Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The capitulation had started before that. Ndombele was excellent first half and is going to be one of the world's best soon, but he was completely and utterly out of gas. His fitness is still nowhere near good enough for how much running Poch requires from his central midfielders.
Sorry mate but I don't think anyone in this side looks particularly fit to me, they all look completely fucked after half an hour. Poch playing this stupid diamond formation is requiring both ndombele and sissoko to do way too much, they have to cover the oppo attacking full backs, whilst making sure we aren't exposed in the middle.

How do you think he did for the goal just before half time?
Really poor tbf. Turned far too easily and gave up.
Sorry mate but I don't think anyone in this side looks particularly fit to me, they all look completely fucked after half an hour. Poch playing this stupid diamond formation is requiring both ndombele and sissoko to do way too much, they have to cover the oppo attacking full backs, whilst making sure we aren't exposed in the middle.
I'd agree tbh mate. I don't know whether it's a lack of fitness or just a lack of desire from our players to run as hard as they are required to in Pochs system/philosophy.

The midfield three today covered heaps of ground. It was very disjointed and didn't help to have two FBs that were outclassed in their battles.

The best midfielders ever to grace the pitch would be gassed every week in our shitty diamond. There is so much running for midfielders
To be honest the first thing all Lyon supporters I've spoken to have said about Ndombele was that he has extremely poor stamina and never quite manages to work a full 90 well.

He is going to be a beast once he can get his fitness up to speed, so much potential in him because he is so positive every time he picks up the ball he wants to go forward. I really think a Winks-Ndombele or Dier-Ndombele midfield would provide great balance but unfortunately we are sticking with this diamond for whatever reason.

He is going to be a beast once he can get his fitness up to speed, so much potential in him because he is so positive every time he picks up the ball he wants to go forward. I really think a Winks-Ndombele or Dier-Ndombele midfield would provide great balance but unfortunately we are sticking with this diamond for whatever reason.

We played with a Winks Ndombele midfield against City and although we tied, it was pretty hard to watch.

Ndombele for all his skill is clearly not a combative player that wants to sit deep and help the defense. He is so agile and swift in his movements that it is a beauty to watch, but I hope he can quickly build up his endurance because he was done after 35 minutes or so.

We played with a Winks Ndombele midfield against City and although we tied, it was pretty hard to watch.

Ndombele for all his skill is clearly not a combative player that wants to sit deep and help the defense. He is so agile and swift in his movements that it is a beauty to watch, but I hope he can quickly build up his endurance because he was done after 35 minutes or so.
Out of all the games we have played this season that is one game where I wouldn't go with that pairing, thinking to that game I am pretty sure those two were the only ones looking confident on the ball despite Ndombele's lack of engine.

Out of all the games we have played this season that is one game where I wouldn't go with that pairing, thinking to that game I am pretty sure those two were the only ones looking confident on the ball despite Ndombele's lack of engine.

We have played that pairing in smaller games too and it didn’t work. Nothing is going to work in midfield until we sort out our FB positions IMO. We are so exposed on the flanks it is embarassing.

We bought him to link up defence and attack. He did a superb job of that. He is no DM.

Yup, he's definitely not that. Which poses a bit of an issue when your entire gameplan revolves around pressing high up the pitch and stopping counter-attacks before they begin.

Disagree all you want.......people never learn.

Have you seen us this season?
But Ndombele is ripping it up is he? Ok....yeah
Ndombele and Sissoko play different type of games.

ndombele link up play is fantastic but his defensively game isn’t where Sissoko is the other way round.

The biggest concern is how unfit Ndombele looks. Absolutely blowing after 40 mins.

Back
Top Bottom