Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I completely get the logic for not starting him and bringing him on in the 2nd half when the oppo might be nearing fatigue.

The downside to this is that seeing our strategy at the moment relies heavily on letting the oppo have double-figure shots on our goal in the first period and praying that they don't take these opportunities we might be 5-0 down before he gets on the pitch.

Which is why I'd start him.

I actually think it may be fitness + attitude. He seemed lazy tonight in his cameo and it’s not the first time. I mean he doesn’t look too happy to track back and help in defence. Probably one of the reasons Gedson was given the nod tonight over him. And why Mourinho still doesn’t trust him at this point. I really hope Tanguy understands what the manager wants from him and bust his ass off because I like him a lot as a player.

He’s more suited to possession/counter-press style imo.

ZEST RANT DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE MY NUTRITION AND RECOVERY STUFF!!!

It's (IMVHO ) that he has a slow lymph (or similar, poorer Kidney function, hopefully not!), so like Dele, Eriksen and others, his body is signalling him not to turn quickly when he/we lose the ball.

This is what happens when you overload your metabolism (be it from overtraining, or eating the wrong fats/proteins, or too much of the wrong sugars - ie. fructose without the vits/minerals/grains especially processed).

This gives the impression of laziness, when it is an autonomic (subconscious) mechanism we all have to protect us, so we lose the ball (for example) and his unconscious mind is saying to him 'relax, someone else will get that' as it is fighting him to fall into recovery as it knows/feels excessive spent metabolic materials in whatever part of his body is not working optimally.

This is why it is much about pH as your lymph works on being Alkaline to draw out the spent acids (and vice versa to a lesser extent) putting it crudely. If you enter the field alredy 20-30-50% full of backed up recovery still to cycle you get situations like we see with NDombele (and hosts of others in our squad).

Poch had a way of rousing them out of this, often (latterly) in half time talks after we started slowly, picked up midsection of fist half (due to him shouting from the touchline), then looked like geriatrics later in games.

Pretty sure this was a blend of stupidly intense pre-season from Poch's team and a poor diet coming into it (and eating the wrong foods in recovery, as we have heard multiple reports of him needing a full plan and not having 'a proper pre-season' in Mourinhos words, he was signed before pre-season so no excuse for this).

This is Klopp on his version of high intensity (when questioned on him vs Pochettino's methods):

This link shows he was talking about the game Vs Spurs:

Inference being that Poch's way does kill players...

Last edited:
Seeing as Chelsea have this highest(??) XG of missed opportunities this season, I think I'd gamble on their luck not changing and us being the luckiest team in the league, I think he can do more damage against tired legs than fit ones. So I'd save him for the 2nd half and take out the bible and prayer mat for the first half.

Last edited:
We should ask UEFA for dispensation for him to able to play with an oxygen mask.

If it's oxygen, then the likely cuprit is largely fat based, moving to a high Flax/Quark blend 2-3x a day will re-energise his cellular oxygen potential, well proven in science...

Get the boy off the fried chicken and on the flax oil (if it is that!)

you'd start him regardless because you have your favorites and will use whatever kind of twisted logic to justify playing them ahead of more deserving players

Ndombele has incredible potential but the guy's obviously not completely adapted to the league yet and looks like absolute shit fitness and attitude wise sometimes.

I think he'll be good next year but even you must admit he's not exactly flawlessly gelled with the team, league and physical expectations.

Well as a man clearly proud of his prodigious ability with his hips ..... you should have some empathy for him

hip faints ... shoulder drops

you don’t fuck for 90 minutes pal !

(Do you.......?:llorisunsure:

I'm closing in on 50 and when I stare at Rubies for long periods (or place them where the sun reflects from them onto my base chakra/lower dan tien) I can last 2hours+ if I want, but that is for a random thread in another time...

:letmyselfout:

Last edited:
Think it may be mild Myopathic Gait:

image.img.full.high.png

Without huffing and puffing?
He will always huff and puff and look knackered. The modern game has made people think fitness equals Ronaldo when that mans an aberration. I honestly think a great player like Chris Waddle( who looked perpetually knackered had an odd gait, flitted in and out if games,then would do something that looked impossible) would be slaughtered in the present age. He was still by a mile better than any player in our current first team. In fact thinking about it and the video above he was the most aptly named footballer of all time.🤔

He will always huff and puff and look knackered. The modern game has made people think fitness equals Ronaldo when that mans an aberration. I honestly think a great player like Chris Waddle( who looked perpetually knackered had an odd gait, flitted in and out if games,then would do something that looked impossible) would be slaughtered in the present age. He was still by a mile better than any player in our current first team. In fact thinking about it and the video above he was the most aptly named footballer of all time.🤔
I think you are right. He walked onto the pitch as he if had had 20 pints the other night.

Dunno about miles better than any of our current lot, but agree the gist of the point.

It seems absurd that we on a forum can spot and see he has a gait issue/anomaly, which would explain why he would suffer miles more than most being put through an intensity pre-season (especially if the scouting and medicals did not highlight this to Pochs team and allow them, or insist on them, to make a tailored integration schedule which did not injure him).

This also explains well the muscular issues, as extra strain would/will be induced, also would explain his lowered ability to change direction unplanned in loss of possession and almost uncanny changes of direction in possession (just like Waddle who was nomenative determinism personified in this focus!).

This is a £60M asset we appear to have treated as a rank and file army trainee = get with the program or we'll break you...

Madness.

Dunno about miles better than any of our current lot, but agree the gist of the point.

It seems absurd that we on a forum can spot and see he has a gait issue/anomaly, which would explain why he would suffer miles more than most being put through an intensity pre-season (especially if the scouting and medicals did not highlight this to Pochs team and allow them, or insist on them, to make a tailored integration schedule which did not injure him).

This also explains well the muscular issues, as extra strain would/will be induced, also would explain his lowered ability to change direction unplanned in loss of possession and almost uncanny changes of direction in possession (just like Waddle who was nomenative determinism personified in this focus!).

This is a £60M asset we appear to have treated as a rank and file army trainee = get with the program or we'll break you...

Madness.
We don't have one squad player with his innate abilities the three closest are N'dombele, Locelso and Lamela and they are no where near him. Some of the football waddle produced would have in this age got him a Balon d'or. If two of the above get close we will be fighting off Madrid again. Totally agree with your assessment on N'dombele and the more I consider it the more the waddle parallel seems apt.

Last edited:
Can I get these rubies on amazon ?

Seriously it works, but I'm not sure its good for your long term health/balance, you may become way too passionate and people dont like it (except the recipient in the immediate term), I learned from bitter experience myself!

But PM me if you are serious about wanting a stimulant and I will explain it in more detail and send you a couple of example links and try to convey clearly the warnings.

We don't have one squad player with his innate abilities the three closest are N'dombele, Locelso and Lamela and they are no where near him. Some of the football waddle produced would have in this age got him a Balon d'or. If two of the above get close we will be fighting off Madrid again. Totally agree with your assessment on N'dombele and the more I consider it the more the waddle parallel seems apt.

Myopathic gate is also known as...

Waddling Gait!

What is Waddling Gait: Causes, Treatment, Diagnosis, Yoga
Reviewed By:
Pramod Kerkar, M.D., FFARCSI, DA

What is Waddling Gait?
Waddling Gait is a type of gait abnormality in which the affected patient walks like a duck. Walking like a duck means that when walking the part of the pelvis of the leg moving forward moves outward and the part of the leg which is normally placed moves inward. The reason for waddling gait abnormality is weakness of the proximal muscles of the pelvic girdle which causes weakness of the gluteus muscles. In order to overcome this weakness, the patient moves the upper body forwards and drags the lower leg forward.

what-is-waddling-gait.jpg

What Causes Waddling Gait?
As stated, Waddling Gait is caused due to weakness of the muscles of the pelvic girdle. There are many conditions which may cause pelvic girdle weakness. Some of the medical conditions which can cause pelvic girdle weakness resulting in a Waddling Gait are:
  • Myopathy
  • Muscular dystrophy
  • Gluteal muscle atrophy
  • Congenital hip dysplasia can also cause waddling gait
  • Waddling gait can be caused due to pelvic fracture.
How is the Reason for Waddling Gait Diagnosed?
In order to identify the cause of a Waddling Gait, the treating physician will first take a history of the patient in order to rule out any trauma to the pelvic musculature like a slip and fall or a motor vehicle accident that may be causing the weakness of the pelvic muscles resulting in a Waddling Gait. Once history taking is complete, the physician will then conduct some tests in order to rule out muscle weakness due to myopathy or muscle dystrophy. Imaging studies in the form of an MRI or CT scan will also be done to rule out conditions like hip dysplasia as a cause for Waddling Gait.

What is the Treatment for Waddling Gait?
Treating the cause of the Waddling Gait is by far the most preferred treatment for Waddling Gait or for that matter any gait abnormality. Citing an example, if Waddling Gait is caused due to a pelvic fracture then the waddling gait will improve as and when the fracture heals. In some cases surgery may also be done to correct the alignment of the bone to treat waddling gait. Conditions like hip dysplasia can be corrected with surgery. Apart from treating the underlying cause, gait training exercises are also prescribed to get the gait back to normal. The exercises will be designed to strengthen the pelvic muscles.

Yoga for Strengthening Pelvic Muscles
There are certain yoga exercises which can help strengthen the pelvic muscles and treat waddling gait. It should be noted here that these exercises should be started only after consulting with the physician and should not be done in case if there is pain or discomfort felt while doing these exercises. Some of these exercises are:
Setu Asana or Bridge Pose to Get Rid of Waddling Gait: This exercises benefits the muscles of the back and the pelvic muscles. In order to this exercise, you need to sit with legs straight. Now place the hands behind the body with the fingers pointing backwards. Now while taking in breath try and raise the upper body and pelvic area. The hands are used for supporting the body’s weight. Hand the head backwards for relaxing. Continue breathing and stay in this position as long as you feel comfortable. Breathe out and return back to starting position. You can do this two to three times a day.
Advertisement
Skandharasana or Shoulder Pose for Treating Waddling Gait: This exercise is also good for strengthening the back and pelvic muscles. To do this exercise, you need to lie on the back with the arms at the side. Now, bend the legs and hold the heels with the hands all the while placing the soles of feet on the floor. Breathing in, raise the body off of the floor as high as possible. The weight of the body is taken care of by the feet and the shoulders. Hold the breath and stay in this position as long as possible or as symptoms dictate. Now, exhale and come back to the starting position. You need to do this exercise two to three times a day.

The above exercises go a long way in helping strengthen the pelvic muscles. These exercises can be done once given a go ahead by the physician to get rid of Waddling Gait.

Back
Top Bottom