to or a new way of playing until we get those players in.
I’m not doubting he has a skill set or blaming him.

No one can breathe in this team

Got to remember that they had to run their arses off on Saturday as a 10 man unit after Aurier's brain fart. That must've had a knock-on effect as far as endurance goes.

I watched the game back earlier and we were decent for quite a large part and put in a lot of effort which makes that switch off in the last 20 all the more galling. If they want to make this right then it's going to have to be hell-for-leather clinical vengeance on Bayern's turf because they'll be putting more goals into our net.

Dude was angry sitting on that bench, but he did himself no favors on the pitch.

I don’t think we have rolled out the team that will get the best out of him, but I am not the hugest fan of his energy levels.

For being such a great on the ball player, he really doesn’t like getting involved. He had to be on the ball today with Dier sitting there and he was no where to found

Back
Top Bottom