Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I said to my dad yesterday as we walked out of WHL, Woolwich losing tomorrow would cheer me up.

Fucking brilliant! Still extended our lead on them despite a draw!

My boss is the most smarmy gooner you will ever meet, I bet he doesn't even mention football tomorrow.

spooky said:
Benny just tweeted:

Swansea!! We beleve in U LOL

:bae:
umad.gif

how well dyer is playing has surprised me, far more impressive than sinclair.imo

GodSaveTheKing said:
Paydro said:
Swansea are fuckn great to watch

Could you imagine if Swansea had 1 or 2 20+ goals a season players in their team...Frightening!

If Brendan Rodgers can get that sort of play out of Championship players, just think what he could do with our squad, if Harry goes I know the first place I would look for a replacement.

linnet_spur said:
Paydro said:

Danny Graham looks very tidy upfront for them holding the ball up

Caulker is a beast in the making, can't wait for him to get back here next season he's already on Kaboul and Dawsons level imo and will only get better. Samba and Caulker could be the future.

With Caulker coming back, we don't need Samba. Caulker and Kaboul will be absolute beasts

I don't have as much faith in Kaboul as some. He's a good player but Samba absolutely owned him on every set-piece when we played Blackburn. After King and Gallas we'll need a proper leader at the back with a cool head on his shoulders, for me Daws and Kaboul can be to rash in their decision making when under sustained pressure.

ArtyB said:
GodSaveTheKing said:
Paydro said:

Could you imagine if Swansea had 1 or 2 20+ goals a season players in their team...Frightening!

If Brendan Rodgers can get that sort of play out of Championship players, just think what he could do with our squad, if Harry goes I know the first place I would look for a replacement.

From the little I've seen of Swansea, that was exactly what I was thinking driving into work this morning. I like the way Swansea move the ball out from the back, not giving themselves too much time without releasing the ball quickly (something we used to be guilty of) and Rodgers seems to get him message across effectively. No doubt we'll be in a better position to judge him by the end of the season, and I very much doubt the FA will appoint the new England manager until after the Euro's. I'm not very familiar with his brief unsucessful spell at Reading (4 months!) before Swansea so it would be interesting to know what went wrong there.

A few people have mentioned Rodgers taking over Redknapp, we need to bear in mind they've only had 1 away win all season. It's fair to say that the Premier League were unprepared for Swansea thus far, does he have a plan B? Woolwich were starting to get behind their full backs and better wingers than Walcott and Arshavin would've taken advantage of this. I think we'll see how Swansea get on next season when they're no longer a surprise package before he gets any major plaudits.

Bang on the money mate. Can't take anything away from how well they've been playing at home. But how many newly promoted teams have seen over the years have come up to the prem in their first season done fairly well but struggle in their second season.

Blackpool last season were the same first half of the season they surprised everyone and even turned over soem of the big boys. We only took a point off them! Unfortunately free flowing attacking football doesn't always gurantee you survival. Like you say let's just see how they get on in the second more difficult season before Rodgers get's any real plaudits. That's if they stay up of course, which I'm sure they will do.

spooky said:
Gooners were out in numbers yesterday, gloating at us for fucking up against Wolves.

If anyone finds one this evening, let me know.

...and THAT'S why I don't agree with Spurs fans 'gloating'... yes, of course the 'bantaaaaaaaa' is part of the game (nowadays apparently) but the act of gloating over someone else's misfortune, or rather banging on about your own success is something OTHER teams can do... but not here.
Man Utd & ArseAnal fans are probably the two worst culprits, Man City will surely follow in time, whereas Chelsea fans weren't around when they were shit, so can't actually make the comparison...

WE on the other hand are above all that... 'cos we all know which road it leads down.
We can fucking ENJOY our success and (early days of) supremacy, but let's worry about celebrating with eachother first, not tarnishing our fun by ramming it down the throat of anyone who is within earshot... if they wanna take offence at our decent season so far, that's their look-out and insecurity... I'd much rather celebrate us doing well with a bunch of Spurs fans, than conga-ing down the 7 Sisters and pulling silly faces at a bunch of equally silly-0faced Gooners... fuck 'em, I don't want them at OUR PARTY, let alone think about them at this moment in time.
Mind you, I punched the air like WE'D scored when the final whistle went yesterday... I'm not THAT much of a stone-hearted hypocrite...

Difference is, let's just allow them THEIR Monday morning of gloom, let them wallow in the confusion of realising that maybe Henry coming back ISN'T going to propel them to the League title... WE don't need to point it out to them, they already KNOW!

We've had YEARS of dogs abuse from them; "3 Point Lane" "St Totteringham's Day" blah blah fucking blah... let's not fight fire with fire, let's win with the same grace and style our team does (ahem, SaTURDay excepted!) and IF the unthinkable happens, and we finish in the Top 2/3, let alone 'merely' just above them, let's do that with a level of decorum they wouldn't even know how to spell, let alone adhere to!

...as my Mother always said; "One thing worse than a bad LOSER, is a BAD WINNER!"

This has long been debated, on the podcast and generally. The way in which Woolwich lost was funny as fuck, I generally don't gloat when they lose. It's human nature to get a few digs in, for years and years I've had to go into work on a Monday after we've lost and get grief. Go into college/university and get grief. This is payback, I just can't keep quiet about it.

Ahhh, but there are subtle ways of doing it, rather than standing, legs and arms outstretched, holding 3-2 up with your fingers, whilst following that poor depressed (!!) Gooner around all day... I've had it done to me, and I tell you, I fucking HATED the mere existence of the cunt who did it, and wished a life-threatening illness on him and all his offspring (in my mind, luckily I don't VOCALISE that kinda thought!)

But it makes you realise, I KNOW I'd never retaliate, but instead, the quiet, assured relaxation that shows you are in control is WAY more hard to take... Bullies WANT a reaction, and if we retaliate, we're giving it to them... let them stew in their own fucking mess... besides, from the look of this story, it seems they're tearing themselves apart from within anyway, don't look like they need ANY outside intervention!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ier-league

Thelonious said:
A few people have mentioned Rodgers taking over Redknapp, we need to bear in mind they've only had 1 away win all season.

This.

I was going to mention they can't really win away. But lucky for them if you win your home matches you stay up. This is why Wigan and Blackburn are going down.

I'm confused... how come Man Of the Match WASN'T Henry...? and how come he didn't score a last-minute hat-trick to win the game 5-3... I THOUGHT IT WAS WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPT THAT EVERY FUCKING ARSEANAL GAME FROM NOW UNTIL HE FUCKS OFF BACK TO NOO YOIK WOULD END LIKE THIS???

Back
Top Bottom