Swansea (H) 03-Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how you can say Ali was poor yesterday? Granted the penalty was a bit dubious but I think this was only given as the ref knew he messed up with the Kung fu kick on walker.... but to say he wasn't very good? Did you watch the full match or just highlights?
Hey, wasn't trying to slag him or anything - just saying there are different standards, very different standards for our players and using him as an example for someone who was a bit below the radar, yet doesn't attract a bad word from anyone. Nor should he.

Some of the criticism for Eriksen, Sissoko and in particular Son and Janssen is completely out of order, when considering how they actually perform. They are rarely much worse than other of our regulars this season.

FTIW I think he did well to win the penalty, far far worse dives the last couple of weeks

Did Dele dive? Yes.
Do I give a shit? No.

That should be most Spurs fans thoughts really. Diving isn't going anywhere and never will. I'm not saying embrace it but eventually we'll get done over by an oppo player diving and we'll get fucked over and as surely as Bob is you're uncle, this shit will level out. Just got to learn to live with it.

Christ, we've had our fair share of nonsense decisions fall against us (Mendes, Nani etc.) that a little luck our way should be welcomed.

What does annoy me is the ''there's contact, therefore it's a foul'' viewpoint. Football is not non-contact.

Did Dele dive? Yes.
Do I give a shit? No.

That should be most Spurs fans thoughts really. Diving isn't going anywhere and never will. I'm not saying embrace it but eventually we'll get done over by an oppo player diving and we'll get fucked over and as surely as Bob is you're uncle, this shit will level out. Just got to learn to live with it.

Christ, we've had our fair share of nonsense decisions fall against us (Mendes, Nani etc.) that a little luck our way should be welcomed.

What does annoy me is the ''there's contact, therefore it's a foul'' viewpoint. Football is not non-contact.
Not sure why you would view it as luck. Fortune had nothing to do with it. IMHO

If anyone can demonstrate that there was no contact between Dele & Naughton with some certainty, then fair enough. But I haven't seen one clip of the incident which proves it one way or the other. What I do know is that he made sure the ref noticed it.

On a slightly different note, we all agree it's bad to dive, yet nobody bats an eyelid when someone makes a tactical & cynical foul in the middle of the park to stop a promising attack- whether it's a clip of the heels, a pull of the shirt or a cruncher (as long as it's not a dangerous one). Instead it's heralded as taking a card for the team. It's surely still cheating, as diving is, but somehow accepted & even applauded. I'm as guilty as the next person of treating the 2 situations differently but in the cold light of day, I'm not sure why becuse they are both aspects of the game & both seek to obtain an unfair advantage by underhand means.
Hear hear

Very little mention on here of how bad the atmosphere was on Saturday. The performance certainly wasn't an excuse. The kick-off time certainly wasn't an excuse (3 pm Saturday should help the atmosphere). Was the first time this season I've managed to get a ticket in the PL lower (block 34) and it was absolutely dead around me.

So what do you think happened? Something to do with the ballot system? The shit away support? Our form?

Very little mention on here of how bad the atmosphere was on Saturday. The performance certainly wasn't an excuse. The kick-off time certainly wasn't an excuse (3 pm Saturday should help the atmosphere). Was the first time this season I've managed to get a ticket in the PL lower (block 34) and it was absolutely dead around me.

So what do you think happened? Something to do with the ballot system? The shit away support? Our form?
Worst atmosphere of the season. Fair few empty seats arround the ground especially Park Lane upper and West Upper. Noticed some of the Park Lane upper filled after about 30 mins but still many sests not taken. Just think people couldn't be arsed as it was Swansea as at no point before, during and after did it get going. Not one goal was celabrated with a yiddo.
As you mentioned the Swansea lot were shite as well, on par with Fulham away support.

Worst atmosphere of the season. Fair few empty seats arround the ground especially Park Lane upper and West Upper. Noticed some of the Park Lane upper filled after about 30 mins but still many sests not taken. Just think people couldn't be arsed as it was Swansea as at no point before, during and after did it get going. Not one goal was celabrated with a yiddo.
As you mentioned the Swansea lot were shite as well, on par with Fulham away support.
I think it shows that we are going to struggle with support issues for a few years with Wembley and the new Stadium. It is no surprise as I can remember when we were rebuilding one of the stands and only had 3 sides. It just was not the same.

I think it shows that we are going to struggle with support issues for a few years with Wembley and the new Stadium. It is no surprise as I can remember when we were rebuilding one of the stands and only had 3 sides. It just was not the same.
May be reading to much into it. Been going for 40yrs now and every single year in that time there have been shit atmospheres. Same for every other club too, can't think of another club where the support rocks for every game of the season.

Back
Top Bottom