Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was no fluke that they scored soon after sissoko went off, and we hadn’t conceded when he was on so stop with your sissoko narrative

I have no Sissoko narrative. If you want you can go to Sissoko thread and look at my comments about his role in the start of the season. I was the one who suggested that he might have a bigger role in the team as many here suggested after bringing in Ndombele. Unfortunately this season I would say that Sissoko has had 1 good game - against Palace. Yesterday he was not as energetic and hard-working as we would have needed.

We did not concede because Sissoko was taken off. We conceded because Wanyama was put on. And Wanyama is absolutely snail-paced.

I have no Sissoko narrative. If you want you can go to Sissoko thread and look at my comments about his role in the start of the season. I was the one who suggested that he might have a bigger role in the team as many here suggested after bringing in Ndombele. Unfortunately this season I would say that Sissoko has had 1 good game - against Palace. Yesterday he was not as energetic and hard-working as we would have needed.

We did not concede because Sissoko was taken off. We conceded because Wanyama was put on. And Wanyama is absolutely snail-paced.
Fair enough I read it wrong then, my bad! And yeah the the Wanyama sub still puzzles me and makes me worried that poch has lost it with playing Sanchez as a RB and bringing on a snail away from home protecting a 1-0 lead, even stranger that we couldn’t sell him to anyone , why not give Skipp or Dier a go there, they might not be the answer but we won’t know until we try and right now it can’t exactly get any worse so what do we have to lose

What do you guys think? How many weeks it could take before we could actually depend on Ndombele?

I mean in the last game he seemed totally unable to run or track back. Will it take like 2 or 3 weeks to get like mostly fit ? Or longer?

We could deffo use a forward passing CM but, not sure if we can afford one on the field that cannot run...

What do you guys think? How many weeks it could take before we could actually depend on Ndombele?

I mean in the last game he seemed totally unable to run or track back. Will it take like 2 or 3 weeks to get like mostly fit ? Or longer?

We could deffo use a forward passing CM but, not sure if we can afford one on the field that cannot run...
I don't know if there's an actual timeline but from what I read Ndombele himself under estimated the intensity of the league and the intensity of Poch's training requirements. He knew it was going to be hard but didn't quite realise how hard. That said, he seems happy to throw himself at the problem so I only see an upward curve rather than a plateau.

He seems to be blowing out his arse every time he makes a run. I think 2 - 3 months, not weeks.

Looking forward to seeing Lo Celso fully fit.

Poch warned us before the season started that it would take time for him to adapt, he's barely got started in English football so we need to be patient. I wouldn't expect him to hit peak condition until next season. He looks heavy and sluggish at the moment and only his dribbling really stands out, but Poch will get him in shape. Dembele lost a lot of weight and got much leaner after one year with Poch and I expect the same to happen with Ndombele.

This is the problem we have given ourselves by not signing a midfielder last summer, now there is too big a burden on Ndombele and Lo Celso to hit the ground running when that is an extremely difficult thing to do in the PL midfield battle.

Poch warned us before the season started that it would take time for him to adapt, he's barely got started in English football so we need to be patient. I wouldn't expect him to hit peak condition until next season. He looks heavy and sluggish at the moment and only his dribbling really stands out, but Poch will get him in shape. Dembele lost a lot of weight and got much leaner after one year with Poch and I expect the same to happen with Ndombele.

This is the problem we have given ourselves by not signing a midfielder last summer, now there is too big a burden on Ndombele and Lo Celso to hit the ground running when that is an extremely difficult thing to do in the PL midfield battle.

I don't know if there's an actual timeline but from what I read Ndombele himself under estimated the intensity of the league and the intensity of Poch's training requirements. He knew it was going to be hard but didn't quite realise how hard. That said, he seems happy to throw himself at the problem so I only see an upward curve rather than a plateau.

Yesjees mates, I get that he needs time to adapt overall.
I was currently only talking about his physical shape. Which was way-way-way worse in the Leicester game (5 games into the season) than in Villa game (season opener).

I get that absolute peak takes time. But in Leicester it was just "absolutely unacceptable" if anything ... :D

He was playing for one of the biggest clubs in France playing champions league not sunday league football. As professional footballer he should know how to stay fit but he looks like a lazy fat twat out on the pitch. This says a lot about him and I'm not going to sugarcoat it. He's our record signing and makes nearly the same as Harry Kane in wages.

Still very excited about Ndombele, he looks off pace and rough yes but some of his touches and passes were class, as was his goal against Aston Villa. It is disappointing he looks less fit than we expected though.

Did he not have a steal and assist in his first 60 seconds of action? Or early on anyway? And he has scored a goal, right? His skills and instincts are excellent. Let him get fully fit and settled in and he will be great.

He has to WANT to do the hard work first and foremost. The only thing we need to be worried about with him is his attitude.. because the talent is certainly there.

Yesjees mates, I get that he needs time to adapt overall.
I was currently only talking about his physical shape. Which was way-way-way worse in the Leicester game (5 games into the season) than in Villa game (season opener).

I get that absolute peak takes time. But in Leicester it was just "absolutely unacceptable" if anything ... :D
Possibly because he had played the full match in Greece just over 48 hrs Rev. His running style does him no favours. Chris Waddle?

It was no fluke that they scored soon after sissoko went off, and we hadn’t conceded when he was on so stop with your sissoko narrative

It was a fluke, because they had chances to score (and did score a goal that was chalked off) while Sissoko was on the pitch, a player who's been on the pitch for every one of the previous 7 goals we conceded and directly culpable in at least 2 of them (Villa and Newcastle) so stop with your Sissoko narrative.

Couldn’t find a thread?

What’s people’s thought? Not what you want him to be, or think he will be, or what he was at Lyon, or that he’s new etc etc etc

What are people’s views of what he has brought to the team.

Other than two (very important goals) I’m not seeing it yet. I don’t know what his role is or what kind of player he is.

If anyone can enlighten me that would be great

He's shown that he's a brilliant player on his own, but, when it comes to interacting with his teammates and understanding the game around him, he needs to get much better. I believe he will be a great player for us though, he is more than capable technically, he just needs to understand how we play tactically.

sammyspurs sammyspurs :pochlol:

Gotta give him time, mate. I think he's a real box to box midfielder who has the confidence to turn and run with the ball. He's not a defensive mid, so I'm not sure if Winks is the best partner for him. Oddly enough, perhaps Dier might best complement his game.

Silly mindset by you and any fan that thinks this simply. There is only 1 game changing player in the world and he's getting old now. It's a team sport and that is a ridiculous expectation to put on any player. We need players ALL around and not one 22 year old kid from France. Only foolish and simple-minded supporters expected a 'game changer'. We needed to address the MF with at least 3 new players and not this bullshit roy of the rovers craps.

Took the discussion here

No one can explain what he has brought to the team though other than two goals which is great.

Our style of play is still shit and we look no different to if Wanyama or Die was there.
No one said last season we needed three CMs so your bullshit retort is absolute fucking nonsense.

I expected to see an improvement in the middle.
I haven’t, and most people accept we’ve been garbage. So what is he doing?

Don’t tell me we also need to sign Henderson and Milner for him to look good

Lol

Back
Top Bottom