Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fortunately Davies will be back very soon.

At the moment Mou can’t really select and structure a proper team for each match, it’s just a case of dealing with the circumstances and getting eleven players onto the pitch and trying to win the game.

When Lloris, Ndombele and Davies are available then we can really get going.

At the moment Mou can’t really select and structure a proper team for each match, it’s just a case of dealing with the circumstances and getting eleven players onto the pitch and trying to win the game.

Makes me wonder what our first XI would look like when healthy. Davies for sure is in there, along with Ndombele.

---------------Lloris--------------
Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Davies
------Ndombele-????????------
--------Lucas-Dele-Son--------
---------------Kane--------------

I still think the spot I have there is going to be a new CDM signing either this January or July. In the short-term I think we'd play some combo of Dier/Winks/Sissoko there depending on our opponent.

This season has been poop soup. Just can't get going. Everyone back and healthy before the CL R16 so let's make some magic again.

Makes me wonder what our first XI would look like when healthy. Davies for sure is in there, along with Ndombele.

---------------Lloris--------------
Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Davies
------Ndombele-????????------
--------Lucas-Dele-Son--------
---------------Kane--------------

I still think the spot I have there is going to be a new CDM signing either this January or July. In the short-term I think we'd play some combo of Dier/Winks/Sissoko there depending on our opponent.
I think Mou sticks with Dier there. He's a better CDM than anyone else on the team and in a 4-2-3-1 its a need.

If he ran a 4-3-3 the additional body could make up for it. 3-4-3 still an option as well with Dier, Tanganga, Sanchez, Toby and Jan available for that back 3.

Imagine not being able to react to losing Ben Davies!!

Does this not worry anyone?

If losing Ben Davies is a massive blow to your attacking structure and you can't then adapt and find a solution to that, then what does that say about the manager?

Yeah I don't really buy this as I think Jan can play that role perfectly well tbh. It's not like Davies is blessed with pace.

Imagine not being able to react to losing Ben Davies!!

Does this not worry anyone?

If losing Ben Davies is a massive blow to your attacking structure and you can't then adapt and find a solution to that, then what does that say about the manager?

Yeah well, ppl here don't seem too bothered about the shit he keeps feeding us, and I guess he couldn't use the beach ball as excuse again.

"This team can't compete for more than 20 mins"

Ffs. Letting league bashers, Norwich and Southampton, look like some Barcelona, and Ings doing tricks like it was some FIFA game.

Well at least we are gonna win a trophy, so I'll just keep eating the shit

Also, why not just reverse the tactic? Drop the RB and push the LB (Sess) up?
People starting talking about this possibility with Foyth but Mourinho clearly doesn't think Foyth can do the job. Maybe Tanganga? Don't know if he has the passing range of Davies but I think he can play a hybrid RB/RCB role.

Yeah well, ppl here don't seem too bothered about the shit he keeps feeding us, and I guess he couldn't use the beach ball as excuse again.

"This team can't compete for more than 20 mins"

Ffs. Letting league bashers, Norwich and Southampton, look like some Barcelona, and Ings doing tricks like it was some FIFA game.

Well at least we are gonna win a trophy, so I'll just keep eating the shit
To be honest, little bits and bobs like that don't usually trigger me. Many managers will say stuff after a game and I think most do it in an attempt to draw something away from the performance and Jose is perhaps easily the best there is at doing it.

But kinda shocked by this. I've no major issue with Davies, I like him he's a very reliable pro and when Rose first got injured he did a wonderful job, mainly because he wasn't rotated and had to play almost every game in a spot that's physically demanding. But to have your attacking structure scuppered (can't find a different solution) because you can't use him as the 3rd CB when we have the ball is jaw-dropping.

People starting talking about this possibility with Foyth but Mourinho clearly doesn't think Foyth can do the job. Maybe Tanganga? Don't know if he has the passing range of Davies but I think he can play a hybrid RB/RCB role.
Tanganga was pushed out wider when we made the double subs so yeah. Same too with Foyth who plays RB for Argies, although I don't think he's an RB but the point is there are possible solutions that can be explored.

We can become Woolwich fans instead. Kronke treats those people right. He has even hired a manager who is making you jizz your pants.
:adethumbup:
I'm not stopping you fella if that's your desire.

Nothing I've said about Arteta remotely qualifies to jizzing, absolutely nothing to bass him on if he's good or bad. There are signs of an identity to their play though, that's all I have observed and communicated on. Not something our gaffer as achieved yet. But all I can do is keep on waiting.

Back
Top Bottom