Swindon Town v Tottenham 16/7/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only to spite you.

Didn't see the match but the goal looked great - at what point do we just move Bale into the striker's position and be done with this Benteke fellow?

I'm afraid I couldn't catch it, I saw the Bale goal though it was cracking. Personally I wouldn't want Benteke considering the alternatives but he sure is an upgrade. Maybe he can be our goalscoring CB, just sayin. :dawsonlol:

After seeing the kit in a game I'm sold, bright logo or not that's the best Spurs kit in years.

Getting me one for sure, I love that both my six a side teams play in white.

After seeing the kit in a game I'm sold, bright logo or not that's the best Spurs kit in years.

Getting me one for sure, I love that both my six a side teams play in white.

First time I can remember since the 80's I think with no fucking red.

Long may it continue

Number of shots on target by our strikers?

Anyone?

I was at the game tonight.

In summary, no one seemed bothered to try and win the game or even stick out to earn a place in the side. I thought, at least, Rose and Townsend would make an effort.

As for Striker chances Carlito, JD had two, maybe three shots in the first half. Obika led the line in the second half and, if his instrustions from AVB were to be offside at any given opportunity then he followed those instructions superbly and should be commended.

Regarding out young players, Callebos was ok-ish, Bertlab (or whatever his name is) was shite, second half was duller then the first.

Freidel made a good finger tip save second half. Big future in the game for this kid.

Pretty sure he already served his one game ban in the last match of last season.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong mate..That was the chat at the game anyway

I was at the game tonight.

In summary, no one seemed bothered to try and win the game or even stick out to earn a place in the side. I thought, at least, Rose and Townsend would make an effort.

As for Striker chances Carlito, JD had two, maybe three shots in the first half. Obika led the line in the second half and, if his instrustions from AVB were to be offside at any given opportunity then he followed those instructions superbly and should be commended.

Regarding out young players, Callebos was ok-ish, Bertlab (or whatever his name is) was shite, second half was duller then the first.

Freidel made a good finger tip save second half. Big future in the game for this kid.

I was there too fella (for half of the first half and all of the second)

Shots on target mate....how many?

Typical pre season dross but good to be back in the game, started to itch

I'm pretty sure you're wrong mate..That was the chat at the game anyway

I was there too fella (for half of the first half and all of the second)

Typical pre season dross but good to be back in the game, started to itch
He got a red for two yellows against Chelsea in Villa's second to last game, earning a one match ban, and sat out in the final match v. Wigan. Unless I'm missing something he's now all clear.

Not many, and certainly not enough.

It's a typical pre-season game though in the sense that we get a 'meh' result and I don't know how to feel. Yeah, it's pre-season and it means nothing in terms of where we are as a team and how good we will be in time for Palace, but I still feel fucked off that we didn't win 17-0

Not fucking happy with that result, they let me down for £550 :gomes: WHY?!

One of the rules of betting.

Never, ever bet on the team you support, as heart always comes over head when it comes to this, even if you deny it. So it's best just to leave them out if you can.

Spurs have fucked me over so much before!

He got a red for two yellows against Chelsea in Villa's second to last game, earning a one match ban, and sat out in the final match v. Wigan. Unless I'm missing something he's now all clear.

Nice one fella. Good to hear. After what I was told tonight this has been ongoing since the end of last season..

Just please let him be good

Not many, and certainly not enough.

It's a typical pre-season game though in the sense that we get a 'meh' result and I don't know how to feel. Yeah, it's pre-season and it means nothing in terms of where we are as a team and how good we will be in time for Palace, but I still feel fucked off that we didn't win 17-0

They are without manager and with a paper thin squad, they are on the verge of collapse by all accounts, despite it meaning nothing we should have killed them.

I went to watch Bristol Rovers at home to Rangers on saturday and I have also watched a good few games from the womens Euros on the telly at the gym.

Tonight was the best game I have seen in the last week.

One of the rules of betting.

Never, ever bet on the team you support, as heart always comes over head when it comes to this, even if you deny it. So it's best just to leave them out if you can.

Spurs have fucked me over so much before!

True story. Last season thought Spurs won me a shitload of money especially away from home. I normally consider myself a level headed better and I fully expected us to do Swindon but some days you win some you lose, all part of the game. If I'd known the likes of Obika would play I'd not have touched it with a ten foot pole

Back
Top Bottom