Taking Back Our Game Campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was an article in the Evening Standard tonight, which was quite damning about the cost of watching football in London, especially at Spurs and Woolwich, which were the most expensive, especially compared with Barcelona and the top teams in Germany. Chelsea are cheaper than us and Woolwich, assume that their very rich owner subsidises their seat prices.

There was an article in the Evening Standard tonight, which was quite damning about the cost of watching football in London, especially at Spurs and Woolwich, which were the most expensive, especially compared with Barcelona and the top teams in Germany. Chelsea are cheaper than us and Woolwich, assume that their very rich owner subsidises their seat prices.
It is quite shocking how much cheaper other leagues are, when the teams are still quite competitive.

I wonder if a political party would make mandatory conversion to fan ownership models an election promise?

The Fighting Cock supports the Taking Back Our Game campaign from STAND fanzine. The following article has been reproduced from www.standamf.com with their permission

Read article
Couldn't read it on my mobile for some reason, so just got to read it now. I agree with the ideas, but ultimately, I don't think the FA is going to bother listening, as they have no incentive. The only change would come when the money stops flowing, and that would take fans voting with their feet. Found your own, new clubs, and start the process over again. It would be the longer road, but is probably the only way to get the change you seek.

Back
Top Bottom